Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Excavator said:
When I clean those electronic EGR valves, I submerge the unit up to the level of the mount flange using carb cleaner (keeps the cleaner out of the electronics). Soak, then I use a brass brush, rinse/soak as needed.

Of course then you have to dig the carbon out of the intake passages. A coat hanger and Shop-Vac are handy tools for that.

An anecdote for my previous post:

Last weekend, my son bought a pickup which needed both head gaskets. Doing some final adjustments after assembly, it started a horrible knocking. He was condemning the truck as having tossed a rod bearing, while I suspected the torque converter bolts. It just didn't sound like the rods I've heard in a V8.

He quickly put the tools away and we washed our hands, he was deciding to sell it for less than the purchase price. Before leaving, I took one final dive under the truck. The one torque converter bolt I could reach, was loose. Turns out, all three were loose! Problem solved in three minutes.
Thanks Excavator. I had a truck where the torque convertor bolts had somehow loosened. It made a horrible sound.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
the actual repair at this time will be more than the value of the car.

Old thread. I just want to say to the person that said this: Over 5 years later, my truck is still up and running well at 235.000 miles and I even use it to pull my camper. :hello:

Aug 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old thread. I just want to say to the person that said this: Over 5 years later, my truck is still up and running well at 235.000 miles and I even use it to pull my camper. :hello:

Hey BIGCH!!

Man, just found this thread and thank you so much for it. I have a 1999 Isuzu rodeo 2.2l and have two error codes - P0342 and P1627. I've had it for years but since I moved to Colorado, they changed the emission requirements , Check engine light is a fail! Yes, my gas gauge doesn't work. So I ordered a fuel sending unit. $16 bucks ebay and a CMP sensor for 9 bucks from Ebay. I don't have any of your power problems (75 MPH STRONG) so hopefully this will fix it. I love my Isuzu Rodeo. 154K!!! Cheers!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread