Lets here about your Butt Whoooopppppin.......

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
Re: Lets here abour your Butt Whoooopppppin.......

Its hard for a child to be a good parent, if they were never raised by a good parent. I know that I just jumbled a bunch of great quotes.

Child rearing is a WAR, not a battle. Just when you think your going to win check for a flanking attack. My three year baby girl looks like an angel. She is mean as a stripped snake!!!!! She will not say sorry if she thinks she is right. My seven year old boy keeps me at conferences. He is not in trouble, I do not understand why he has to show the work for simple addition when he can do his times tables? (As you can tell by reading this English was not my best subject in school) That's my fault. I think math is the universal language. Doctors have to use it and so to ditch diggers. The school does not teach it right so I have to teach him.

I am bragging!!!! My children keep me sober, working and happy. I have to give my kids a open hand swat on the butt sometimes. I will not allow someone to beat a child with a belt or switch around me. I am sorry if this offends anyone, It hits close to home. I welcome back stories of projects that people are doing with there rug rats.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I hate to brag but my two kids are some of the best behaved you will find anywhere bar none! :wink: I have complete strangers tell me so. I agree with Monty and many of the others here. You have to be willing to spank kids if they get out of line. But more importantly you have to be fair and show them respect if you expect to get it back.

I have only spanked my daughter (who is now 11) twice in her life. I'll never forget the very first time. I was trying to get her dressed for bed and she kept fooling around. I gave her the obligatory two warnings and she just stood there smiling and glaring at me as if to say "go ahead, let's see if you'll do it". So I did. Her eyes were as big as saucers. She plopped right down and shaped up right away. Keep in mind that she was wearing a diaper and I barely tapped her. But she then knew that if she had her two warnings and didn't shape up that she was going to get it. I only had to do it one other time in her life and she deserved that too. My son has been spanked about five times in his life and they were all very similar circumstances.

At this point I don't even have to spank them. I have a certain tone in my voice that tells them I mean business and they'd better straighten up. Once you set the precedent and follow through they quickly learn the boundaries. It's common sense really. At this point they are old enough to where I probably wouldn't spank them anyway. And luckily I never have to. I raise my voice about once every three months with them nowdays. They get the hint and shape up without the need for spankings, time outs, and any of that other nonsense.

There is some crazy politician out in California that is trying to outlaw spanking for kids under a certain age. This woman just doesn't get it. It is fine to spank (not beat) young kids. When kids get older spanking only makes them despise you. Neither of my kids actually remembers being spanked because they were so young when it last happened. But in the back of their heads they still understand the boundaries. So this crazy politician has it completely backwards. Spank young kids but not older ones. That's what I say. If you do your job when they are young you won't have to spank them when they are older.

Finally, my kids don't hate or fear me. I tell them every day how much I love them and I always show them respect. They do the same for me. I play with them all the time and we spend a lot of time together. When we go out to restaurants or on vacations and they see other kids acting up it makes them uncomfortable. So they can appreciate the benefits of behaving themselves. They understand the idea of respecting others and respecting yourself. And they understand that their parents love them and want them to become well adjusted. They also understand that making mistakes is part of living and that we don't expect them to be perfect.

Now my sister in law is a completely different story. She doesn't believe in spanking. Her little brats are both less than five years old and they are a disaster. They hit her, call her names, and purposely break things in other people's houses. They learn it from the way her and her deadbeat husband treat each other. Thank God they live out of town and we only have to endure them once or twice a year. ::) But after they leave my poor inlaws have to spend a week cleaning up and fixing all of the broken stuff in their house. After that they spend another week just trying to relieve all of the stress that family causes them. But what can you do?

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

Yep, Mts is absolutely correct! We (unfortunately?) were not able to have children (would be brats) been married for 31 1/2 years and still trying :laughing9:. You see, my wife was never ever spanked nor punished, that was left up to me, after we got married. I only had to spank her once and she did not enjoy it (open hand on the buttocks) :laughing7:. She learned the boundaries quickly, and has still remembered them :icon_thumright:..........NGE

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

nowgittineverything said:
Yep, Mts is absolutely correct! We (unfortunately?) were not able to have children (would be brats) been married for 31 1/2 years and still trying :laughing9:. You see, my wife was never ever spanked nor punished, that was left up to me, after we got married. I only had to spank her once and she did not enjoy it (open hand on the buttocks) :laughing7:. She learned the boundaries quickly, and has still remembered them :icon_thumright:..........NGE

Sounds like you got one of the "good ones". Are you gonna hang on to her fer a while? :D

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

I have to, her dad is gone and her mom doesn't want her back :tongue3:. Our marriage is the first for both of us. We ARE blessed and we know it, we are both born again Christians. I have never been able to get her to enjoy diggin' in the dirt either, But she will quickly let me know which item of jewelry she wants that I find :laughing9:..........NGE

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i got in trouble for fighting with my sister, my dad told me you have your choice, a beating with his big black belt then you can go back out to play or your grounded for the rest of the day. i chose the beating with the belt, after the beating he still grounded me.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

When we started having kids, it became impossible for wife to work.
Cost of daycare would take all her wages.
So she stayed home and took in kids as a business.
Some kids had only 1 parent, most had 2 but all had very little family life by their real parents.
We were in their awake time far more.
I would come home from work around 3 P.M. and 10 kids would meet me at the door yelling "Daddy, Daddy!" in excitement. Sometimes I felt like closing the door and saying oops, wrong house, but they were mostly great.
(A couple times I came home and a kid would yell "Daddy's Home!" and the real father was there, kinda shook him up).
My kids learned to speak Farsi and Korean with a southern drawl. LOL
Yes I did spank MY 3 sons when they needed it but only in private.
We could not do that to daycare kids but they learned other ways.

#1 thing I think is that you say what you mean and mean what you say.
"Stop doing that" or "No" is a start only.
I have seen parents say "stop that" 10 or 12 times.
Kids are trying to learn. Push the boundaries. See how far the can get.
#2 Next is a decision statement based on what is happening.
"If you keep chewing with your mouth open you will not get desert".
"If you don't play fair you will not play".
If you hit another child you will be sent to the corner".
#3 Is DO IT!
When a child hears "If you do that again you will be punished"
and does it again to see if that statement is real but it is not,
why would they believe any other type of statement?

Grey

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

me an my step brother where probably 12-13 , mom had just dragged us threw stores all day getting us new clothes for school which was starting back up in another week or two . Me an my brother are at home an in brand new school clothes the tags had just been taken off , in new sneakers even , my brother yells at me a friend of ours down the street is out front with this old ragged step threw trail 90 motor cycle .....my mom yell;s you 2 better get changed before you go out ......ya ya what ever out the door we go ...well long story short here we are outside on the road with this bike which has no clutch so you have to start it up hang on stomp it into gear an hang an off you go .....oh did I mention it only had a front brake no rear ....anyways my brother takes off on this thing rippin up an down the road , he comes back goes to stop forgets to take it outta gear grabs the front brake bike still trying to go plows into me an our buddy knocking us down into the ditch along side the road which is full of stagnant summer pond water , my brother goes threw the ditch off the bike an off along the ditch .......lmfao oh memories ......here I am rippied up shirt everything wet an muddy , my brother ripped the leg of his jeans an he is bloody an muddy an a` mess.

needless to say we both got the beatings of our lives , grounded almost a month an any kinda chore she could come up with ........30+ years latter mom still loves to tell that story .

wasn't child hood a blast ;D :icon_thumleft:

HH Tank

PS.....lol I wont even mention the time we got our butts filled with rock salt from swipin shine off the old man up the roads still or the time we buried my grand fathers bulldozer out in the swamp .

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

Tank69 said:
........30+ years later mom still loves to tell that story .

wasn't child hood a blast ;D :icon_thumleft:

Sounds like you were a handful too Tank. My Dad loved tellin stories about all the stupid crap I pulled as a kid too, especialy to new girlfriends. And I pulled many "bonehead" moves throughout my childhood! He loved to embarass me..........guess I'd do the same! :D

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC

Would you raise a puppy to a year old then try to train it >? No, you have to start training from when they are young and be consistant, then they will behave when older.

Mtns, said it good. Congrats.

I had several well deserved trips to the wood shed growing up, and deserved more than I got too! "If you can't get it through that thick head, let's try the other end." LOL

I learned.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

NaturalJWL said:
Would you raise a puppy to a year old then try to train it >? No, you have to start training from when they are young and be consistant, then they will behave when older.

But if you whip a pup from the time he's a pup and don't let up eventually he will take you or try to.
I have two dogs that were brought up that way by other folks one of them as a last resort gave his owner 270 stitches to remember her by.

The same thing is what made my dad stop and think.
A pile of broken ribs a minor concussion and the object of his anger nowhere in sight, after he woke up.
His lesson was yes the kids like the dogs will bite when pushed too far.
And sometimes they get meaner than you can be out of necessity.

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC

Old Dog, I didn't mean whip a dog, that would only make one mean. Tone of voice for most pups is plenty, once they understand, repremand and reward work wonders.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Pups , colts , and kids need to be guided into acceptable behavior by the means appropriate for the situation , short of abuse .
You can't teach a cat a damned thing .

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa

2x4 from the rafters with me holding myself up against the washing machine.... I dont think I ever lied again...my arse was so black and blue that it wasnt blue just black...Abuse I guess, but it got the point across :-\

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My butt is responsible for 'some' broken coathangers;
wooden spoons were better made, apparently. They didn't bust that often.
Belts and Brooms , I have been handed handily.
Thank (My) God, I have managed to manage my 2 sons, without too much damage.

Mike ;D

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

NaturalJWL said:
Old Dog, I didn't mean whip a dog, that would only make one mean. Tone of voice for most pups is plenty, once they understand, repremand and reward work wonders.

We collectively have reached this conclusion.
I raised my children without the aid of a spouse.
I don't remember whooping my son more than three times in his life, he and my daughter were the smart ones.
We learned together. I always found a way to work out a problem that kept anger out of the equation.
They pulled a lot of cockleburs ...(the most hated punishment)
And if the situation required a heavier penalty the hay stack got moved a few yards, to one side or the other.
I was determined to not be my Dad, So We talked a lot. Most of the time they would name their own punnishment, and it was far worse than anything I would have given.

My kids worked and played hard, They claimed to be deprived. LOL (I didn't buy a TV until the youngest needed one for school) But I had all their friends at our place thinking it was the coolest place to be. Mostly because I allowed them all to be the children they were. I fed them well, they fished, camped, hiked, rode horses and for the most part learned life's lessons the way children should.

I am pleased to say they are well rounded professionals with a work ethic few can equal.
They are also raising their children in the fashion they grew up.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

battlecat said:
Oh wooden spoons... my mom kept one in here purse... boy was her aim bad

I still believe my mom an grandmother had stock in a wooden spoon company lol I cant even count how many they broke ....tho grandma got smart she would send you out toi the willow tree to pick your on beating switch an god help you if you tried to be funny or got the wrong size one .

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree about the switches, truckinbutch talked earlier in this thread about cherry switches. We had a lot of cherry stumps around our place those cherry limbs grew out by the dozens. You could pick one strip all the leaves in one swipe of the hand. Wow the welts those lil cherry sappling's would leave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread