OH-NO, FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, just wanted to say that the shop I have worked at for the last 20 years, Wendell August Forge in Grove City, Pa
caught fire today and burned to the ground.
There were only 4 guys working in the shop and several girls were in the showroom today,
everyone got out safely.
It started in the paint sprayroom, an exhaust fan caught fire and resulted in a fireball, the guy that was in there got his
hair singed real good but he did not get burned.
I was at my Dads talking MDing when I heard about it, I got there about 3 hrs after it started, the fire companys were
still putting out hot spots
It made me sick to my stomach seeing it gone.
I talked to the owner and he said that we will rebuild.
Just my luck, I now have some time to MD and there is still a foot of snow out there.
I will try and post some pix tomorrow.
Greg

swampgal

May 3, 2008
G, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
Greg: I am sorry to hear about your workplace. But am glad no one was injured..

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep it can happen fast! When I was 21 I got home after a night of drinking to see my apartment buiding had been torched so had to find a place to stay, and new place to live, starting right then... Sunday at 4:30 am. :icon_scratch: It's not exactly a great situation when you know very few people in the city and have no family, but I figured it out. I almost tripped over the fire house on the street and it was what made me look up. :laughing9: Surprise. :tongue3:

At least no one was hurt in your fire. Next is insurance, and I assume the owner had it, so diaster averted.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!! Sorry to hear! Hope they re-build soon. Prayers to ya! :)

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I'm devastated to hear that a premier icon of the blacksmithing craft has been destroyed :'(
What was built with fire and iron can be rebuilt with fire and iron .
The loss of history is irreplacable .
Jim (Member WV Blacksmithing Association)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread