Health Implications?

C

Cappy Z.

I was doing some reading about the recent earthquake swarm in Oklahoma. I came upon an article that might have significant Health Implications for folks living in Oklahoma. Here is part of the article.

e Leonard observatory also has another distinction. A small group of Russians, who had a nuclear monitoring site there, were allowed to record seismic waves received from an underground nuclear blast site in Nevada, Lawson said.

On June 1, 1990, President George H.W. Bush and Soviet President Mikael Gorbachev signed a protocol for a Russian test building to be located near the observatory. About seven years later, after the Russia-United Kingdom-United States nuclear testing ended, the Russians gave the site back to the U.S., turning the $1 per year leased land back to Oklahoma.

Red-and-white street signs at the observatory, in both English and Russian, are still located near the observatory.

"A lot of people were not aware that there was an average of one nuclear test every nine days, from 1945 to 1990, with France, Britain, China, United States and Russia," Lawson said.

The Russian visit wasn't really publicized because officials felt protesters might demonstrate against their visit, he said.

"A lot of people were not aware that there was an average of one nuclear test every nine days, from 1945 to 1990, with France, Britain, China, United States and Russia," Lawson said.

It would seem there is a lot of radioactive waste polluting earths aquifers.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is interesting and scary at the same time. To think our government would lease out that land for 45 years for atomic testing without thinking about future ramifications is quite obscene. I think we are letting the inmates run the asylum. :dontknow: but then again maybe it was a good investment over the 45 years, as we did make a whopping $180 in total for leasing out the land for 45 years. I guess that should have put a little dent in the deficit, further over that same time we released 1822.5 explosions that surely left radioactive waste behind. I would think that the contamination would go beyond the aquifers as well.

Me tinks I am's more qually fide den tem and want a job in gover-mint. :laughing9:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
21701757_them_lg.jpg

attack-50-foot-woman-1.jpg

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That post is disjointed, Cappy Z. I misunderstood it, I guess. It was a test site in Nevada, but they leased it back to us in Oklahoma? (Well, alright, I am in Colorado now) But thank you for the heads up. Most folks don't know it, since tornadoes are more newsworthy, but we've always had earth tremors in Oklahoma. More often than even native Oklahomans might think. The earth is always moving. We have seismic monitoring stations too. There's one down at Meers in the Wichitas. If you go there, forget about that and go to the Meers store and order the Meersburger. Don't worry about earthquakes. I have more concern about the nitrates that have leached into the water as a result of fertilizing the crops. I used to hunt bullfrogs in ponds in Western Oklahoma. The last time I even heard one at night was in the middle 80's. I didn't kill them til extinction, but fertilizer runoff sure did. I wonder about crop dusting too. We used to wait for the frost to kill cotton leaves so we could pull the bolls. Then they started dusting to kill the leaves so they could strip it quicker. Then they dust for green bugs, and whatever else might be affecting the crops. That chemical lingers in the air, and if you live around there, it floats over and you breathe it. I know a lot of folks in Western Oklahoma who have died of cancer, but not so many here in the mountains of Colorado. Probably just speculation on my part, but the chase for the almight dollar will go on, consequences be damned. And better living through chemicals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread