spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This actually took place just before our evening Christmas Party. The year before our office was able to hold the party at a nice restaurant, but this year due to budget constraints we had to have the party catered in our office. I had no problem with that as we found a really good place with a large variety of foods. Seeing that I lived in the area, I was able to introduce my manager to a good place.

Anyway, our party was to start at 8pm, so people could go home and change and return with their date. Unfortunately Terry also had her office party the same night and was at least 15 minutes away. Well apparently she left her party on time, but was holding someones wallet and she told me to pick her up so she could return it. So I grabbed my coat and started to leave. My manager asked where I was going. I told him I had to bail out my girlfriend because she got picked up for solicitation. My boss knowing me, knew full well this must have been a joke. No, I assure you I wish it were a joke. I proceeded to tell him that she was at her company party and drank too much, and when she drinks she gets a little wild and crazy. I told him she left the bar and tried to make a little extra money. I've never really seen my manager with such a blank expression.

Well I went to pick up Terry and return the wallet and during the ride I told her what I said in the office and I hoped that she would play along with it. Terry is a trooper and fell right inline with the joke. When we entered the office I pretended to hold her from not falling over. She put on a good show, as everyone now thought what I said was true. We just kept up the act for 5 minutes and then told them it wasn't true.

Terry and I no longer date, but to this day, still the very best of friends!!! It is going on 14 years now. She is one of the only women that could tolerate my behavior.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread