OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's For Dinner?

AU24K said:
Put that big ole ham in a deep sided cookie sheet, poured some pineapple juice over it, packed brown sugar on the top and the sides, placed pineapple chunks all over it, covered it loosely with aluminum foil, popped it in the oven @325 for an hour and a half. Baste about every 30 minutes...
Made the cheese biscuits, some green beans and WOW!
The pineapple chunks were "caramelized" and sweet!

That piece of ham is almost 2 inches thick!

I finally hit my high water mark with only a few bites left. :thumbsup:

Got tons of leftovers if anyone's in the neighborhood...

(note to self...get bread for a week's worth of ham sandwiches)

Best Wishes,
Scott
Umm umm good. I had a similar slice of ham a couple nights ago. Tonight it was a simple bbqued chicken breast, mashed potatoes and cream corn washed down with some sweet tea. :thumbsup:

AU24K said:
Mental Granny said:
Love doin that up for ham only I add a couple of other things ! :icon_sunny:

OH! OH! OH! (Hand waving in air)
Please tell me what, My Sweet Granny!
(Feel the love?)

Best,
Scott
I use a little honey, cinnamon, and whole cloves with it plus the brown sugar and pinapple rings. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah,
I usually like to score the ham and stick whole cloves in the intersections and hang pineapple rings from them. Then sprinkle with brown sugar. I just used what I had and hoped for the best....

The idea of cinnamon and cloves is intriguing though....Wonder how allspice would work? (Doesn't allspice also have nutmeg in it?)

Best,
Scott

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In bowl pineapple juice some honey an brown sugar with a dash of...... an you will keep smaking your lips ... I reserve some for dipping !

Tonight fish an fried okra and what ever thats not fuzzy in fridge ! ;D

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mental Granny said:
In bowl pineapple juice some honey an brown sugar with a dash of...... an you will keep smaking your lips ... I reserve some for dipping !

Tonight fish an fried okra and what ever thats not fuzzy in fridge ! ;D

Granny,
You better gimme......
I'll come and spank!

Best Wishes,
Scott

PS. If I gotta come and spank, you can throw out the fuzzy stuff, 'cuz I got fluorescent stuff I'll bring! :laughing7:
(ummmm...you got bio-hazard suits?)

Luv Ya, Granny!

Very Best Wishes,
Scott

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As I was reaching in fridge I grabbed fuzzy's an tossed them I bet there more ... ate the last of the lettuce wont be buying any for awhile ... not at a buck an a 1/2 for a loose head !

Threats threats threats ! HA I'm not scared ! :laughing7:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mental Granny said:
As I was reaching in fridge I grabbed fuzzy's an tossed them I bet there more ... ate the last of the lettuce wont be buying any for awhile ... not at a buck an a 1/2 for a loose head !

Threats threats threats ! HA I'm not scared ! :laughing7:

I know what you mean. Why buy a whole head of lettuce when I can only use a half head?

I'm thinking of coordinating my shopping with someone who will split purchases of items that are less expensive in bulk. Not a new idea but maybe one that is more poignant in this economy.

Do you use coupons?
Is there a coupon exchange? I save every nickel I can, shoot, I'll even stop and pick up a penny!

Best,
Scott

PS.
Not threats, just wishful thinkin'.....

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The lettuce was so loose it almost fell apart. So I decided not to bye any at Walmart went to Food Pyramid, same thing there heads a hair tigher an cost more. So I went to Auldis it was alarge tight heavy head an 78 cents !

Keep being wistful :laughing7: Luve ya Scott !!

Oh and the wind chimes survived they were in the yard but they are ok ... the only one hanging was my cross !

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tonight's Menu,
Ladies and Gentlemen is:

Ham and beans
Cheesy corn bread and jalepeno peppers
Sliced cukes
Sweet tea
Dessert: Triple brownies and ice cream

OH, YEAH! :headbang:

Ding, Ding, Ding! Come and get it!

Best,
Scott

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Slumming tonight. Had Stouffers Lasagna and garlic bread. Choco chip cookies and milk in a half hour. :laughing7:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diggummup said:
Slumming tonight. Had Stouffers Lasagna and garlic bread. Choco chip cookies and milk in a half hour. :laughing7:

Slumming or bacheloring?
I thought slumming meant hitting the dumpsters behind Red Lobster during dinner time. :dontknow:
(Done that.....)

Best,
Scott

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AU24K said:
diggummup said:

Slumming or bacheloring?
I thought slumming meant hitting the dumpsters behing Red Lobster during dinner time. :dontknow:
(Done that.....)

Best,
Scott
Actually , the wife didn't feel like cooking and neither did I so.... Dinner in a box it was. :)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Made a cheesburger /chips/cottage cheese/ avacado slices/ then in a bit milk an chewy oatmeal cookies !

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Guess I'll have some spaghetti red, HEAVILY buttered garlic toast (Cholesterol? Pffft!),
and a glass of sweet tea.

Dessert is still open....maybe a milkshake with strawberries or ice cream and the rest of those "triple" brownies. :thumbsup:

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diggummup said:
Actually , the wife didn't feel like cooking and neither did I so.... Dinner in a box it was. :)

Friend,
When "the wife" doesn't want to cook, a true "Renaissance Man" can capitalize on the moment and will then amaze, capture and seduce the woman of their heart by creating a masterpiece dinner.
Or so I imagine..... :dontknow:

Best Wishes,
Scott

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scott, that is a wnderful idea!! Let me know when you try it ! Tonight I went to a ladies retreat its been going on since Friday, but with work I couldnt go til this afternoon .... for supper we were taken to a Mexican place .... delicious ! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tonight it's a Kid's Dream!
Brownies, ice cream, candy and seconds!

(sometimes I get a sweet tooth and no one tells me, "No.") :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Best to all,
Scott

PS.
I DID have a big glass of milk.
What?
Ssshhhh...
OK......

Chocolate milk! :hello2:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Last night chili an kraut an hot dog ! Tonight I am going to the cancer survivior dinner an will get my Tshirt ! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, I hear y'all, but....

So, when yer campin' and ain't got fancy cookin' implements, what 's for dinner?

That takes this thread in a whole 'nother direction.

I camp A LOT!
What do you plan for camping meals?

I got ideas, what's your's?

Best Wishes,
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread