GPURS: What gives with the fireball over the midwest?

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodness gracious great balls of fire!

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Thousands of terrified people witnessed the event over several states: Wisconsin, Missouri, Iowa, Ohio, Illinois and Indiana. The UFO was seen at 10pm central time (22:00 universal time) on April 14th, 2010.

What is shown in the video is the sky being lit up a large ball of light which slowly moves into view across the sky until a sudden explosion occurs. After the huge explosion a smaller ball of light continues over the horizon.

On the ground rumblings were heard much like an earthquake which culminated in a deafening sonic boom, while pictures shook on the walls, dogs barked and children clung to their mothers trembling in fear.

This video is a compilation of still photos taken from a street webcam. In reality the ball of light and explosion were seen for a span of 15 minutes.

It is news to most of us that meteors can burn for 15 minutes but that is apparently what happened in this case. Maybe everything takes longer in the Midwest.

Reader thoughts? Could this be an alien spaceship that exploded in plain view? That would surely be a good story but alas, I think not. The giant fireball in the sky last night was merely an unusual astronomical event, most likely part of the Gamma Virginids meteor shower which began in April.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah,you guys always get the great fireballs. :headbang:

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
A solar wind gust hit Earth's magnetic field on April 15th, sparking a G1-class (Kp=5) geomagnetic storm. Skies over Finland lit up with a beautiful mix of green and purple.

And this....

Thursday, April 22 (Friday, April 23 for Asian observers) Expect between 5 and 15 Lyrids per hour from a dark site, plus a few other meteors.”

“The Lyrid meteor showers have a reputation for variable rates and timing. Usually, they produce 10 to 20 meteors per hour at maximum (under dark skies). The predicted peak isn't well-timed for North American observers this year, but given the shower's variability this shouldn't keep you from watching. Lyrids produce fairly fast meteors with a reputation for being faint on average.”

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Sounds like Vibes has her finger on the pulse of this one Cappy! Meteor, fireball, shooting star, Bolide perhaps??? Possibly a late Virginid or early Lyrid, or just a lone meteor or piece of man made "space junk" making re-entry... Whatever it was, it was NOT a sign of "global warming" :wink:..

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this earlier this morning on my Facebook.

I only found it interesting that it happened the "same day" that the quake in Western China killed 600+ and buried even more, the volcano that erupted (again) in Iceland (and now the volcanic ash is halting flights across Europe), and then there was the Cyclone that killed 89+ people in Eastern India...

All of this, minus the volcanic ash fall out from today, took place YESTERDAY... in ONE DAY.

Guess most will chock it up to "The sky is falling..."

"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places; there will be famines. These are but the beginning of the birth pains."

"Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come."

"And what I say to you I say to all: Stay awake."

Bran <><

P.S. I've been keeping track of, and posting similar events from around the world on my Facebook since last year. These aren't the first signs... and they won't be the last.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
godisnum1 said:

I only found it interesting that it happened the "same day" that the quake in Western China killed 600+ and buried even more, the volcano that erupted (again) in Iceland (and now the volcanic ash is halting flights across Europe), and then there was the Cyclone that killed 89+ people in Eastern India...

All of this, minus the volcanic ash fall out from today, took place YESTERDAY... in ONE DAY.

"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places; there will be famines. These are but the beginning of the birth pains."

Bran <><

P.S. I've been keeping track of, and posting similar events from around the world on my Facebook since last year. These aren't the first signs... and they won't be the last.

Bran....today http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php?area=usa&lang=eng a "Superbug" "measles" "bacteria Meningitis" "norvovirus" all on the map along with the other quake, meteor and volcano.

Interesting... that map is something, huh...

Bran <><

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:

Bran <><

I have been thinking of the same thing. You know come to think of it I have never remembered in my lifetime so many earthquakes in different places, It was always Mexico, San Francisco and maybe Japan when I was a kid growing up. Now when I am watching a news station I read the bottom of the screen and that is when I hear about all of these quakes. Since Haiti and after the one in South America it seems as though the other ones are just no as news worthy. After reading this post I see I am not alone in how I think!!!!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigtim1973 said:
I have been thinking of the same thing. You know come to think of it I have never remembered in my lifetime so many earthquakes in different places, It was always Mexico, San Francisco and maybe Japan when I was a kid growing up. Now when I am watching a news station I read the bottom of the screen and that is when I hear about all of these quakes. Since Haiti and after the one in South America it seems as though the other ones are just no as news worthy. After reading this post I see I am not alone in how I think!!!!

No, you aren't alone in how you think at all. I know I'm only 27, but I'm sure that in my lifetime or in the history books that I've NEVER heard about or read about there being so much various activity going on with the earth, the seasons and natural disasters. There's only one Book I've ever read that talks about all of this... but I can't talk about it on these forums anymore. But keep your eyes open... because this is only the beginning.

Bran <><

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
bigtim1973 said:

No, you aren't alone in how you think at all. I know I'm only 27, but I'm sure that in my lifetime or in the history books that I've NEVER heard about or read about there being so much various activity going on with the earth, the seasons and natural disasters. There's only one Book I've ever read that talks about all of this... but I can't talk about it on these forums anymore. But keep your eyes open... because this is only the beginning.

Bran <><

You mean we cannot talk about the Bible here on T'net? No I do not agree with not being able to speak of the truth. And if I am ever request not to say things on how I feel about God or the Bible, then I want my charter membership money back!!!

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky said:
bigtim1973 said:
godisnum1 said:
bigtim1973 said:

Bran <><

You mean we cannot talk about the Bible here on T'net? No I do not agree with not being able to speak of the truth. And if I am ever request not to say things on how I feel about God or the Bible, then I want my charter membership money back!!!

Brandon was referring to the fact that some people get upset if you mention "God' or religion here.

They will get over it.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm only trying my best to not to rock the boat here gentlemen, that's all.
I can't help but speak of the Truth... I'd have to be banned from this website otherwise.
But I try my best to respect those in authority over me.

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I have yet to see any mention of this event on the local new. Very odd.

This is one strange event. Has anyone see any thing that mentioned just what happened? Lots of speculation but are there any concrete facts associated with this event?

Ray S ECenFL

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S ECenFL said:
I have yet to see any mention of this event on the local new. Very odd.

This is one strange event. Has anyone see any thing that mentioned just what happened? Lots of speculation but are there any concrete facts associated with this event?

Ray S ECenFL

Not that I've heard... like everything else, it seems to be old news already.
Always being pushed out of the way by a celebrity or sports team.

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread