Weird find of the day, ladies?

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Having passed my scrounging ways onto my children, I do get a few odd-balls from them on occasion. Tonight my oldest dropped this into my lap. Appears to be the remnants of a defunct craft store.

There are literally thousands of beads 'n such here, the majority bagged. Ladies of TNET, is there a market for such things? Appreciate any input on this one. :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_4810.JPG
    IMG_4810.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_4811.JPG
    IMG_4811.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_4812.JPG
    IMG_4812.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_4813.JPG
    IMG_4813.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 278

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
mind you I don't do crafts involving beads but considering the amount of beads there and being so nicely packaged like that I would say you could find buyers for them. check with those around you to see if they know anyone that uses beads. Put an ad on Craigslist for them. Just some ideas for you.

swampgal

May 3, 2008
G, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
Yes there is especially in areas where walmarts has run the sewing and craft stores out of business. Then closed out their own craft and sewing departments. Such as where I live. Nearest craft store is 35 miles as is the nearest fabric store for sewing materials threads etc. Denton- Dallas.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I think you raided my aunt's house! Seriously, those things breed and multiply if left in boxes in the dark too long. If you decide the market isn't lucrative enough, you might consider donating the booty to a group of girl scouts, or elementry school or church group. Around here art programs have been cut from elementery schools, and it's been my experience the teachers gladly welcome arts'ncraft supplies to put the little hands to creating.
(I try to keep my bead collection down to just one shoebox. Moderation in all things :wink:)

F

Felinepeachy

Ebay them! Someone will snatch them up. Or you could donate them to the local elementary school for kids to do art projects.

OP
OP
Blacksheep

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Probably the best idea would be to donate them. Wife comes first at the moment however, she slipped in the snow yesterday morning and broke her ankle, today she gets it pinned/screwed and plated back together.

Felt bad for her, they couldn't get to the surgery before this morning and she had a rough night, morphine helped a bit. Thankful for that. :coffee2:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
Ebay them! Someone will snatch them up. Or you could donate them to the local elementary school for kids to do art projects.

Good idea :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about your wife...thoughts & prayers for a speedy recovery.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
Blacksheep

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Thank you ladies, I'll pass the sentiment along to her. I know she'll appreciate it. Seven screws, one long pin and one steel plate. Her xray looks like an erector set project. :wink:

Bring her home tomorrow sometime, hope my cooking is up to her standards. :read2:

swampgal

May 3, 2008
G, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
Sorry to hear bout your wife. And don't worry bout your cooking she will love what ever you fix for her. our prayers are with ya'll

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear she is doing better, she will appreciate all you do, cooking, washing dishes, clothes, house work, serving her breakfast, lunch and supper, the whole nine yards. Bet she writing her "Honey do" for you right now. When you get bored from all that hard work, run the metal detector over her ankle. :laughing9:

:wink: RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread