Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2007
    Ohio
    Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

Re: What's For Dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by AU24K
    Quote Originally Posted by WindHarvester
    Last night I had bratwurst's with spicy mustard and onions, and snacked on corn chips and salsa. It wasn't much but I was home alone.

Right now I'm having corn chip crumbs (bottom of the bag) with salsa and cheese covering it with some Tabasco.
    That sounds pretty good. However I'd STILL be paying for it!

Reminds me of when I was first told that I had ulcers. The Doctor told me I could eat anything I liked. Then he gave me a short list of things that I was going to like.

Best,
    Scott
    I don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat spicy things, I even put Tabasco on my Bologna sandwiches.

gb
    Nov 2007
    22 times

Had roast chicken today, with roast potatoes, and assorted veggies, not really a dessert eater, but the usual cuppa tea came after. Not a coffee drinker either, perhaps I shouldn't say that because I know you all like your coffee over their..

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    Where good deeds are performed daily
    Garrett Fortune Hunter, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
    1628 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn
    Not a coffee drinker either, perhaps I shouldn't say that because I know you all like your coffee over their..
    You bet!
    I drink a pot a day, year 'round.
    I usually grind my own beans fresh daily. The trick is to find good stock to start with. Crappy beans=crappy coffee.
    But what do I know? I drink lots of "cowboy coffee." (Camp coffee)
    However, I have been known to take my grinder and cappacino machine camping and hooked them up to an inverter attached to my truck battery.

I do love a nice cup of Earl Grey with a twist of lemon though....

Best,
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?
    Democracy: The only system where
    two idiots can out-vote one genius

us
    Jan 2007
    Ohio

I used to drink coffee but I can't anymore because it makes me shake like a crackhead on payday, it can't be the caffeine because I drink tea everyday. I must have developed an allergy for the bean over the years.

Sad thing is I always really liked it but I think the tea is a little more healthy for me and the family.

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    Garrett Fortune Hunter, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
    1628 times

I used to drink coffee but I can't anymore because it makes me shake like a crackhead on payday

Best,
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?

gb
    Nov 2007
    22 times

Like you know your coffee's Scott, we know our tea's. Earl Grey tea is a Chinese tea, and like all Chinese tea's they are much lighter. I prefer Indian tea which is stronger, but usually its the every day tea that we drink.

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    1628 times

I am allergic to onions. However I love onions.
    I bought a small white onion the other day and sliced it thinly. I then soaked it overnight in milk. Milk seems to neutralize the whojou and then make onions edible for me.(Chemical enzyme reaction type thing I guess....)

I fired up the "Fry-Daddy" and am going to have onion rings!

The batter I made is basically from a pancake mix with some "secret" spices and seasonings.

Hope it doesn't hurt.
    Much.

Best,
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    1628 times

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn
    Like you know your coffee's Scott, we know our tea's. Earl Grey tea is a Chinese tea, and like all Chinese tea's they are much lighter. I prefer Indian tea which is stronger, but usually its the every day tea that we drink.
    What would be a proper tea to drink for breakfast?

Best,
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?

gb
    Nov 2007
    22 times

Well over here Scott we have a special blend called "breakfast tea" but if you are looking for something that is similar in the US, I would go for "assam tea". It's an Indian tea and just about right....well for me anyhow. Try experimenting with some different types, but as I said before Chinese tea is a little to weak for me. I don't really go in for these other flavoured tea's like green tea, or peppermint tea, although on reflection a peppermint tea would be ok if you have any stomach problems. It's just if you like it or not, either way I do think tea has alot less caffeine in it, and could possibly be better for you with your ulcer problem. I really think it's what you have been used to drinking. As you know we are more of a tea Country, but coffee drinking is becoming more popular, especially with Starbucks opening up over here.

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    1628 times

If I'm going to drink tea, I want the strongest available. Just my preference.

Best,
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?

us
    Jan 2007
    Ohio

Last night my brother invited us to his place for dinner, we had chicken breasts on the grill, peas, green beans and the best corn I've had all winter because it was blanched and frozen last fall. I didn't know he had it so now I've got a source to buy/barter it or talk him out of it with my brotherly love.

gb
    Nov 2007
    22 times

Last night my brother invited us to his place for dinner, we had chicken breasts on the grill, peas, green beans and the best corn I've had all winter because it was blanched and frozen last fall. I didn't know he had it so now I've got a source to buy/barter it or talk him out of it with my brotherly love.

It's great to be able to deep freeze garden stuff when they are at there freshest.
    We had roast chicken, cabbage, and peas, with some new potatoes for dinner today, really enjoyed it as well.

Charter Member
    us
    The Lord Has Risen

May 2005
    Cherokee Strip
    Cibola
    75 times

Brotherly love ? Ok ..... I dont know tonight i am munching now then going to Life group (church) if we eat ok if not I got a pork chop thawed an stuff for scaleped potatoes.
    This is the day the Lord hath made we shall rejoice and be glad in it!

us
    Jan 2007
    Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Mental Granny
    Brotherly love ? Ok ..... I dont know tonight i am munching now then going to Life group (church) if we eat ok if not I got a pork chop thawed an stuff for scaleped potatoes.
    Brotherly love is when I promise to help work on his car the next time it breaks down, or I throw up the last time I worked on it when it broke down.

That's what Brothers do right?

Charter Member
    us
    The Lord Has Risen

May 2005
    Cherokee Strip
    Cibola
    75 times

LOL!
    This is the day the Lord hath made we shall rejoice and be glad in it!

Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

Sponsors