MMMM MMMM YUMMY!!

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
MMMM' MMMM' YUMMY!!

Wont be long and these bad boys will be popping again. My cabin fever is getting to me bad. Find myself looking at too many pictures and dreaming of Spring. I love Morel mushrooms. If I get any before the oldest Daughter gets ahold of'em.

SORRY! I know it is a little off track , but I could'nt resist when I saw the picture in my folder.

Twig.

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 378

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: MMMM' MMMM' YUMMY!!

Its almost here. I really hope I do not have any work this year and can just hunt and fish. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio

TNMNTNS,

I am hopeing to find a job up here! Mine folded up and went to Mexico. 16 years on the job and gone in a wink. I guess that is why I am so stirr crazy this winter. Maybe I could become a pro bass fisherman?? Who knows,,,might work out!!

Twig.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 336

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio

Nice springy pics,got the cabin fever also,thought i would be able to get out this weekend but the snow is still lingering.You could always be a pro arrowhead hunter?I have often tried to figure out a way to make a living from hunting headz?It wont be long before we are in the mud,50's this weekend. :headbang:

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007

Is that a king salmon? I have always wanted to get up there to give that a shot. Looks like a blast!

chuck

OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio

ohio said:
Is that a king salmon? I have always wanted to get up there to give that a shot. Looks like a blast!

chuck
Yup , that's what it is. My buddy lives over on the western side of Michigan. So we get to go out a couple times a year. They are a chore to real in. Lotsa times they come in with lamprey eels attached to'em. Here is a pick of some more fish and a close up of the buisness end of a couple lamprey eels.

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 231
OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio

Great pictures Archer!!

Love that morel mushroom shot!! All that early spring green popping up in the background. I have only found a few around the may apples , but have always heard that is a good spot to key on.

Twig.

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266

Nice pictures. Nothing better in the spring than steaks on the grill with fresh morels fried in real butter and wild leaks (wild onions.) :thumbsup:

Wolverine.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Is that Pentwater?????? Ludington?
That King you holding eh? 16 pounds?

We were charter Captains there for many years.
We have seen some real nice "King" Or Chinook salmon caught through the years.. Ye ole J-Plug!
We would head out into lake Mi. in the summer 22 miles and put out the out riggers and drag Rapalas wayyyy back for Big Skamania and Steelhead.....20-26 pound range!
When we were working that lake the D.N.R would pay us 5.00 per head of those lamprey's to get them out of the lake eh?

THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!!!

A Blond Morale eh?

Those are the firs to come in the spring followed by the dark ones.

In Michigan near "Spooky" we would go hunting annually for these shrooms.
They are fantastic cooked in butter and served over venison back straps.

Here's more to read~

http://www.thegreatmorel.com/faq.html#ident

I saw a 1 oz. package of dried morels at Whole Foods the other day for around $25 - that's over $350 per pound. Saw fresh ones there once for $45 per pound.

Before you get dreams of making your living in the spring for a month or two collecting morels, you should check your local farmer's market. They often are selling morels during the springtime, and they go for anywhere from $15 to $25 or more per pound.

You could alternatively find a gourmet restaurant that deals in local foods, wild or cultivated (Charlie Trotter's in Chicago, for example), and see if they would be interested. You could possibly get more per pound, but would need to deliver it to a harder to reach area.

Your right

UMMMMM! ;D

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.

What time of the year should i look for morel mushooms. And would they be in sunny or shaded areas. And which way do I slice them up to fry them. Hope I don't sound too stupid, but they sound really good and I don't know much about them.
Thanks for any information.
Happy trails

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266

You find them in the spring and they are only around for about a 3 week period. I'll tell you one thing there is a mushroom called a false morel and they are poisonous so be carefull. Do some research or go with someone that has knowledge of them. They are easy to tell apart if you know what your looking for. Hope you find some this year. If you look on the net they probally have a site that will give you a time frame for when to start looking for them. Good luck.

Wolverine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions