HOW DANGEROUS IS IT???

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOPS Cache finder, at the end of that 5 sec fuse, inside of that attached tube, is a DETONATOR !!!! It is needed to set off the explosive train. The 5 sec fuse merely delays on how long it will be before the Detonator blows after the grenade has been activated. It can disassemble a hand nicely, possibly your life. Need I say more?

Don Jose de La Mancha

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
just to let you know, the outside of the grenade is the fragments that tear you up, inside that is c4 or something
similar, inside that is the detonator ( the part you have ) which has enough power to remove your hand
very quickly.

DO NOT TRANSPORT THIS, call you local PD and have them remove it
it's not worth your life

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
packerbacker said:
It's like a primer on a centerfire cartridge; not to mess with!

Don't try this at home... Small pistol and rifle primers are pretty close to .177 and will fire from a air gun.. Oh damn.. did I just say that... What ever you do, don't fire any at your basement wall ... Oops said that too... Forget I said all that! I know nutting I see nutting...

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
DON'T get the cops involved ! Build a bushel basket size wood fire tepee with the det in the center at least 100 ft from any at risk structure . Light the fire and retire behind a solid structure and wait for a
moderate bang or for the fire to burn out . Case closed without any official involvement or risk to yourself .

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
it has a small charge in it that at the end of the fuse burning time (which can and does vary depending upon the exact type it is ) blows up setting of the main powder charge in the body . --its strong enought to seriously maim you or possibly even kill you --so long as the "safety pin" is in place --it should be somewhat safer -- so for petes sake --DO NOT REMOVE THAT PIN -- UNLESS YOU WANT FOLKS TO CALL YOU LEFTY IN THE FUTURE --OR WANT TO BE A "DARWIN AWARD" CONTENDER.

yes ,it dangerous --treat it as such.

OP
OP
B

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok it is dangerousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss thanks everyone bildon

B

BIG61AL

Honestly, why all the different opinions. Call the police. They will send a bomb unit and dispose of it with very little hassle to you and everyone will be safe getting rid of it. Lots of dangerous objects from WWII get turned in all the time. They will be destroying things like this for many years as relatives clear out the possessions of their fathers and uncles as they pass on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions