spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see anything on cigarettes, but did see they sprayed weed. You never know what's going on anyway, until it's too late.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not smoke these FSC cigs.

The list of complaints including serious medical issues are rolling in.

But what would you expect from your friendly government other then find another way to
eliminate another sector of the population?

Surely smoking an ethylene vinyl acetate copolymer emulsion based adhesive can not be bad for you

Yet, it is ironic that if you were caught inhaling this same chemical you would go to Jail because it is:

CARPET GLUE

Gotta love the governments sense of humor :wink:

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,290852.0.html
Practically everything thats in a cigarette hurts you in some way and now they add FSC.
The human body wasn't meant to inhale smoke - period.
They want more warnings on cigarette packs to curb young people from smoking. Yet all
you see is ........... Surgeon General's Warning Cigarette Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide
No skull and cross bones yet. Here is the warning for FSC. At least they put it on the pack.
IMG_7075_2.jpg

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
This is crazy, who's minding the FDA?

Been reading more and more about this. It can't be good.

I knew something was up when the cigs tasted like crap and went out if I didn't puff like crazy. I've actually had to buy more lighters now.

Flame retardant chemicals have been known to be bad news health-wise for some time, and I had commented to other smokers about that. But we didn't know the FSCs were treated with ethylene vinyl acetate copolymer emulsion. I learned about it first from this Youtube clip, this is an interesting phone call:

Youtube links verboten? The title should at least be legal:
Call To Marlboro - Phillip Morris- regarding - FSC Cigarettes.

Burned polymers surely cannot be harmless. Now we know why the cigs taste like burned plastic some times. I've been smoking a long time, and these days secondhand smoke smells like burning chemicals to me. The cheaper the brand, the worse it is too.

FSC did not appear on my Winstons until last week, but they were slow burning last summer.

It's going to be hard, but I'm done with the poison. Will have to be cold turkey, I can't do the patches and nic-gums. Might have to have a lot of Jolly ranchers or something.

I've finally became angry enough to quit, no matter what.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
to curb the govts cost of treating long term smokers that have thru the years paid in a butt load of taxes to smoke because their addicted to em -- as the boomers age the cost of caring for the now ailing old smokers will sky rocket --the "cure" is to kill em off via "deadly glue " in the outer wrapper paper --- the glue fumes will harden their lungs over time killing them rapidly , and will cause the tars and other cancer causing items to "stick" to their lungs via the glue fumes -- to insure death by cancer as well -- thus its a very rapid and cost effective way to get rid of the govts "problem" of aging smokers health care cost -- they can say its a "safety issue" that it needs to be in there to stop fires from left alone smokes -- however note they did not do "toxicity" testing like they did for other "additives" because they darn well know it fatal to breath it in long term.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relax. Most of the time, they're just fighting for Corporations "rights" to line our tin cans with *cheap* Cancer-causing agents.

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: great vid Excavator , amazing how people in Penn. are having the same issues as everywhere else an never seen any of these commercials warning folks . is there a class action lawsuit started yet ? they are going to really see how great an idea this is when everyone see's those tax dollars start dropping from all those that will stop smoking or have allready from this .

swampgal

May 3, 2008
G, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
Quitting! Have Drs. Appointment tomarrow for issues. I set up last night reading everything I could find on this. I did not know about the FSC cigerettes until yesterday. Sure explaines alot of my problems for the last few months.

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we are all going threw these symtoms for the last few months , I to plan to stop cold turkey on March 18th , my Birthday , plus I think the more I tell myself the 18th is the day the easier it might be for myself .

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I quit today, so far, I really want one though. I'm hoping the headache I've had for two weeks, goes away. I'm already making plans for the $33/carton I'm going to save.

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stick with it Excavator one day at a time Brother dont let them bastards get us .

Tank :icon_thumleft:

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Just got a call from a friend with emphysema, another friend with emphysema died today. Doc already said I was pre-emphysemic.

I've noticed, when I was a lot younger, obituaries were mostly for people aged 69-99. Now it seems like there's a lot more in their 40s and 50s than before.

Thanks for the support Tank. Are you quitting, already quit? Good luck to you too.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I quit in 2007 -- copd made it easy -- it was quit or die --easy choice at that level --sadly a lot of damage was already done from 35 years of smoling and most likely it will be the death of me over some time.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would this be the same in snuff, chewing tobacco?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
since the chewing tibbacco isn't burnt like a cigarette theres no need for the carpet glue type additive , but I sure theres "other stuff" that they put in it besides "pure" tobbaco and flavoring addatives :wink:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cigarette smoke already contains over 4,000 different chemicals. At least 50 are known carcinogens (cause cancer in humans) and many are poisonous.

Among the chemicals in tabacco smore are...

Benzene (petrol additive)
A colourless cyclic hydrocarbon obtained from coal and petroleum, used as a solvent in fuel and in chemical manufacture - and contained in cigarette smoke. It is a known carcinogen and is associated with leukaemia.

Formaldehyde (embalming fluid)
A colourless liquid, highly poisonous, used to preserve dead bodies - also found in cigarette smoke. Known to cause cancer, respiratory, skin and gastrointestinal problems.

Ammonia (toilet cleaner)
Used as a flavouring, frees nicotine from tobacco turning it into a gas, found in dry cleaning fluids.

Acetone (nail polish remover)
Fragrant volatile liquid ketone, used as a solvent, for example, nail polish remover - found in cigarette smoke.

Tar
Particulate matter drawn into lungs when you inhale on a lighted cigarette. Once inhaled, smoke condenses and about 70 per cent of the tar in the smoke is deposited in the smoker's lungs.

Nicotine (insecticide/addictive drug)
One of the most addictive substances known to man, a powerful and fast-acting medical and non-medical poison. This is the chemical which causes addiction.

Carbon Monoxide (CO) (car exhaust fumes)
An odourless, tasteless and poisonous gas, rapidly fatal in large amounts - it's the same gas that comes out of car exhausts and is the main gas in cigarette smoke, formed when the cigarette is lit. Others you may recognize are :

Arsenic (rat poison), Hydrogen Cyanide (gas chamber poison)

I stopped smoking cigarettes on my step father's death bed when he died of emphysema at the age of 49, I was 18...

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
I sense that the mesothelioma lawsuits for these FSC's are already being prepped for filing....

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
poorhunter78 said:
would this be the same in snuff, chewing tobacco?
Ben ,
I think they are treating all tobacco . You have seen me coughing and gagging for breath and it is getting worse .
Dipping will just take longer . You are still absorbing the same chemicals .
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions