OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to my favorite local supermarket today and picked up a bag of rice, some fresh bean sprouts by the handful,
tiger shrimp by a smaller handful, and some ginger root.

Went home and used other items in the fridge like thin sliced carrots, radishes substituting for water chestnuts and, what I hope will be the right spices....

Mamabear,
I thank you for the suggestions regarding ginger... Time to "speriment."

I have made this meal many times before, ramen based, but,
without the addition of the unique taste of ginger;
Well, I'll have to adjust the spices normally used in these preperations.

I'm holding the ginger root and think, "OK, Let's do it like this...."

I sliced about 15 pieces of that ginger root paper-thin and once my rice was cooked and the shrimp mixture had coelesced into a bowlful, the rice was first into the serving bowl, followed by the shrimp mixture with the ginger slices on the side to "cleanse my palatte" when deemed necesarry.
Soy sauce of high quality right there....
That unique taste reminds me of eating sushi. I love sushi. I'm saving up the clad that I find metal detecting to go to my favorite restaurant.

Hope y'all have a great week!

My Best,
Scott

PS. What A fantastic dinner this turned out to be! ;-)

Dessert? Well, a coupla grilled cheese and peanut butter and banana sandwiches and vanilla ice cream! A tall glass of whole milk and I'm ready for bed...

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mamabear, the ginger was just the ticket!
I have used thin slices in tonight's dinner of mid-eastern cuisine.
Um...ok. It was ramen with ginger and mild curry.

Always be creative!
(It just might work...)

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH, SNAP! I found a twin pack of "pop tarts" in the back of the cabinet! Dessert is on!

Hope y'all are doin' OK.

My Best,
Scott

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red here, this is what we had for dinner! DSCF1972.JPG homemade bread DSCF1973.JPG zuchinni casserole, DSCF1974.JPG zuchinni/pineapple bread, DSCF1975.JPG homemade jam and chicken, there is no bread left now as it is one of Chug's big time favorite foods!:hello:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again, being poor, a college student and always looking for an invite for a meal or an event,
or an opening presentation to a local event touting a dinner for the right price,
I decide that my non-invitations result in my experimentations of recipes and dishes thatI know of.

I bought corn husks and all needed for tacos. (should have gotten cilantro....) Gonna play with wrapping ideas....
No worries, even if my "experiments" doesn't pan ourt, DINNER WAS SERVED!!!

As a matter of record, I have extra credit points available to me in my college course to attend a screening of a film.....AND A MEAL!

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, my Friends, tonight is a mushroom-swiss patty melt that's 4" tall and a double handful of seasoned french fries and sweet tea.
Dessert is as much sherbet as I want from a gallon container. {Exotic fruit medely...}

Hope all have a healthy and fulfilling meal tonight.

My Best Wishes,
Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's come down to this...I think that I have some peanut butter in a jar in the back of my cabinet.....
OH! HELL YES!! A pack of chicken ramen! Guess I'm lucky, compared to most.......

Please help your brothers and sisters AND the children to have a good meal tonight....
I'll share what I have.
How 'bout you?

Always,
My Best Wishes,
Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight, Friends, I looked for ramen and found none...
Tonight, it appears that it will be "skip-a-meal."
I'll probably wake up in the morning hungry...

Hope y'all ate well tonight...

Best,
Scott

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tonight is meatballs and spaghetti with crispy bread.

the meatballs are made from beef from Barb's cows (I helped her move a bunch of freezers and she gave me 10 lbs of ground beef, oh yea, I am set up)

the spaghetti is Muellers :)

the sauce is homemade from my garden ingredients

the bread is homemade from me! the butter to slap on is from the market :)

oh yea we eating good tonight! leftovers to follow of course next week

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kielbasa & sauerkraut! Yummm!

Mamabear,

[knocking at your door with my own plate and silverware, a sad looking face...... Have you enough for me?]

My Best Wishes,
Scott

PS. Ain't German weiners called "wurst" of some sort?

Last edited:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
backstrap, my fave! unless the deer is from sage brush country, then it's fresh liver w/ bacon & onions. all the sage they eat seasons the meat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions