The California after shocks continue. - Prelude to the big one?

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There's an ominous pattern developing in the aftershocks of the 7.1 Baja quake on April 4th...

The images on the left side are unaltered from the USGS ... from a few moments ago...

The images on the right are pointing out an ominous pattern I see... The aftershocks are traveling north, and coming close to the San Andreas. There was also a 4.0 up north in Parkfield today... right ON the San Andreas...

Is this how "the great shake out" is going to start? :o

If I knew someone there, I would encourage a vacation... eastward.... ASAP! :o

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US10/32.42.-125.-115.php

Attachments

• eq2.jpg
    eq2.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 1,814
OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to agree with ya Marc, I think calif is gonna fall back into the ocean.. I honestly couldn't live there.. never been in a quake and pray I never do.

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Bootybay said:
I think calif is gonna fall back into the ocean.

If it does of course, Edgar Cayce was right! 8) (let's hope THAT doesn't happen any time soon!)

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not to gloat, but the 5.4 Borrego Springs quake happened right in the area I had shaded..... on July the 7th.

I would NOT want to be in Devore California for the foreseeable future!

Attachments

• bor.jpg
    bor.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 594
OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, when scientists like John Rundle, a professor of physics and geology at UC Davis says things like.....

"The aftermath of the Mexicali quake is turning out to be significantly different from the aftermath of the two other large temblors to hit Southern California in the last two decades. Both the 7.3 Landers quake in 1992 and the 7.1 Hector Mine quake in 1999 in the Mojave Desert resulted in aftershocks that dissipated relatively quickly. By contrast, the Mexicali quake has been followed by aftershocks and "triggered earthquakes" that are showing no signs of ending"... and... "The probability of a larger earthquake on those faults could be high within the next year or two," ...and... "This thing seems to be popping off with lots of small earthquakes, and it's not decaying very quickly … which to me is worrisome, frankly,"

.... and when I know from my own observations that there IS a pattern of quakes racing towards the San Andreas... which scientists say is akin to a 10 month pregnancy, in and of itself, well, I feel like there's a katrina on it's way and VERY few people know about it.
What a shame.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
Not sure what your smoking but Devore is about 100 miles north in the San Bernardino Mountain Range...a far cry from where the activity is now...
hey paisano nothin you or i can do bout it but move so waiting fur more shakes. :read2:

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Marc said:
Well, when scientists like John Rundle, a professor of physics and geology at UC Davis says things like.....

"The aftermath of the Mexicali quake is turning out to be significantly different from the aftermath of the two other large temblors to hit Southern California in the last two decades. Both the 7.3 Landers quake in 1992 and the 7.1 Hector Mine quake in 1999 in the Mojave Desert resulted in aftershocks that dissipated relatively quickly. By contrast, the Mexicali quake has been followed by aftershocks and "triggered earthquakes" that are showing no signs of ending"... and... "The probability of a larger earthquake on those faults could be high within the next year or two," ...and... "This thing seems to be popping off with lots of small earthquakes, and it's not decaying very quickly … which to me is worrisome, frankly,"

.... and when I know from my own observations that there IS a pattern of quakes racing towards the San Andreas... which scientists say is akin to a 10 month pregnancy, in and of itself, well, I feel like there's a katrina on it's way and VERY few people know about it.
What a shame.

I don't doubt it, nor the the everpresent possibility of continued quakes, possibly severe. I was just jokin', although I realize it could be very serious...I've got relatives around the L.A. area and had the pleasure of experiencing the L.A. quake of '71.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
The Beep Goes On said:
By the rule of three we have one more disaster coming. :dontknow: :wink:

Michael Jackson dying..Lindsey Lohan going to prison...you really think this may be the 3rd disaster? :o

The only happy people in Cali when it eventually falls into the sea will be the surfers.Gonna cause one hell of a wave!

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dano Sverige said:
The Beep Goes On said:

Michael Jackson dying..Lindsey Lohan going to prison...you really think this may be the 3rd disaster? :o

The only happy people in Cali when it eventually falls into the sea will be the surfers.Gonna cause one hell of a wave!

:laughing7: I was thinking more along the lines of Haiti, BP, ...CA

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course we all hope nothing comes of this.

But if we do end up losing California, who will have the property/mineral rights?

I mean this could expose a lot of gold huntin territory.

I wonder how much we'd save in taxes?

Nah, the feds will never let it happen.

If I had my pick it would be Detroit.

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
The town of Calipatria between Brawley and Niland is well below sea level. South aways from the Salton Sea. Ought to make an interesting senerio with a large quake. Thanks for an intreresting topic, Mark.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Of course we all hope nothing comes of this.

But if we do end up losing California, who will have the property/mineral rights?

I mean this could expose a lot of gold huntin territory.

I wonder how much we'd save in taxes?

Nah, the feds will never let it happen.

If I had my pick it would be Detroit.
sir you crack me up :laughing9:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
silverswede said:
The town of Calipatria between Brawley and Niland is well below sea level. South aways from the Salton Sea. Ought to make an interesting senerio with a large quake. Thanks for an intreresting topic, Mark.

Salton Sea was a creation of LA Dept Water & Power (DWP) in the early 1900's by messing with the Colorado River...a major quake could create a flood of the area and eventually merge with the Sea of Cortez (Gulf of California)...
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
stefen said:
Not sure what your smoking but Devore is about 100 miles north in the San Bernardino Mountain Range...a far cry from where the activity is now...

And Bakersfield is 220 mile north and west...

Sorry, I disagree with your premise....do not see the validity

The Borrego Springs quake is part of a series of triggered quakes that began on August 3rd 2009 with a 6.9 near Guerrero Mexico, then a 7.2 quake in Mexicali on Easter, than finally the Borrego Springs quake.... the distance between all these quakes is 400 miles. There were THOUSANDS of small quakes connecting these 3 events. It is not unlikely that we will see additional quakes running up the fault(s) - even 100+ miles. I am not sure why you mentioned Bakersfield. I didn't. Devore is right at the junction of the several fault systems, including the San Andreas. We'll see!

(although I will concede that activity does seems to have dropped off in recent days)

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
The Beep Goes On said:

Not True Dano! Once everything settels down it will be a cool dive spot, so Divers will be excited also!

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions