Three Legged Willie

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola
I found out my county was named after this guy. I thought the picture was gonna be different though.

willie.jpg

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears that he has 4 legs, including that cane :icon_scratch: Is that his pants legs to the ground with some sort of peg leg attached? Anyway, it's interesting to see the people and learn why they were important enough to be remembered.

OP
OP
jasonbo

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola
spartacus53 said:
It appears that he has 4 legs, including that cane :icon_scratch: Is that his pants legs to the ground with some sort of peg leg attached? Anyway, it's interesting to see the people and learn why they were important enough to be remembered.

I saw one story said due to an accident as a ranger they had to permantly place his legin that position

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jasonbo said:
spartacus53 said:

I saw one story said due to an accident as a ranger they had to permantly place his legin that position

I think I would have opted to have it sawed at the knee and go with a peg leg. I'd be bringing back the pirate look and wear puffy shirts like Sienfeld :laughing9: That had to be so uncomfortable and I bet poor circulation to the foot.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
'Spect I would have opted for the 3 leg look rather than amputation given the surgical procedures and anethesiology of the time .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread