spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess as kids, many of us did things that were not right, but then again with our innocence of the time felt we really did no real wrong. When I think of the things I have done over the years, most without a doubt would have landed me in jail today. This is another example.

Ahhh, nothing like a movie on a rainy Saturday afternoon. There were no such things as multi-plexes back then, just a huge theater, most with a balcony. For the price of admission, about $0.50 you were able to see a double feature as well :headbang: If we had a small crowd of 5-8 that would have cost us a pretty penny that we didn't have. Especially when you also needed money for soda, candy and popcorn :D Our plans were always the most simple, we just made sure we had candy money first and would set off finding empty soda bottles to return for the deposit. back then the small bottles got $0.02/each and the quart sized ones got you a shinny Nickle. :headbang: We would scour the neighborhood and relieve the streets of that trash, that was our treasure.

Once we hit our goal of $0.50 the game was on. We would all go to the movies and give the admission money to one so they could purchase a ticket and enter. We would wait outside by our favorite "Fire Door" and wait for our friend to push it open. Once it was opened, we ran in and dove under the seats and crawled under the chairs on the filthy floors that were covered in wet/sticky soda, candy, and discarded popcorn. You had to be fast because once the doors opened the theater was flooded in light and that brought the matrons with their flashlights. All you had to do was survive 5 minutes without being seen. You would just lay under the seats as the matron ran up and down the aisles shinning the flashlight trying to find you. They never bent over to look under the seats and that's were we hid. You would then crawl up towards the back so you could take a proper seat before the coming attractions even started.

That my friends was only the beginning of our adventure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions