The California after shocks continue. - Prelude to the big one?

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just think California finally falls off into the ocean I get waterfront property here in Arizona an wont have to drive so far to hunt the beach :laughing9: :tongue3: :laughing9: boy just think of the cool finds then :laughing7: :laughing9:

Tank

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Marc, is there any way that you know of to chart the number of quakes per 24 hour period? I've been watching the CA/NV map for a few days and the counts are on the way down as of mid day today. As of 13:42 PDT the count as 547 as compared to close to 600 just a few days ago.

Would be interesting if there are archives one could chart and see where the overall counts are going. Sorry, the count is a 1 week count, but I've been looking daily and the current trend is down, which probably also means the pressure is building.

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
bill-USA said:
Marc, is there any way that you know of to chart the number of quakes per 24 hour period? I've been watching the CA/NV map for a few days and the counts are on the way down as of mid day today. As of 13:42 PDT the count as 547 as compared to close to 600 just a few days ago.

Would be interesting if there are archives one could chart and see where the overall counts are going. Sorry, the count is a 1 week count, but I've been looking daily and the current trend is down, which probably also means the pressure is building.

Look at the animations..... they show the number of quakes....

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsanim/canv/

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Marc, wouldn't a whole bunch of little shocks mean the main plates are slowly releasing their "spring", their potential energy? I know nothing of earthquakes but it would seem letting steam off is better than having it pop all at once.

OT

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Town said:
Marc, wouldn't a whole bunch of little shocks mean the main plates are slowly releasing their "spring", their potential energy? I know nothing of earthquakes but it would seem letting steam off is better than having it pop all at once.

OT
I have read a lot about quakes the plates are always moving slowly they never really stop riding on a layer of molten lava the core ,sometimes the plates find a less stressful area and move faster that is how you can feel the shocks small but you can feel them , its when the plate can no longer move over or under the plate next to it they build up pressure and finally brake causing a huge quake so its better to feel a lot of small shocks that happen all the time then one big earth rattler Jim

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Old Town said:

OT

It all depends on the structure of the plates and their movement. Sometimes small quakes build up energy then the large quakes release it.

Personally, I would listen to the scientists.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Stephan, I disagree with you. It is an intensely interesting subject. What made Atlantis disappear? Simple, because of the plate movement between the North American, Asian and African plates moving and pivoting on Atlantis's center. Actually She was above the most intensely active seismic areas in the world.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
HI Stephan, I disagree with you. It is an intensely interesting subject. What made Atlantis disappear? Simple, because of the plate movement between the North American, Asian and African plates moving and pivoting on Atlantis's center. Actually She was above the most intensely active seismic areas in the world.

Don Jose de La Mancha

There is no proof Atlantis ever existed in the first place. Most think it was a mythical city. Myself included.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry my, sheltered friend, it did, and we, in here, have located it, just about where it is supposed to be. It was a giant, 3 ringed caldera, not a continent. About the size of Spain or France.

Want some pictures of the giant caldera as it is right now under 12,000 ft of the Atlantic? It was not a race of super advanced people in the sciences, just a very strong group of seafarers as later were the Phoenicians.

I have posted on it in the Explorers club.

www.explorers.org

Don Jose de La Mancha

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
How do you know it's Atlantis? whatever was found? I would think such a discovery would make the news. I haven't heard a thing and I pay attention.

Maybe because real scientists don't know what they have found but wishful lovers of mystery and intrigue have found enough to satisfy their itch? Not very scientific if you ask me.

OT

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Watch Devore!

Quake activity quite high at this moment in Southern California. If I lived there I would be nervous.

Here's a snapshot of NOW, from the USGS.....

q.jpg

and here the current seismicity chart.

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Last night I was going to upload an observation..... then thought - nah, Marc, it's your imagination.

Well, there is a theory about earthquakes known as the Magi doughnut theory (google it!)

It basically says that earthquakes occur in circular patterns before a big one occurs in the center.

SO - I noticed the following circular pattern forming in Southern california....

mogi.jpg

This morning - I looked at the area again....

mogi3.jpg

2 new quakes since my observation... RIGHT on the San Andreas. If I could place a bet on WHERE a moderate/large quake is going to occur, I WOULD!

from Oct. 11th, 2010...

SIGH.

Marc

p.s.... sorry folks.... I know I have been babbling about this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions