spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a counselor in the scouts you weren't allowed to have alcoholic beverages in camp, so to pass the time we would play a little game called Barf. We would sit around and play the card game Hearts, which we renamed Barf. Scores were kept and at the end of each round the loser had a choice of one, or two drinks. The drinks were as follows, and you had to alternate between them. First was a 2 quart package of "Funny Face" in an 8 ounce glass of water. The second drink was 1 packet of cocoa mix for 1 quart of water. The game was considered over once the first person got sick. It didn't take too long as the water was warm straight from the well. God we were stupid back then, but it was still fun none the less ;D I sure many have also done something similar and I would love to hear it.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I played both of those games when I was a kid. We called the one with the feet, chicken. The one with the hand mumbley pegs. The hand would be placed on a table and the fingers only spread a bit, then tap the knife between them back and forth really quickly. Needless to say, I did suffer some cuts.

chadrack

Sep 20, 2008
Well councelor, not to burst the bubble or anything here, but our troop was pretty good at sneaking in booze and we were generally not sick until the mornings. Never did get caught at that but pulling the pin on that vietnam war canister smoke bomb in our tent that one time did not turn out so well. Got in lots of trouble for that. (No alcohol involved that time, just curiosity and stupidity.) Didn't burn up the tent, we managed to get it outside, but at that point it was a bit hard to hide. Broad daylight, y'know. We had a great troop and won first place at the scout craft fairs for our telephone pole and fence post lashing towers that we constructed. Good group of guys and all have turned out well, believe it or not. C

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
we used a ice pick for the hand version of it -- neat round holes -- I never got stuck and was quite fast with a ice pick as well as a straight razor and switch blade as well (bad neighborhood in new orleans where I grew up)

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chadrack said:
Well councelor, not to burst the bubble or anything here, but our troop was pretty good at sneaking in booze and we were generally not sick until the mornings. Never did get caught at that but pulling the pin on that vietnam war canister smoke bomb in our tent that one time did not turn out so well. Got in lots of trouble for that. (No alcohol involved that time, just curiosity and stupidity.) Didn't burn up the tent, we managed to get it outside, but at that point it was a bit hard to hide. Broad daylight, y'know. We had a great troop and won first place at the scout craft fairs for our telephone pole and fence post lashing towers that we constructed. Good group of guys and all have turned out well, believe it or not. C

Don't get me wrong, I said we weren't allowed to have liquor in camp, it didn't mean that we didn't have it either :wink: We had a place to drink in the woods, not too far from the highway we called "Ripple Hill". Yeah, Ripple, the really good stuff, get crippled with Ripple was the slogan. The only flavor I could swallow with out upchucking was Ripple's Pagan Pink. We played a game that you had to finish the bottle before you finished a cigarette. Between the alcohol and hyperventilating you were literally ripped by the time the bottle was empty. That was just some old good clean fun and you didn't do it every night, but once a week. Ripple was the cheapest and most efficient drink at that time, 1969-1970, by 71, I could afford the better stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread