spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This job in NYC was so ever good to me, helping me grow in ways I couldn't imagine. None of them good of course.

The good old documentation department was a source for many a good idea when it came to practical jokes. The final preparation for the B/L's was to attach the invoice itself. A very simple job as you would collect the invoices off a large printer and attach them to the B/L's.

Now these invoices to me were a thing of beauty. Each invoice had 5 pages, white, yellow, blue, pink and green. We would only keep one copy to go with the manifest, the rest went to the customer. Anyway, you would pull the bills off the printer when it hit about 3-4 feet. All the invoices had perforations to hold them to the printer. To separate the invoices, they had 1/2 pull tabs on each side. You would just removed this excess portion and those it away. Well being who I am, I found another use for these long, streaming strips of perforated paper. I would grab maybe 3 strips of this paper, each having what you can say is 5 pages, say anywhere from 2-3 long. Now you would hook them on to a paperclip and when someone passed by, run the open clip into the rear belt loop. Voila, they now had a tail.

When I got tired of doing this in the office, I then started to apply them to messengers and watch them walk up Broadway. We would all run to the windows and watch them and just look at other peoples faces as they passed them by. Priceless.. Walking up the block with a tail of 15 strips blowing in the wind is a funny sight.

I wonder how I got any work done at times :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread