OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, another semester is facing me, so, in light of being a poor college student, I have for your enjoyment tonight a ramen meal prepared with additions and crackers as a side....

We'll get through this, my friends.

My best,
Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are your memories of when you first learned to cook "What's For Dinner?"

Being able to use a knife and evenly spread peanut butter on a slice of bread at 5 years old? Like me?

Maybe pulling a kitchen chair over to the stove to be able to see over the top and help your Mom by stirring the gravy or keeping an eye on the vegtables simmering on a back burner at 7 years old. Like me.

It all is about learning how to use spices and seasonings after that!

Got any good recipes?

I'll share.....

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, I had a small financial windfall...

beauty contest.jpg

and decided at the grocery store for this lineup: "Shake & Bake" whole cut up chicken (meaning that I bought a whole chicken and cut it up myself. Cheaper that way...) mashed potatoes and pan gravy, green beans, sliced cucumbers, bread and butter and sweet tea. Dessert? Hmmm...maybe a banana, a chocholate bar and a glass of milk.

My Best,
Scott

PS. PICTURES on 11:00 News!

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bit before 11:00, but here's the picture...

IM004223.JPG

Best,
Scott

PS. Being single but cooking for two means that I have a great luch tomorrow!

{Later...}
PSS. I wrecked that meal! It was delicious!​

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gonna shock your thorouvian system there! Got to now and then i guess,prove there is a little savage left in all of us.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna shock your thorouvian system there! Got to now and then i guess,prove there is a little savage left in all of us.

I am in harmony with MY concept of Thoreau...my respect and love of nature and a simpler way of life.
The Savagery comes latent, in the brain; from the reptilian implant, the inherant desire for survival.
Some exhibit these traits to extreme, ie. dominance.
Why? Go figure.

I'm just glad to have a tasty dinner and I hope that you have the same!

Best Wishes,
Scott

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Applause,applause. I,ll take a little GW.Sears with my walden,Leapold and others too. All saw change and past and evolution with man kind lagging behind. Funny ,get out for a while and while nature seldom quiet,returning to "civilization" always jangles the nerves. Seems noise our speciality. Ribs early tonight,better than last nights half a bagel ,two cookies and piece of pizza. Ya,id ego super ego. Being able to make do enough. The rest is to temporary. Share knowledge with those who seek it and by the time what little put to use bears fruit your pretty much out of the picture. But will have done something for your kind. Have a good un.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I made my own pizza dough, made sauce w/ tomatoes & basil from my garden, fresh mozzarella, & sprinkled w/ parm & hot chili flakes. experimenting with pizza dough recipe. good, but will have to keep working at it. I froze the dough that was left over (I make small pizzas) so I can have some when my daughter comes home.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made my own pizza dough, made sauce w/ tomatoes & basil from my garden, fresh mozzarella, & sprinkled w/ parm & hot chili flakes. experimenting with pizza dough recipe. good, but will have to keep working at it. I froze the dough that was left over (I make small pizzas) so I can have some when my daughter comes home.

Mamabear,
Gotta love culinary experimentations...How better to create new and tasty dishes!

Why, just tonight, I feel my creative juices flowing! (left-overs in mind...)

I mixed leftover sausage from Sunday breakfast with some hamburger and cooked it in a pot.
Removimg the grease, I decided upon a new dish!

I added to the pot 20-30 fennel seeds, oregeno, garlic powder, chopped onion and a healthy pinch of crushed pepper mix of my own creation. (4 different dried peppers includind habenero....)
I call it "fire." And other "secret ingredients...."

The results of such endeavors is the possibility of a new food style;.....

I put the ingredients of the cook pot into regular corn-based tortillas, on top of a smear of heated refried beans, then added generous handfuls of mozzarella cheese sprinkled before being slathered with spaghetti sauce.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I Present to you the original blueprint for the "Italian Taco!"

How close is this to a "Pizza Taco?"

S'cuse me while I retreat to my "running ideas" state of "mind."

Stay Tuned to this Channel because, well, Y'all will never know what you might read next! LOL!

Post YOUR Experiments!

Always,
My Best Wishes!
Scott

PS,
And.....the results of your "experiments?..."

PSS. The results of tonight's experiment with "What's For Dinner?"

The prototype of this collaboration of mexican and italian spices proved to be as compatible as Clint Eastwood in an Italian Western! In other words, we may have a winner here....

Anyway, be creative! Holidays approach......

PSSS.
Academic Study be happenin' here!
Shucks...
Can't y'all see i'm just goofin' off?

:occasion14:

Last edited:

wavecrazed

Jul 21, 2009
Orlando FLorida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Excallibur 1000, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight's the nite! Can of Hormel chili from Walgreens, Large candy bar for desert. The big flat kind. A pint of Moose trax ice cream. Then some cheap Merlot to wash it down with. Cheers

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight's the nite! Can of Hormel chili from Walgreens, Large candy bar for desert. The big flat kind. A pint of Moose trax ice cream. Then some cheap Merlot to wash it down with. Cheers

Dang that all sounds pretty good...can I bring some cheap beer?

My best,

(Tomorrow? Left-overs?)
Scott

PS.
Never be content; Always hunger, my Friends...

Contentment is the first.
Real.
Step
of
Death...

Eat well and be healthy, my Friends. And stay hungry!

Disclaimer:
Some brain cells may have been killed in the production of this post....(crap. Not again....)
We regret any perceived loss...;

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hot dog sandwich on a small Italian slices. College next week for kid. Told me ramen area in store has been expanded. Also mentioned spaghetti someone heated in coffee pot. I have seen an old electric coffee pot filled with water with a can of soup heated each workday. Hot by lunch time.
Applied knowledge most retained?.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Tonight,spam and cheese on remnants of Italian loaf. Starvation ration or sin full desire?
Tonights dinner thought, what percentage of average persons day consists of original thought?

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight,spam and cheese on remnants of Italian loaf. Starvation ration or sin full desire?
Tonights dinner thought, what percentage of average persons day consists of original thought?

My Friend,
Your Dinner sounds good enough to attend.

Tonight, as usual, on Sunday night, I clean the fridge and either throw away or eat. I hate to throw away....

When all is said and done, I prepare fresh ramen. MY special recipe, and including many various condiments...
and decide from the bowels of the fridge, what will provide additions to my dinner and what is compost....

Eat Safely, my Friends; there's word on the street of bad 'possum goin' 'round under the 3rd St. Bridge....

Thus, my intentions of the "original thought."
What percentage? I opt for 100%
It's merely a matter of choices based upon finances and/or circumstances....
When hunger triumphs, who will not become a cannibal?
Those are the jokers to keep an eye on...

Best,
Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't eaten any 'possum lately, (although that squirrel just run over would have been a decent dinner) but have been sick all weekend.

Perhaps just a late summer cold or an affliction related to stress of academics, I have been suffering from a sore throat, constant coughing and a feeling of an "Achy-Breaky" body.

My appetite though has not diminished. However, my sense of taste has. I am able to easily eat the hottest peppers on the ole "Scott" ranch without sweating or any reactions. Also, I have cravings for unusual combinations, of which I will not elaborate upon....

Suffice it to be that I report the consumption of normal preparations of broth, soups and light fare in anticipation of the return to my onery old self.
My friends report favorable results with sage, eucalyptus elixors and various other poultices....Ummm...well, ummmm...yuck!

My Best,
Scott

Last edited:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, I think I would be scared to eat at your places. my husband made chili from cleaning out the fridge this was before we were married, made me seriously reconsider his proposal. so if you gonna make dinner from cleaning out the fridge, make sure you don't ask your sweetie over for dinner. at least not until you have tasted it & lived to see the next day.
AU I love ramen. I add garlic, ginger, chinese hot pot mix, & as many vegies as my pot will hold. sometimes I add shrimp, chicken, or when I'm living high on the hog, last nights steak. another fave is miso w/ vegies. ummmm

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good ole parmesan chicken

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I think I would be scared to eat at your places. my husband made chili from cleaning out the fridge this was before we were married, made me seriously reconsider his proposal. so if you gonna make dinner from cleaning out the fridge, make sure you don't ask your sweetie over for dinner. at least not until you have tasted it & lived to see the next day.
AU I love ramen. I add garlic, ginger, chinese hot pot mix, & as many vegies as my pot will hold. sometimes I add shrimp, chicken, or when I'm living high on the hog, last nights steak. another fave is miso w/ vegies. ummmm

Mamabear,
You just proved why I love you! I had never considered adding ginger to my ramen recipes. That leads to a whole 'nother level of deliciousness! Will be in my next ramen preperation!

Umm...
Can I come over for your next dinner? I'll bring my own plate. And silverware. OK! I'll help do dishes!
CAN I COME?
Huh? Pleaz?
lolcatsdotcoma8o0hang8u9akpmn.jpg
(a "red-headed" step child?)

Best,
Scott​

Last edited:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
AU I would gladly have you over for dinner & I wouldn't even make you wash the dishes! tip for cooking with ginger? buy fresh ginger root (in produce section) freeze it whole when you want to use it grate frozen & use! It is easy & tasty, & it doesn't go bad in the freezer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions