My New Semi Truck!

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Hi Everyone, yesterday I got my new work truck. A 2010 Freightliner Cascadia. It's real nice inside. I had to watch 2 video tutorials to learn how to work all the fancy buttons & stuff. It also has a CWS unit that is for crash prevention. It locks on target any vehicle in front of me, and if I get too close to the vehicle in front of me, a red light & alarm will sound to alert me. This will only happen at speeds of over 15 mph. So, anytime you are in front of a cascadia truck, you are targeted!! Lock & Load!! Too bad we can't shoot laser beams at some of the idiot drivers out there!! lol...I'm just kidding.

I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning out my old truck, and after all that, I STILL had to pay the $250 cleaning fee. From my paycheck!! My efforts weren't good enough, apparently, to pass inspection. I tried really hard too, so I could save the money. I think the co.is just out to get our money.This is happening to every driver that trades a truck. We have to trade them, and now we are forced to pay a cleaning fee. I had some dog hair, but not too bad. I worked very hard to clean the old truck, which was dirty when I got it in the first place!! I'm a bit miffed at having to pay.

But, I will write off the cost of the cleaning on my taxes next year, and well, I got a brand spanking new truck, so that helps to swallow this bitter pill!! uuggh

This cd player has a auxillary jack so I can plug in my ipod touch which is cool. It works great. I got a plug from walmart and I'm off and running. Listening to my audiobooks and podcasts.

This truck will not idle even if I wanted it to. It would only idle at stop lights. It is equipped with a HVAC unit on it. This means it has 8 batteries total and the heating/ac run off the hvac battery system. It does not have a generator type motor. The heat/ac for bunk runs off it's own batteries. If the batteries get low, it will sound a signal. It worked pretty good last night in 30-36 degree cold, kept us pretty warm. It only heats/ac the bunk area so far as I can tell. I am still reading the owners manual.

Anyway, here are some photos that I got from the website. My truck is regular red color and is actually muddy on the outside. It got muddy at the company parking lot. I have been working to put my stuff in all the compartments, and when I get home, I'll leave some stuff at the house that does not need to be in the truck. I like to be organized. I do not have photos of my truck, just the ones at the dealer.

Take care, and be safe, DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE!!

SKT

Attachments

• red_chrome_640x480.jpg
    red_chrome_640x480.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 482
  • front_to_back_640x480.jpg
    front_to_back_640x480.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 858
  • interior_640x480.jpg
    interior_640x480.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 4,091
  • snow_640x480.jpg
    snow_640x480.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 707

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's really nice,but where's the stickshift( or don't they use them anymore),also I didn't see a stripper pole :laughing7: :laughing7:,sorry about that,I get audio books from my library and the best one was Patrick Stewart reading Moby Dick. Be safe out there,I'll be looking for you. :thumbsup:

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Luxury look :headbang:
The fittings would also suit a little boat.
I want one - Truck to haul the Boat :sign13:
Mike

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope there is a place to put your detector when you are on the open road. It is a must when you are traveling....matt

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Thank you, and I'm glad you like it. I just noticed in these stock photos' that they did not include the stick shift model. Mine does have a stick shift (10 speed), can't find em, grind em!! lol..

I will take pics of mine soon, I just have to clear the memory in my camera. Pups & I are on our way home tomorrow for a 4 day rest, so I'll have time then. And it's been raining a bit today, and will rain for next few days, so the outside will get a little wash.

So far, it's a pleasure to drive. Day 2 with new truck & we are getting along just peachy. ;D Love that new truck smell!! :D

skt

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
mlayers said:
Hope there is a place to put your detector when you are on the open road. It is a must when you are traveling....matt

Oh yeah, for sure. It even has lots of storage under the bunk. I am already carrying my Bounty Hunter in it's special case with me, and when I get my Excal, it's coming with me too.

And now that the ground is warming up, maybe I can get out there and hunt a little. Some customers have large parcels of unused land that they allow me to roam around on. I walk my dogs and do a little detecting.

;D skt

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!!! :blob8:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Fine lookin ride and a great sounding attitude . Good luck on your adventure . I put in 2.5 million miles + as an owner opperator with no chargeable or preventable accidents and no moving violations .
Left door shut , front wheels rotating in a forward motion , dirty part down , and shiny part up
is what I was told is required to make a livin at that bidness ;D
Jim

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Congrats on the new truck!

That's really nice inside. If I thought I would end up in one of those, I'd be back to OTR tomorrow!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sure is a hell of alot nicer then the old freightliner I bought new (2000)....what size motor did ya get with it ?

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tank69 said:
sure is a hell of alot nicer then the old freightliner I bought new (2000)....what size motor did ya get with it ?

Hi Tank, and everyone, glad you like my new truck. I'm still trying to figure out the heater for the bunk. It all runs on extra batteries, but it blows cold through the vent. Reading owners manual for the 5th time now!! It would be fine in hot summer, but it's still cold right now here in PA at the moment!!

I am not sure what size engine I have, I can check the engine itself and/or the manual. I did not pay attention to that yet!! lol... I will have the hood up tomorrow when I fuel, so I'll check then.

It's not too bad for a place to work. If I have to be out here (for now), best be in a pretty nice truck!! It drives nice & smooth too. Almost like a caddy, which is saying a lot for a semi!! lol..

skt

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you got all that extra room.... :wink: ;D

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
So who is it you are working for that charges you a "cleaning" fee? I work for a small company now, which I prefer over the large company way of doing things, last large company I worked for was bought out by someone with even more ridiculous rules.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only semi I ever rode in was just the cab of one that picked me up hitch hiking in west Texas. He didn't have a trailer and it nearly jarred my insides out! I vowed then I could never be a trucker. Things have changed. Monty

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
First: The $250 charge when you did your best is BS!!!
Second: On heating the bunk . Look for valves under the truck that would feed water to the heater cores . Most often these are closed in the summer to avoid ectra heat just permeating out into the truck therby defeating the A/C .
Third: If you want to sit and idle only pull your trailer brake button . Leave the tractor brake button IN .
This is old news since I parked my long nose Pete in 2008 . Things change BUT companies don't . Your's is just plain greedy .

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
that is a sweet ride. the last one I drove was a 1970 white w/230 cummins. gutless POS, but I guess you don't have to have a lot of poneys to move houses, just lots of gears. this one had RTO 12513 with a twin stick.
it was specially modified for us to use moving houses. top speed was an almost impressive 40 miles an hour. LOL

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Sniffer said:
that is a sweet ride. the last one I drove was a 1970 white w/230 cummins. gutless POS, but I guess you don't have to have a lot of poneys to move houses, just lots of gears. this one had RTO 12513 with a twin stick.
it was specially modified for us to use moving houses. top speed was an almost impressive 40 miles an hour. LOL
You had to be at the top of your game to hahdle 2-3 sticks and an oversize load :hello2:
Darn shame the comfort level has increased so much at a time when the industry is going to crap.
I sold my last truck in '06 .
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions