Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky said:
If two objects are traveling towards each other at the speed of light would they appear to an outside observer to be moving twice the speed of light?

If someone tells you 'I always lie'

Can the statement be true?

The first one also sounds like if I were traveling in a rocket and turned on the headlights, would they do anything?

But here are your answers
1- No
2- Yes

K

Kentucky Kache

I think you guys are describing a paradox. No, Spart, that don't mean two doctors. :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kentucky Kache said:
I think you guys are describing a paradox. No, Spart, that don't mean two doctors. :laughing7:

Paradox, or pair of ducks, it's all the same to me.. We are just having some fun

I want some questions that we can have real fun with :headbang:

K

Kentucky Kache

spartacus53 said:
Kentucky Kache said:

Paradox, or pair of ducks, it's all the same to me.. We are just having some fun

Yes sir, I was just having a little fun witcha.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Spooky said:
Mighty AP said:
Spooky said:
If someone tells you 'I always lie'

Can the statement be true?

Wow! I just had a Star Trek flashback........"This does not compute........this does not compute........boom." :D

So what you are SAYING is...
you had a flashback in the present about a show in the past that was set in the future?

Whoa. :icon_scratch:

Oh Great Spartacus. Please grace me with an answer to a perplexing question. :notworthy:
I dont know if you have one of these or if yours works the same.........but at my sink I have two (2) :D knobs. When one is turned, cold water comes out of the faucet. When the other is turned, magicaly........HOT WATER COMES OUT! I swear its true! Please tell me...............how is this possible? ??? Is this a feat of modern technology or should I call a priest & have the demons in my plumbing system excorcised? I can have the Padre look at my toaster too, as Ive stated before it calls me dirty names. >:D

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
texastee2007 said:
spartacus53 said:
See here you will get all you need to know about almost everything and in real time too :laughing9:

I am Dr Phil, Oprah, and Dear Abby rolled into one

You are Dr. Phioprabby.............

It kinda rolls off the tongue, dont it? I like it!!! :icon_thumleft: :D
Give Tee a season pass to your show Doc! :hello2:

B

BigDan

Dear Abbie

Just call me, D. I recently came home from working a double shift to find my wife crying because she has begun the "change". My 30 year old step son had quit the job he'd had for one month because they "yelled" at him, so he has to live with us a "little" longer. His girlfriend had clogged up the washing machine and was angry that our house is "uncomfortable, she had no privacy, and our appliances are old. My teen-age step-daughter came down from upstairs where I discovered her boyfriend was visiting...she was in jeans, she got a snack and went back upstairs and later reappeared in shorts.

My question is, can you help me find the corkscrew?

B

BigDan

Dear Abbie:

Just call me, "Big". Should we believe everything we hear? For example, "The cops just said, throw your gun out and walk out with your hands above your head..and no one will get hurt." What do you think?

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Dear Abbie

BigDan said:
My question is, can you help me find the corkscrew?

BigDan, god I love your too, this is way to easy. Your corkscrew is where you last put it :tongue3:

B

BigDan

Dear Abbie:

Just call me, "B.D."

Why do dogs always try to smell my crotch and is there anything I can rub on down there to make them stop?

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
spartacus53 said:
See here you will get all you need to know about almost everything and in real time too :laughing9:

I am Dr Phil, Oprah, and Dear Abby rolled into one

You are Dr. Phioprabby....I Like it...can I come to your New TV show?

Yes, you best hurry, rumor has it that I will be canceled after the first taping.. :laughing9:

B

BigDan

Dear Abbie:

I have always been a horrible procrastinator...my question is (I'll be back after this break)

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Dear Abbie:

BigDan said:
Just call me, "B.D."

Why do dogs always try to smell my crotch and is there anything I can rub on down there to make them stop?

Yes, Rub Vicks vapo all over your private parts, dogs and cats hate the smell. It just may sting a tad though

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Dear Abbie:

BigDan said:
Just call me, "Big". Should we believe everything we hear? For example, "The cops just said, throw your gun out and walk out with your hands above your head..and no one will get hurt." What do you think?

Always believe everything you hear, unless it comes from me.

You cop question is an interesting one and here is the answer. The guy will drop the gun, walk out with his hands above his head and get shot dead. Whatever his name was certainly wasn't no one, so the cop didn't lie ..... There ;D

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please leave your questions, I'll be back a little later. I have to watch the lost episodes of "Taxi", now

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
discovery_bound said:
I've found recent success at failure. Which have I really done?

You have now done it all and can retire.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
If it gets down to zero tonight, and tomorrow night it gets twice as cold, How cold will it be? rockhound

K

Kentucky Kache

rockhound said:
If it gets down to zero tonight, and tomorrow night it gets twice as cold, How cold will it be? rockhound

Double zero?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread