Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Tee, thank you.

Goldie, I think you are right. They would be some tricky ones wouldn't they? Thanks for your response.

Ray

peacock

Oct 16, 2009
Your photos are awesome. Such beauty. I find a inner peace with in when viewing them.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Hello, peacock, Thank you. I am really glad that you like them and appreciate your complimentary reply.

Ray

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they are all lovely pictures and some look surreal. As a matter of fact, the picture above your pull tab seems to be Pac-Man :D

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, but probably better referred to as images since it's photoshop. Ain't no one quite that good with a camera! :tongue3:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
Iron Patch said:
Cool, but probably better referred to as images since it's photoshop. Ain't no one quite that good with a camera! :tongue3:

I beg your pardon....there are quite a few people that good with a camera!!

How many can take impossible shots?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
Iron Patch said:
texastee2007 said:
Iron Patch said:

what is so impossible about the lighting being right? I wish I hadn't left the pictures I took in Yosemite behind in California...I had many shots like these. Not so hard with a good Camera, the right lens, and the right lighting...you just need to know how to compose the shot. It takes someone with a good eye...Many places have a place that you stand and it is marked so you take the picture from the area marked. That makes a good photograph for everyone. What are you finding so impossible about the beautiful pictures here?

Had to add this in....Out of a roll of 36 exposure....you may get 2 or 3 that are considered "that shot!"

The images have massive doctoring from photo software, hence the use of the word "mirror" because that's one of the features used.

Just look at the log in the first picture, definitely added later.

Using the mirror image is also the feature I used making my iconic :D Minelab Rocks image.

Attachments

• MinelabRocks.jpg
    MinelabRocks.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 114

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
Iron Patch said:
texastee2007 said:
Iron Patch said:
texastee2007 said:
Iron Patch said:

what is so impossible about the lighting being right? I wish I hadn't left the pictures I took in Yosemite behind in California...I had many shots like these. Not so hard with a good Camera, the right lens, and the right lighting...you just need to know how to compose the shot. It takes someone with a good eye...Many places have a place that you stand and it is marked so you take the picture from the area marked. That makes a good photograph for everyone. What are you finding so impossible about the beautiful pictures here?

Had to add this in....Out of a roll of 36 exposure....you may get 2 or 3 that are considered "that shot!"

The images have massive doctoring from photo software, hence the use of the word "mirror" because that's one of the features used.

Just look at the log in the first picture, definitely added later.

Using the mirror image is also the feature I used making my iconic :D Minelab Rocks image.

I disagree....a good reflection picture would make it hard to tell which way is up...you would almost want to exclude the log in your picture.
Regardless I love the pictures that Karenray shares with us...it takes a special person to take their time to pick out such beautiful moments in life just to share with others....I would like to once again say thank you....Here is a picture of Crown Lake, Yosemite

Did you take that picture? If not, and considering you appeared to have no idea how much editing went on in the above shots, then why should I assume anything you post which was found on the net is an actual picture with no doctoring? I made a simple post about the images above and you seem to feel the need to defend photography as a whole. I would have thought people would rather know the truth than thinking their shots suck because they can't do what they see above. You on the other hand see to be content with a lie.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Spartacus, Thanks, LOL... ;D

Gator-Flea, thank you

bbqbull, there was nothing to indicate where they were taken. Thank you for your interest glad you liked them

Iron Patch, I think you have made an incorrect assumption, but regardless, they are very pretty to look at. Thanks
for expressing your thoughts about them.

tee, That pic of Crown Lake in Yosemite is a beautiful scene and a good addition here. I thank you for all that you
said here.

Iron Patch, That last post of your's is rather insulting to her and it also reflects back on me. I welcome any
thoughts anyone has about anything I post on here, but there is no call to put anyone down in your discussions about
it.This supposed to be a friendly forum.

Ray

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
karenray08 said:

Gator-Flea, thank you

bbqbull, there was nothing to indicate where they were taken. Thank you for your interest glad you liked them

Iron Patch, I think you have made an incorrect assumption, but regardless, they are very pretty to look at. Thanks

tee, That pic of Crown Lake in Yosemite is a beautiful scene and a good addition here. I thank you for all that you
said here.

Iron Patch, That last post of your's is rather insulting to her and it also reflects back on me. I welcome any
thoughts anyone has about anything I post on here, but there is no call to put anyone down in your discussions about

Ray

The first reply I received was insulting to me so there will definitely be no apologies going out anytime soon.

....and you are well within your right to think those are real pictures.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
Iron Patch said:
karenray08 said:

Gator-Flea, thank you

said here.

Ray

The first reply I received was insulting to me so there will definitely be no apologies going out anytime soon.

....and you are well within your right to think those are real pictures.

Iron Patch....I can always say I am sorry if you were insulted...I am sorry...I did not mean to insult you and no I did not take the pictures that Karenray posted. I do however take lots of pictures...My eyes are getting rather bad though and I can no longer enjoy the use of my Niikon 35 mm Camera and all of it's many different lenses...I so enjoyed crawling around looking beyond the lens to show things no one else would see. Anything from a bug to a God designed cloud in the sky. I know very well what can be done with a camera, good light and luck.

My first post was totally harmless, and why it got to this was definitely not my doing. I have little interest in photography, or photoshop for that matter, and was just calling it how it is. (Photoshopped pictures/images)

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics. :thumbsup: Thanks for posting.

Looks like RGINN has some competition. :laughing9:

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
DigginThePast, Thanks for the nice compliment, but I don't really deserve it. LOL. RGINN's pictures are all taken by him
with his own camera. These are not mine. I only copied them from an e-mail so I can't really claim any credit for how good
they are. But thanks again. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread