Lets here about your Butt Whoooopppppin.......

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what's your story. when you were young. "I was just tryin to help"......

When I was about 8 my oldest brother had a racing go-kart he had just bought, He was having problems getting it started. Well he was about to give up when lil me says I'll get it for you Bill, I grabbed the handle, pulled the rope, The thing fired up and took off for about oh 35-40 feet I suspect. Ran right under the back of my dad's car he had just bought. needless to say my brother didn't realize when he was pullin it the switch was off. And OOH BOOYYY did I get lit up for that.
Next day Dad is under the car with a drill and pop rivet gun doing the repairs. I learned not to touch things I wasn't suppose to

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Lets here abour your Butt Whoooopppppin.......

i used to get my ass handed to me all the time .......but i never got hit for no reason . now i got kids i practice punisment instead ......hitting your kids just lets them fear you . i dont want that ......

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I don't think they fear you, as much as they fear getting their butt warmed up

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Butts are made for sitting on and busting. You don't have to beat a kid to bust his butt and get his/her attention. I raised 3 kids and lit their little butts up when it was needed. Talking worked sometimes but more often than not it just teaches them what they can get away with. My daughter-in-law is a time out talking mom. When I'm at her house I have to endure 30 minutes of tongue lashing to my grandson who is an ornery little fart This goes on and on and on even for very minor little acts and I feel more punished than the child. When he's at my house I swat him on the behind and he minds very well and more important stays out of things that he might break or that might harm him. Again, swatting is not beating. I have seen people who beat their kids with a belt or whatever is handy but that is not what I am talking about. Not long ago when I was shopping I saw a woman cursing and slapping a little girl about 3 years old in the face. I called her out on it an her old man showed up and we nearly went to blows but several other men who had seen it came to my aid. That type of behavior will not be tolerated in my presence even if I do get my butt kicked! Monty

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The story behind my WORST a$$whoopin' is one I use when I run into someone who doesn't believe in ever hitting a child. HAHAHA

My grandparents raised me in New Orleans. My grandfather owned a Lincoln Mercury Dealership at the time, so all he ever drove were new Mark iVs, Mark Vs, etc. One night when I was 15, I snuck into his bedroom and took the keys to the car and his money clip. I drove into the French Quarter to the Seven Seas Lounge (the drinking age was 18 at the time and I was six foot plus). I got absolutely SH**Faced . I probably sideswiped every car in the Quarter, and hit a tree and phone pole on the way home.

When I got home, I saw a light on downstairs and got sober real quick. I walked around the side of the house and saw it was my grandmother in the den. NO PROBLEMS in my drunk mind. I snuck in the front door that squeaked too loud. I saw that it was dark upstairs, and made my way to the door between the Living Room and the Den. My gmother looked up and I was about to say something wise (to this day, I don't remember what I was going to say), but before I could say anything, I heard five words from behind me that I will never forget "Door squeaks, don't it son?" A cold chill ran down my spine. HAHAHA

At this point I should mention that my grandfather raised horses. Mainly Tennessee Walkers and Sulky Racers (had some national champions). Sulky racers use a whip that is about an eight foot long fiberglass rod with a leather extension at the end.

Back to the whoopin; the next thing I heard was a high pitched whipwhistle sound and it felt like somebody ran a razor blade across my back. My grandfather chased me around the house with that whip for what seemed like forever. Made me go to school the next day hungover with bloody welts head to toe, front and back. Needless to say, I never did anything like that again.

Best-Mike

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Which time ? I don't smile much to this day because I was so rotten ornery as a kid .
When someone saw me smiling they just naturally assumed that I had done something they hadn't caught me at and started strappin my legs ..........
Usually , they were correct :tongue3:

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

LOL!!! I agree with Monty & Gollum. When I was a kid & did something I knew I wasnt supposed to I got my butt whooped! My Pop made a wooden paddle, drilled holes in it so it kinda whistled as it made its way to my butt cheek. It hung in the hallway & had an area where I had to sign & date it when it was used on me. I whooped the daylights outa my kids too, but ONLY if they did something that they knew they shouldnt. Good advice fer young, dumb parents: whoop your kids when they deserve it but afterwards........and you have to be consistant, take your kid & make them fully understand why they got whooped, hug them & tell them you love them. Kids aint stupid, they get it. My kids turned out to be honest, responsible adults that make their father proud every day despite the fact that they were so horribly abused! (according to these yuppy psychologists) ;D

JoeMoto

Jan 3, 2006
Oklahoma

I got my butt whooped plenty growing up, but only when I did something to deserve it. That's the problem with the younger generation. Timeouts don't correct bad behavior. Picking your own switch sure does!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Right on track , Mighty AP :icon_thumright: Got 4 I'm mighty proud of that got treated that way . They and I deal with their children the same way .
I would add that I never paddled my kids when I was angry . I made sure I had a clear head
before I administered corporal punishment .
Hurt me more than it did them .

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I've been told I'm too strict with my children, I don't know, they don't get spankings anywhere
near as often as I did. and yet when I tell them to do something, they do it.
my wife has a friend who's daughter yells and screams at her and she doesn't care where she's at
when she does it, and the mother just stands there and lets her do it.
If I did anything like that when I was her age, I would have spent the next 10 minutes
trying to figure out why my cheek hurt and why I could clearly see my butt by looking down

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia

My dad beat me growing up. I have not spoke to him in 25 years. His loss not mine. I have four children now, all of which are productive members of society and I rarely if ever had to give them a swat on the backside with my bare hand. Beating on kids and women is the sure sign of a punk to me.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

snake35 said:
My dad beat me growing up. I have not spoke to him in 25 years. His loss not mine. I have four children now, all of which are productive members of society and I rarely if ever had to give them a swat on the backside with my bare hand. Beating on kids and women is the sure sign of a punk to me.
You are absolutely right and there is a definite distinction between correcting improper behavior with a spanking and child abuse(beating).

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

just so we're clear, a beating isn't a form of discipline, that's abuse
a spanking isn't the same as a beating

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

Damn straight! My Pop whooped me when I had it coming & I ALWAYS loved & respected him. I truly believe he shoulda whooped me more than he did! (I was a real trouble maker.......) ;D

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JoeMoto said:
I got my butt whooped plenty growing up, but only when I did something to deserve it. That's the problem with the younger generation. Timeouts don't correct bad behavior. Picking your own switch sure does!

HAHAHA That is another memory that stunted my emotional growth! My maternal grandmother used to make me pick my switch from any tree in her back yard. Problem was they were all Willow and Peach Trees. You learned quick that the littlest one hurt the worst.

Mike

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

we didn't have too many trees that you could get a switch from (all missing) so mom
grabbed one of those orange hot wheel tracks. didn't take very long and all the tracks were gone
but we had a bunch of the little purple connectors :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

There's a cherry tree standing in the yard of the house we lived in when I was a kid . Has no
limbs for the first 9 feet .................. That's as high as my momma could jump to pull a switch .

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, there were ALWAYS alternatives! My Uncle Bill was a Fireman and he had his utility belt and he shaved with a straight razor (which means he had a razor strop). Either one did the trick!

Mike

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

gollum said:
Yeah, there were ALWAYS alternatives! My Uncle Bill was a Fireman and he had his utility belt and he shaved with a straight razor (which means he had a razor strop). Either one did the trick!

Mike
My Dad could strip his belt , give me a whack or two , and have it back in place before
his pants sagged or the welt(s) raised on my butt .

JoeMoto

Jan 3, 2006
Oklahoma

I also remember when the school principal could give you swats for misbehaving at school, and when your parents found out they said you deserved it!

I had a fourth grade teacher who wore bright red lipstick, and if you were a bad boy in her class you got a big red lipstick kiss on the cheek that you had to wear all day.

Abuse I tell ya!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread