Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New law allows visitors to
bear arms in national parks,
including Steamtown

SCRANTON - In "High Noon," a man steps off the midday train in an Old West town and straps on his gun.

In Scranton, he can now roam the antique rail yard.

As of Monday, a federal law allows visitors to national parks, including Steamtown National Historic Site, to carry loaded shotguns, rifles and handguns as long as they comply with local and state laws.

http://republicanherald.com/news/ne...n-national-parks-including-steamtown-1.636011

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK; what's the catch on this, another brain teaser? This seems to make no sense at all, which I guess that is the way our government seems to work. Why would you carry a pistol, rifle, or shotgun to a national park where it cannot be discharged? Perhaps it is about those rouge gangs of trees, shrubs, and bushes that have been molesting visitors, I'm not really sure :dontknow: I hope they have gun racks outside the offices so people cab check in their firearms before entering the buildings too.

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
spartacus53 said:
OK; what's the catch on this, another brain teaser? This seems to make no sense at all, which I guess that is the way our government seems to work. Why would you carry a pistol, rifle, or shotgun to a national park where it cannot be discharged? Perhaps it is about those rouge gangs of trees, shrubs, and bushes that have been molesting visitors, I'm not really sure :dontknow: I hope they have gun racks outside the offices so people cab check in their firearms before entering the buildings too.

There are things in some parks that Can, Have and Will Eat You!

We need a defence strategy! ;D

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homefires, don't get me wrong, I do understand some of the dangers out there, I am only talking in generalities. I am just saying that some of these people may just hunt and use an attack by an animal as an excuse for self defense. I can't see what is wrong in allowing MD's into the parks so long as the ground is not ruined. Besides, my metal detector may come in use, especially if a bear approaches and has fillings.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Why would you carry a pistol, rifle, or shotgun to a national park where it cannot be discharged?"

Self defense, more so for the two legged animal than the four legged.

The 94 year old law should have never been passed, reversing it is the Constitutional thing to do.

While I am happy to see this law reversed I don't think it is right to add something like this to a credit card law. BUT, it has been public knowledge for at least nine months now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread