spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not even close to finishing with 1 Broadway.

The next little ditty is about Al B. (I can use his name since he has unfortunately passed away a long time ago) Now to give you some background on Al. Al was a cantankerous old sort and lived a crazy life for sure. He was always telling stories from his bookie years and they were interesting as all hell. Al also seemed to have trouble holding a job, any job. He said he was once a messenger and had to stack a bunch of boxes of paperwork and deliver it across the street to another office on a hand truck. While crossing the street the boxes fell over and papers were flying everywhere. Al being who he is just left the papers and tossed the hand truck onto the sidewalk and went home. Now that's a man.

As I mentioned, Al had difficulties with any job given. Maybe it was his age, I have no clue :dontknow: Since we were in a union and I was a shop steward, many times I would have to try and defend him from getting written up. At this time there was some remodeling going on in the office, as they were going to close off the managers room and they left a ladder right up against the managers office. At the time the managers office was almost like a cubicle and there was a space of open area about a 2 feet to the drop ceiling.

The manager was holding a meeting with 4 of the supervisors of the department, but prior to that Al had a run in with one on the supervisors. My desk was about 9 yards away facing the managers office. I called over to Al and told him that they were talking about him. I told him to climb the ladder and listen in. Al was pretty pissed and did as I instructed climbed to the top and stuck his head in. The manager turn and looked up to see good ol' Al looking down at him. The manager rushed out of the office and asked Al what he was doing. Al just started to point to the ceiling saying that he thought he saw some loose tiles and wanted to make sure they didn't fall.

You have to love it when people take your word as Gospel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions