Anyone Have FLO-Tv Yet? My Opinion

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the FLO-Tv a couple weeks ago and I like it so far. For those who haven't seen it, FLO-Tv is live cable tv that you can watch on your web enabled phone or personal viewing device. I purchased the FLO-Tv hand held unit which came with 6 months free service. It was $199.00 at my local Shack.

I use it mostly at work. The crystal clear LCD screen is large enough to see what's going on and the sound is great thanks to 2 tiny stereo speakers in the back. You can also plug in headphones or your computer speaker system. Battery life is phenomenal!

The touch screen takes some getting used to especially when scrolling through the channel guide. You can bring up the entire guide or you can finger scroll one station at a time while still watching your program. Touch a bit too hard and you will accidentally change the channel.

It comes with a fold out back which acts as an adjustable stand but I didn't like that it had no cover to protect the LCD screen. I had to buy a protective case separately. I found one at the big box store that fit nicely.

There are sixteen channels available now and more are being added. I picked up two more stations since I purchased it.
Some of my faves include ESPN, CNN, Fox Mobile, Adult Swim, Comedy Central, and Fox News.
It also has MSNBC but we won't go into that. Nothing's perfect.

Some of the programming gets repeated a lot, especially on the FLO-Tv music station. Great concert series such as Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits but I'd like to see a better variety.

Overall I am satisfied with my purchase, it does what it's supposed to and looks and sounds good doing it. I hope more programming is added to justify the fifteen bucks per month it's gonna start costing me in August.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread