want to buy printer-scanner - which one lexmark? or?

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
I've always bought Hewett Packard printers the one I have right now I have had for 8 years only thing I have done is change ink

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always go to Wallmart & Buy
their Lowest priced Lexmark
Multi task Printer/Scanner/Fax setup.
Should be down to $30.00 for one now

Latest I Got only needs one Ink Cartridge
at a cost of $24.00 a Pop

3 years old and still working

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Take a good look at the new ones from Kodak, they sell for about $89.00 at Wally World but the ink cartridges are a lot cheaper than any other brand. I think it's $10.00 for black and $15.00 for color and they are nice sized ink cartridges.
That's the one I'll buy when/if I need another one.

Dave

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to Walmart and buy the Lexmark printer that has the imaging studio...not sure of the model number, but I paid around $60 for it. The imaging studio alone is worth the price and the printing, scan, and fax capabilities are extras. It's easy to use and you can take good pics and make them great, particularly with a digital camera. My camera can do everything the Lexmark does, but with the Lexmark I can just take the basic pic and adjust it in the imaging studio, if I don't want to make a lot of camera setting changes in the field. Which is nice if you're just wandering around taking pics. I don't print a lot out, but the quality is good. The photo print quality is good, too. I haven't faxed anybody, but I suppose that works. The scans are very true to the original photo, also.

OP
OP
goldie1959

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
thanks everyone. money is an issue right now and we did need one with fax. by the way what are those pen scanners ? goldie

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Hey,I always used Lexmark for 15yrs but a few yrs ago I went with HP and love it.It is a few yrs older now so I've starting to look and I too like that new Kodak.Google it and read all the specs.

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Pen scanners are pretty much just that.....a scanner the size of a pen. They may be great for someone scanning written text into a document but I don't know how they would work for scanning a full document. Looks like they are more like a specialty type tool.
If money is a concern I would definitely get the Kodak if you are planning on doing much printing.
I remember my son giving away a Lexmark printer one time because he could buy a new printer with a cartridge installed for less money than a replacement ink cartridge!!

DK

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DKinPA said:
I remember my son giving away a Lexmark printer one time because he could buy a new printer with a cartridge installed for less money than a replacement ink cartridge!!

DK

This has always Been My Motivation to Buy a Scanner
instead of ink when it ran out

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Check out the cost of ink replacement cartridges FIRST! Then go with a brand that you could afford the cost of ink for.

I have a Brother MFC42Cn. I have had it for about 7 years (i think) and still purrs like new. I have never had any trouble with it
BUT, the ink cartridges are a little costly (the color is cheaper than black). When I have to replace this one, it's gonna be
with one that uses cheap ink lol

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You also might want to get replacement cartridges online. I just bought three full sets of cartridges online for under seventy dollars. I have a Brother MFC665CW and have been using the replacements for a couple of years.

I think I got mine at inkjetsuperstore or something similar (I am not affiliated with them). Good luck! Original replacement Brother cartridges cost me $87 retail (my last retail set).

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother had bought a printer several yrs ago, When the ink went dry he went in search of more and ended up buying a new printer cause the ink cost more than the printer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions