coin silver pocket watch help

bigfuzzybelly

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2010
i found a pocket watch basement hunting about 10 years ago...the only thing i know about the watch is that its says ''american watch co'' on the dial, the case says coin silver on the inside, the insides say walthem, mass and serial number is 1160215...it seems to keep great time and is very large...a guy at a antique shop said it was worth $25 to him and the guy at the pawn shop said it was worth $14 bucks in silver afew weeks after i found it in 1999 or 2000...anyone know anything about pocket watches...how do i find out the age of a watch like this...any into would be great

P.S. i can take a few photos tomarrow

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking about 1878-1879.
For a more accurate identification, we need to know how many jewels, what size it is, and more info that may be gleaned from seeing other markings inside the back case and the train including the compensating balance.

Scott

OP
OP
B

bigfuzzybelly

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2010
here is scans of the front and back... i cant scan the insides but when i open up the first back door the case says COIN SILVER and under that it has a number 9784 then there is the inside back door and it has the same number other then that i looked up watch sizes and is for sure an 18 size...other then that the onlt other info i have is the 2 buy offers from the antique and pawn shop i for sure never trust someone that just wants to buy something without answers

Attachments

• pocket watch case.jpg
    pocket watch case.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 1,114
  • rear of pocket watch.jpg
    rear of pocket watch.jpg
    927 bytes · Views: 1,094

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread