My KellyCo experience

Fletch_360

Greenie
Jan 26, 2010
NW PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
I ordered the minelab etrac from Kellyco on 2/3/10. I took advantage of their BOGO special and purchased another metal detector as well. I also purchased the "extra battery plus" package.

The package arrived on 2/10/10, and I eagerly opened up the boxes of goodies. After putting the etrac together, I realized that I was missing the "extra battery plus" items. I quickly called Kellyco to let them know about the mishap. I spoke to the woman who took my order and she actually asked me if I had checked the boxes good. I let her know that yes, I did check the boxes to ensure the items weren't hiding anywhere. Kind of hard in my opinion, to not be able to see "6" items that were ordered. She then told me that they were out of the "extra battery plus" package and that they would make one up for me and get it sent out right away.
Today, 2/15/10, I decided to put the other detector together and wouldn't you know it, a plastic piece on the detector was broken. So I had to call customer service back and get a replacement part. While speaking to the woman, I asked her about the status of my "extra battery plus" kit and she told me that she did not have a record of it in the system. I was then transferred over to the woman who took my order. She told me that she forgot to put the order in when I spoke to her five days ago. I couldn't believe it. Another screw up with my order. I think the next time I have $1800 dollars burning a hole in my pocket, I may find another dealer to do business with.

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
Did you ask the sales lady if she also 'forgot' to debit your account for the $1800?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironic the free stuff is probably the reason you went with a larger less personal dealer.

What was the plastic part that was broken? I can't even think of something that would break.

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fletch_360, I am sorry you did not receive quality service when you contacted our company regarding your orders. I'm sending you a PM for a little more information. If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know, I'd be happy to help out.

Ms. Blaze

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Too, with most brands other than Tesoro, some small dealers will usually knock-off a lot from their regular discount price to more than make up for any free items offered by other dealers.

Last fall I got my brand new F-70 minus extras for $500 shipped.

But be warned; just because a dealer is small doesn't mean they're good.

Two weeks ago I bought a 10.5 Tesoro coil from a small online dealer and have gotten the go-around ever since. He never answers my emails or phone calls.

I was promised fast shipping with tracking and I'm still waiting.

So, smaller isn't always better.

Digging Fool

Feb 12, 2010
In the Southern Pines
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Tesoro Silver, Tiger Shark, HH Pirate
Back in the 80's and 90's, Kellyco was top-notch. I've ordered alot from them over the years. Lately, though.............?

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net Fletch_360.

This thread is why customer service is so important especially with a mail order company. Here we have a new member who's first post is about their dealings with a mail order company. KellyCo probably makes hundreds of sales that go off without a hitch for every one that has a problem but we don't hear about those. This happens all the time with mail order companies. Fletch, don't take my words personally as I too have done the same as you on occasion. I'll try first to shop at local stores whenever possible, you can handle the merchandise, pay in cash and deal with someone face to face all while supporting your neighbor so that they can buy your goods. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
F

Fletch_360

Greenie
Jan 26, 2010
NW PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Iron Patch said:
Ironic the free stuff is probably the reason you went with a larger less personal dealer.

What was the plastic part that was broken? I can't even think of something that would break.
The broken piece wasn't on the etrac, it was on the other detector. Kellycochick contacted me about the issues I mentioned previously and said she will make sure it goes smooth from here on out. I will keep everyone updated on how well the customer service goes.

OP
OP
F

Fletch_360

Greenie
Jan 26, 2010
NW PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
DigginThePast said:
Welcome to T-Net Fletch_360.

This thread is why customer service is so important especially with a mail order company. Here we have a new member who's first post is about their dealings with a mail order company. KellyCo probably makes hundreds of sales that go off without a hitch for every one that has a problem but we don't hear about those. This happens all the time with mail order companies. Fletch, don't take my words personally as I too have done the same as you on occasion. I'll try first to shop at local stores whenever possible, you can handle the merchandise, pay in cash and deal with someone face to face all while supporting your neighbor so that they can buy your goods. :thumbsup:

Customer service is very important. I'm a distribution manager and know that mistakes can and will happen. As long as the you "take care" of the customer, they will come back again!!

S

stefen

Kellyco should comp a part of the cost for the inconvenience...not just coupons for future purchases....

:coffee2:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if they've ever heard of the "Rule of 600"?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread