Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
Advice to those still without power. If you have meat or other stuff thawing in the freezer wrap it in grocery, or garbage bags, or put in a bucket with lid and bury it in the snow. I have lost a lot from loss of power in previous years. I have 3-5gallon buckets, grocery bags, and 2-1gallon ice cream buckets full of meat buried right now. Thats tough to replace if you lose it.

& If your Power is out & You can't
Read this, PM Me :tongue3:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm moving SOUTH...snow will be here soon, 1st it was sleet, now they saying 60% for my area...I don't want, I don't need it. :'( Schools will be closed tomorrow, parades for tonight and tomorrow are canceled.

RR

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
parades ?

I Thought Mardi gras was Tuesday

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parades have been rolling since January...Fat Tuesday is just a regular big day with parades all over town and the last day of parades.

http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/schedule.html

What is Fat Tuesday?

Fat Tuesday is Mardi Gras, the festival New Orleans, Louisiana, is famous for. "Gras" is French for fat and "Mardi" is French for Tuesday.

The annual festivities start on January 6, the Twelfth Night Feast of the Epiphany, when the three kings are supposed to have visited the Christ Child, and build to a climax on Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday, which always occurs on the day before Ash Wednesday. The parties and parades will continue until Lent begins at the stroke of midnight on Tuesday.

Mardi Gras is a legal holiday in New Orleans. It is scheduled to occur 46 days before Easter. Since the actual date Easter occurs on changes yearly, Mardi Gras can happen on any Tuesday between February 3 and March 9.

For two centuries it has been an annual event in New Orleans, except during the two World Wars.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
We're dealing with between 28" to 34" of snow in this area. I don't mind digging out of it, but there is
simply no where left to put it. I have 2 vehicles dug out but have a 4-wheel drive Blazer & a Buick that
is unrecognizable under a mountain of that white global warming stuff. Rumors of more snow coming
Sunday or Monday. I kind of enjoy it, just to see the rat race being forced to slow down for a spell.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
I said I feel for you guys, didn't say I wanted to take your place. :tongue3:

I'm sitting at my desk watching it snow outside. This is Alabama for God's sake. ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions