Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Tips to handle telemarketers & junk mail

spartacus53 said:
plehbah said:
Returning junk mail in the pre-paid return envelopes in genius.

You are a dangerous person to evil men!
Hilarious and Genius

Thank you. I am down to two companies that still like to send me mail, so I guess now I will overfill the envelopes and put my name on it. ;D Maybe then they will get my message. :laughing9: I can write a book on things to do that will rattle anyone's cage, I just have to get a publisher now :icon_thumleft:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
pygmy said:
Also what are your feelings about certain mail items such as known felons, missing children and paedophiles in your area.

I say, put them on milk cartons where they belong :laughing9: Another other questions :dontknow:
what is a witchetty grub??????? :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :help:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

4-H said:
What if your phone is using minutes? :dontknow: :D

Sorry I didn't reply to you earlier, but this is how you can handle those calls. You can go several ways, but these are my favorite 2.

If it is a woman caller, in a deep and eerie voice just ask, "what are you wearing"? Don't forget to breathe heavily into the phone too ;D

If it is a man, I sometimes use an effeminate voice and start asking him really personal and unnerving questions. You can also go creepy and tell him that you are sitting in your underwear and was waiting for his call. ;D

Most will get off the phone pretty quickly :laughing9:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I really like yer thinkin sparty.......... ;D
Now I'm gonna be stalkin the phone waitin for a call.
I sometimes answer the phone " Ben's stud service " or " Ben's poolhall " Oh sorry I must have the wrong number. Then I scream at the phone YES YOU DO NOW QUIT CALLING ME.......... ;D

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well guess we need to get a XXXXXXXXL rat trap and some witchetty grubs to bait it so we can catch some trolls. ;D

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well Pygmy had the right idea, save that paper and get $80 a ton, yeah right :laughing9: A ton of compressed paper is like holding on to a compact car and just think of all that work for $80 :D I'd be better off holding on to my paper route :headbang:

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
4-H said:
What if your phone is using minutes? :dontknow: :D

Sorry I didn't reply to you earlier, but this is how you can handle those calls. You can go several ways, but these are my favorite 2.

If it is a woman caller, in a deep and eerie voice just ask, "what are you wearing"? Don't forget to breathe heavily into the phone too ;D
If it is a man, I sometimes use an effeminate voice and start asking him really personal and unnerving questions. You can also go creepy and tell him that you are sitting in your underwear and was waiting for his call. ;D

Most will get off the phone pretty quickly :laughing9:
Spartacus--you are the man when it comes to dealing with this kinda stuff! This is my favorite tip, though, the whole "effeminate voice" thing had me rolling! :laughing9: And thanks for the tip on sending the junk mail back---I'm going to start doing that!
sandcreek~~

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Spartacus--you are the man when it comes to dealing with this kinda stuff! This is my favorite tip, though, the whole "effeminate voice" thing had me rolling! :laughing9: And thanks for the tip on sending the junk mail back---I'm going to start doing that!
sandcreek~~
[/quote]

The funny thing is all of my ideas actually work, I always like to switch up and keep them guessing. Too bad I no longer get the calls, I always had fun with them. Like my friends say "You surely march to the beat of a different drummer". Now if I only put this much effort into finding a job :laughing9:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You could start saving paper to get $80 a ton, but you'd have to live on ramen noodles with that salary. ;D Wonder how much a ton of Witchetty Grubs are worth? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

poorhunter78 said:
You could start saving paper to get $80 a ton, but you'd have to live on ramen noodles with that salary. ;D Wonder how much a ton of Witchetty Grubs are worth? :icon_scratch:

I am not really sure, I think Witchetty Grubs are some sort of delicacy there :dontknow: May be worth at least a buck

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well since sellin paper and witchetty grubs wont be in the job description. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread