US Gov killing US citizens

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I absolutly understand the hazards of smoking, and the grip of addiction. My mother and Grandmother both had to take lit cigs out of thier dying husbands' hands. But c'mon, the government isn't killing it's citizens. The citizens are killing themselves!! Much like the popular saying, Guns don't kill, people do. personal responsibility.

naturegirl

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
I absolutly understand the hazards of smoking, and the grip of addiction. My mother and Grandmother both had to take lit cigs out of thier dying husbands' hands. But c'mon, the government isn't killing it's citizens. The citizens are killing themselves!! Much like the popular saying, Guns don't kill, people do. personal responsibility.

naturegirl

You know naturegirl, I read your post and I was going to respond with the usual moral
responsibility of a government towards its citizens, etc, etc.

But that is a moot point. The idea of a government for the people and by the people died right after the ink dried on our constitution.

Your absolutely correct that it is Personal Responsibility.

Not only for Cig's but in every other aspect of our lives.

Great Post :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:

naturegirl

Totally agree, it has been known for more then 50 years that smoking tobacco causes multiple health problems up to and including DEATH.....I quit smoking when my stepfather died at age 49 of emphysema.....

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
poorhunter78 said:
would this be the same in snuff, chewing tobacco?
Ben ,
I think they are treating all tobacco . You have seen me coughing and gagging for breath and it is getting worse .
Dipping will just take longer . You are still absorbing the same chemicals .
Jim
Sounds like BIG BROTHER needs his hand slapped, And put in time out. :headbang:
This will be a tough task convincing my wife and myself to get away from tobacco. But I have been through bigger problems so it will just take time to accomplish this. She has so many other things to deal with healthwise right now but I think we can work through this.
If Jim and I could, Get yall from down south to open the curtains and let some of the sunlight come through then we could melt away all this burden we have therefor get to do some MDing to help rid us from cabin fever....... :headbang: :hello2: :headbang: :hello2:

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
If Jim and I could, Get yall from down south to open the curtains and let some of the sunlight come through then we could melt away all this burden we have therefor get to do some MDing to help rid us from cabin fever....... :headbang: :hello2: :headbang: :hello2:
[/quote]

And ask the Canadians to please shut the door. :)

Re: FDA: Isn't there some responsibility to see that poisons aren't added to items we consume? Granted, many chemicals have been in tobacco for a long time, but this FSC is something new. Though, who could blame them for missing this ball, they've dropped many in the pharmaceutical game.

Where were the tobacco companies on this? You would think we would have heard them screaming for a while before they allowed the last of their business to be torpedoed.

Far too many to post, so here are the links to ingredients, from Phillip Morris:

Tobacco & Flavor Ingredients
http://www.pmusa.com/en/cms/Product...o_Flavor_Ingredients/default.aspx?src=top_nav

Non-Tobacco Ingredients
http://www.pmusa.com/en/cms/Product..._Tobacco_Ingredients/default.aspx?src=top_nav

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:-[

Attachments

• cig-lineupfront2.jpg
    cig-lineupfront2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 117