Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Vietnam Veteran's Day

Very touching tribute, I need to visit the wall some day, I had a friend whose name is on it.

Fossis..............

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

One day in about 1992 I stopped off at a fuel stop to top off my truck's fuel tanks before hitting the yard. A young guy at the next fuel island saw my "Vietnam Veteran and Damned Proud of It" cap and walked over; stuck out his hand; and said, "welcome home". I damned near blubbered. It had been 23 years since I got back and he was the ONLY person other than my parents to ever tell me that.

Like Jeep said, some things run deep. Not to take anything at all away from the troops today, but their parents were the ones who ignored us and, to paraphrase an old saying, "what went around, came around." Yep, there were some really CLASSY people around back then; like the one who called my folks a couple of times, at about 2 o'clock in the morning and tell them that I was coming home in a body bag; laugh like a fool; then hang up the phone. My one wish in life would be to find out who that person was and that they were still alive. I would dearly love to discuss their manners up close and very personal.

Yep, Jeep, real deep.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You guys are heroes!! :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well Jeep, it was a little different in the part of the country I grew up in, and we were tickled to see everybody come back in one piece. I almost got sent to VietNam for my senior trip, but didn't. One boy from our town got his name on that wall. I can't look at that. But anyway, welcome home Jeep. We're all glad to see you made it back, and we thank you for your service. Sorry I'm late with that.

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Thanks jeep!The Korean war was much different but we had those same type people.On my first liberty in San Francisco,several bars had signs saying "dogs and servicemen,stay out".Of course we went in anyway.There were enough of us that they had to serve us or suffer our threats,but we made sure there were 5-6 in all our groups.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks guy's

It's a different world now and those same folks that hissed and spit now have sons and daughters going
off to war.

I hope that there conscience lets them sleep well.

I still believe in the USA and our Constitution.

I still honor my oath http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Sorry,no idea what you mean.I know nothing of Vietnam holidays,only that it was a day of Remembrance an d Honor for the US veterans of the Vietnamese war.All I intend to say about it except,God bless our vets and troops.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread