Isuzu Mechanic Needed- new problems - Page 9
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    us
    #BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    2842 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Re: Isuzu Mechanic Needed- new problems

Quote Originally Posted by Excavator
    When I clean those electronic EGR valves, I submerge the unit up to the level of the mount flange using carb cleaner (keeps the cleaner out of the electronics). Soak, then I use a brass brush, rinse/soak as needed.

Of course then you have to dig the carbon out of the intake passages. A coat hanger and Shop-Vac are handy tools for that.

An anecdote for my previous post:

Last weekend, my son bought a pickup which needed both head gaskets. Doing some final adjustments after assembly, it started a horrible knocking. He was condemning the truck as having tossed a rod bearing, while I suspected the torque converter bolts. It just didn't sound like the rods I've heard in a V8.

He quickly put the tools away and we washed our hands, he was deciding to sell it for less than the purchase price. Before leaving, I took one final dive under the truck. The one torque converter bolt I could reach, was loose. Turns out, all three were loose! Problem solved in three minutes.
    Thanks Excavator. I had a truck where the torque convertor bolts had somehow loosened. It made a horrible sound.

us
    #BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    2842 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    the actual repair at this time will be more than the value of the car.
    Old thread. I just want to say to the person that said this: Over 5 years later, my truck is still up and running well at 235.000 miles and I even use it to pull my camper.

Aug 2015
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcypresshunter View Post
    Old thread. I just want to say to the person that said this: Over 5 years later, my truck is still up and running well at 235.000 miles and I even use it to pull my camper.
    Hey BIGCH!!

Man, just found this thread and thank you so much for it. I have a 1999 Isuzu rodeo 2.2l and have two error codes - P0342 and P1627. I've had it for years but since I moved to Colorado, they changed the emission requirements , Check engine light is a fail! Yes, my gas gauge doesn't work. So I ordered a fuel sending unit. $16 bucks ebay and a CMP sensor for 9 bucks from Ebay. I don't have any of your power problems (75 MPH STRONG) so hopefully this will fix it. I love my Isuzu Rodeo. 154K!!! Cheers!!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links