spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my best friends described me best by saying "You are never alone, there's always little people and a party going on in your head". I can say she is 100% on the money there. The way I see it, if I can't entertain people, then I have to entertain myself.

I am not sure many of you would, or want to entertain yourself, but I can tell you it's a blast. Yes it may be a bit embarrassing at times, but you will be surprised at the outcome. In some cases you may even walk away with a new acquaintance. Most times I do it for the shock value, it's fun watching how people react. All you need is a little self confidence and and good self esteem, then have some fun.

My favorite is to get on to a crowed elevator (you'll notice that most people won't look other people in the eye while riding the elevator for some reason, but they will on a train, or bus) Well the elevator does not give you room to go far, so I like to have some fun there. Enter the elevator and wait for it to start moving, then announce "I have new socks". You'll be surprised at peoples reactions. Oh, if doing this, try not to laugh, or smile :wink:

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Sounds like something I would do. How about going through a drive through and when they ask you if there will be anything else ask if you can barrow $10 for gas and tell them you don't think you have enough gas to get home. I did it at Chic Filet and everyone thought it was funny but the girl at the window.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Spartacus... you and my husband are soulmates, trust me. After 26 years, I know when to back away and quietly disappear into the crowd.. :notworthy:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D ;D

I'll bet you have "out loud" conversations with yourself, too. :headbang: Then nobody knows if you are talking to them or to yourself!! :laughing9:

B

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They hid the elastic band in my new britches. (comfort waist band)

I was always told it's ok to talk to yourself................Just so yuh don't answer.........

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:

I was always told it's ok to talk to yourself................Just so yuh don't answer.........

I heard it's even okay to answer yourself, but you're in trouble when you say HUH?

Fossis..........

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossis said:
poorhunter78 said:

I heard it's even okay to answer yourself, but you're in trouble when you say HUH?

Fossis..........
Sometimes I tell myself "what are you doin" .....then I answer "that was smart" ;D :help:

Cachefinder

Dec 22, 2008
ARIZONA
Detector(s) used
lucky horseshoe
In an elevator, it is always fun to talk into your arm and say "yeah I see them"

then watch everyone look around at each other :laughing7:

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cachefinder said:
In an elevator, it is always fun to talk into your arm and say "yeah I see them"

then watch everyone look around at each other :laughing7:
:icon_thumleft: there ya go

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was something I was watching, awhile back, where this one comedian was talking about doing strange things (on purpose) around people, including an elevator.

He said he likes to go into full elevators and say something like "See, I got new socks" (and pull up a pant leg to show them) - Wanna see my new underpants?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

B

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I just saw a video on Youtube where a guy outside of a coffee shop was acting like he was on his cell phone arguing with the husband of a girl he was "boinking". He went through the whole routine with people around him drinking coffee then he'd finaly tell the guy "You want some of this?? Come get it! Im at the Starbucks wearing a black shirt, Ray-ban sunglasses." He would describe people with in hearing range, you see them looking at themselves then get up & leave in a hurry! Funny stuff. I can see Spartacus & a few others (perhaps myself) pulling something like this! :D

B

BigDan

I don't know if I should repeat...

...some of the things I've done. Put it this way, my CAT was watching me approach the house one day and had a look like, "Don't em barass me!"

I age with Spartacus, if you can't be on the stage in life, you can only be in the audience. I don't mean being a total fool, or rude...but if you find something humorous...go for it!

I'll reply to myself and give one example of something I've always wanted to do...but can't find anyone to participate and it will take two to do it right.

B

BigDan

The X Files Vacation

Rent a dark sedan. Two people put on dark suits and sunglasses and check into a small motel in a small town.

Person 1 gets a haircut, and collects some hair clippings in a baggy...as many as possible. Then get out your metal detector and detect in the suit, glasses, latex gloves and a dust mask.

Person 2 go to a funeral home, ask if their have been any suspicious deaths lately? Then go to a local creek or pond and take water samples in the suit, glasses, latex gloves and dust mask. Park the car and just sit in the middle of town until person two calls.

Both go to a local cafe. Put water into a sample jar and open your own bottled water to drink. Order food, put each item in a baggy, pay for food and leave. Go to motel and although your haven't been there long, check out. Don't forget to leave "tags" on items that say, "clean", "sampled", "test".

Get the heck out of town.

IF the local police stop you at any point, be honest and answer any question...no one will believe them later anyway. The fun is imagining the local gossip.

Cachefinder

Dec 22, 2008
ARIZONA
Detector(s) used
lucky horseshoe
Mighty AP said:
I just saw a video on Youtube where a guy outside of a coffee shop was acting like he was on his cell phone arguing with the husband of a girl he was "boinking". He went through the whole routine with people around him drinking coffee then he'd finaly tell the guy "You want some of this?? Come get it! Im at the Starbucks wearing a black shirt, Ray-ban sunglasses." He would describe people with in hearing range, you see them looking at themselves then get up & leave in a hurry! Funny stuff. I can see Spartacus & a few others (perhaps myself) pulling something like this! :D

saw this also~ on TV I think-- was laughing really hard
he did this mult. times to different people/different situations......LOL

peacock

Oct 16, 2009
I love to talk to people, and just to stand in elevator and not talk is strange to me. It is kind of funny that people do not react. I am from a small town. People take care of others. It is all a learning experience for me.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Cachefinder said:
Mighty AP said:

saw this also~ on TV I think-- was laughing really hard
he did this mult. times to different people/different situations......LOL

Coolest part was their reactions when they realized he was describing them! Most grabbed their coffee & got the hell outa there...... fast! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread