OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's For Dinner?

Tonight, I am fortunate enough to have salisbury steaks, a baked tater, green beans, condiments and iced tea.
Other bills be damned---I gotta eat!

Best,
Scott

PS. For "Zert." I got some ice cream left in the freezer and some chocolate syrup.....

It ain't much, but I'll survive for one more day....gravy is SO important.... :thumbsup:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

Thick cut lard samich on pumpernickel, toasted, then slathered in a generous dollop of Goober Grape. Side of Bugels. Mountain Dew.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Today I will feast on whatever is not growing stuff in frodge. Tomorrow I will dine wonderfully .... at church there is a chili cookoff !

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just checked out the local Chinese restuarants dumpster and it got some great looking stuff for later today, anyone want to join me? I mean there are veggies, some kinda meats and even some noodle looking things in there that should make a fine gormet meal.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Fried hot Italian sausage links , real fried tater cakes fron leftover mached taters , and home canned
green tomatoes floured and fried in bacon grease .
:dontknow: If this kind of food will kill me ; at least , I will die with a bellyful of good tasting food
:tongue3:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Stone crab claws, fresh caught shrimp, fresh oysters, all the dips....and....one of those really doughy, big, hot jalapeno pretzels you get at the farmer's markets. (Could have done without the "whole" pretzel...... :laughing9:)

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

bigscoop said:
Stone crab claws, fresh caught shrimp, fresh oysters, all the dips....and....one of those really doughy, big, hot jalapeno pretzels you get at the farmer's markets. (Could have done without the "whole" pretzel...... :laughing9:)
:icon_thumright: I wouldn't trade ya , but I'll share mine if you'll share yours :laughing7:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dinner is back!

Tonight it's Chili and cornbread with honey.

"You gonna eat yo' cornbread?"

(CAUTION: Language)

My Best,
Scott

Last edited:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
LMAO! I think I'll pass on the corn bread . Corned beef and cabbage with toasted rye bread filled the tummy for me tonight .

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be ST Patrick's day in WV.. The only thing missing was those little red potato's :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Don't need some bog sloggin mick holiday to 'splain to me what good food is . Taters were included and there was enough that I'm still eatin leftovers tonight . Yum Yum !

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always try to save up some cash to buy up corned beef on sale at the grocery store the day after St. Patricks day.
That's good stuff ANY time of year! :thumbsup:

Best,
Scott

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
--- edit admin -- please don't quote the spammers, makes it harder to clean up. Just use the 'report post' button ;) Thanks.

Maybe me posting will get their attention, and they'll check the thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent in my Charter dues today after cashing in pop bottles and had enough money left over to make porcupine meatballs with mashed potatoes and brown gravy, spinach, bread and butter and sweet tea.
For zert, I'm gonna make some M&M cookies from an old recipe of my Mom's! Yummy!

Best Wishes,
Scott

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm craving McDonalds. Sorry.

gfgdg.jpg

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I made mt first attempt at making my own Pastrami. Cured a brisket for three weeks in the fridge. Covered it in cracked black pepper and coriander then smoked it. Wow is all I can say! Will be doing this again for sure. I need a deli.

Attachments

• DSC_0009 [50%].JPG
    DSC_0009 [50%].JPG
    604.8 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight for my Birthday, a friend took me to KIKU Japanese Sushi Bar.
I had never been there, but I like sushi.
This was the best sushi I have EVER had!
Along with properly warmed sake, it was the best dinner that I've had for quite awhile! :thumbsup:

Kiku Japanese Restaurant

Now I'll have a birthday cigar and face another year.
Takin' it a year at a time...

Best Wishes,
Scott

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
AU24K, I was going to try susui untill I saw the TV show about the fish processing ship. They stated that nothing went to waist. They showed the inners of the fish being ground to make SUSUI. Fish Pap 1.jpg

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K, I was going to try susui untill I saw the TV show about the fish processing ship. They stated that nothing went to waist. They showed the inners of the fish being ground to make SUSUI. View attachment 643571

Frankn,
I understand what you're sayin', but I sat two feet across from the artist who prepared our sushi order to our satisfaction using fresh, whole cuts of ingredients. It was nothing like you'd get at the grocery store or a run of the mill chinese restaurant. NO comparison.
It was authentic, professionally prepared and Delicious!

My Best,
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions