Well, We Did The Deed

S

stefen

So how did you spend your weekend?

Thursday morning after breakfast on the road, Cristina and I began the drive to our mountain home in Idyllwild (above Palm Springs) with the intent to having a short 4 day mini-vacation...maybe cook a prime rib roast...

This is where we could look out the window at the fresh fallen snow, sit by a toasty fireplace, drink some hot coffee and read...and then about halfway to the 'I-15 ~ I-215 Interchange, we decided to change directions and drive due east for another couple of hours to Las Vegas....best laid plans and all that rot...

Got there about 4 in the afternoon and ended up staying at the Luxor...great room with a view of the strip...

Gambled a little, ate a lot...at an endless all-you-can-eat-all-day-buffet, saw several shows, and had a couple drinks....

Somehow we ended up in one of Vegas's numerous 24 hour Chapels (around 800 or so) and did the deed...after 8 years and waiting for her son to reach 18...now turned 20 last week...

It was a real hokey place that had 4 separate chapels (theme rooms) such as Hawaiian, Japanese, Italian and Etruscan...I called them Hokey 1, 2, 3 and Really Hokey No. 4.

We wanted a simple civil ceremony but had to stop the ceremony in the middle when the JP started 'In the Father...Son'......I stopped the ceremony and told her I was Jewish and didn't relish a conversion at this time...took her about 10 minutes to get her act together...so it finished OK.

Had pictures taken in each chapel...and was given a lei of flowers in the Hawaiian room and started laughing...told the photographer this wasn't the first time I had a fake lay...he didn't get the humor...Oh well :laughing7:

By the way, we had to get a marriage license and found that the Courthouse is open 24/7...

What I didn't tell you is that from the time we left home we began one of our many discussions about who to invite, where to have the reception...yada, yada, yada...

We finally said, screw trying to figure out the logistics, lets just do it and have a reception later on...probably at the Hershey Hotel (actually a big Victorian residence in Long Beach)...

So, as they say about the best laid plans...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok we are all dying to know .................Did ELVIS marry you ??????????????? :laughing9:

congrats to you both

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Ahem!! What happened to my tickets :icon_scratch:

Congratulations :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
S

stefen

Tank69 said:
ok we are all dying to know .................Did ELVIS marry you ??????????????? :laughing9:

congrats to you both

Actually Elvis musta been gambling because someone said he crapped out :laughing7:

OP
OP
S

stefen

texastee2007 said:
The three most important folks were there...God...the Mrs. and you. Amen...well done.

Ground Rule No. 1 Hardboiled egg consumption is now limited past noon time
Ground Rule No. 2 See Ground Rule No. 1 :laughing7:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the way to do it - just the absolutely MOST important people there. Roy & I did it that way.

I wish you both a good life together.

Beth

Attachments

• congrats.gif
    congrats.gif
    68.4 KB · Views: 219
OP
OP
S

stefen

packerbacker said:
Congrats there ol' boy! I guess you didn't need a best man so I'll return the tux.

Hold onto the tux...may need to use you as a pall bearer...

The ole girl didn't like a joke I told her about an Argentine...
As soon as I said the word I knew I was in deep-you-know-what :laughing7:

OP
OP
S

stefen

Also learned some rather hard 'Life's' lessons along the way. :coffee2:

OP
OP
S

stefen

Laughingly, that may be the norm, however, there is protection in-place...

Been through the 'what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine' senario, which isn't much fun, but readily solveable...

Having spent about 5 years in a protracted battle, my ex and her attorney tried that philosophical 'screw-the-spouse' approach in a Settlement Meeting...

And my attorney, Mr. Bobblehead, was in partial agreement and ready to close the matter (dipshlt...it wasn't his money and property so why should he care)...

So I fired Mr. Bobblehead in the Settlement Meeting and asked him to leave... looked at the opposing council and asked if he wanted to continue down that stupid pathway...and settled a half hour later...and actually settled for far less than the 50-50 split that was offered 5 years earlier...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread