Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mamabear said:
Coilygirl, sounds amazing, AU24K I'll meet ya there! for me it was homemade beef stew with garlic toast. Perfect for a cold night. My friends brother died so I am making sure she has good food to eat, she hates to cook, & stress & junk food are not conducive to good health so tonight it will be homemade minestroni & sourdough.

You've got it mamabear! That soup sounds good and what a nice thing to do for your friend.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll make Bell Pepper Steak, with good serloin beef, some soy sause, celery, onion and of course bell pepper. Add some water and black pepper and let simmer for about forty minutes. Thicken and serve over white rice. I'll add a biscuit to clean the plate and ice tea to cleanse the palate. Fresh baked cherry pie is a good way to finish off.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About time to resurrect this thread....

Summer cookouts loom and simple meals of the poor (me) are relevent....

Tonight, I'm having hot wings, home-made mac and cheese, mixed greens and sweet tea.

IM004456.JPG

For dessert, I'm planning on a strawberry milkshake! :hello2:

What are you having?

Best Wishes,

Scott​

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
This is catch all night. I am cooking and vacuum sealing for the MH freezer for my cache run next week. Lets see there's spaghetti and meatballs, Shake & bake porkers, a chicken salad, a tuna salad and rice pudding. Let's just say I sample as I cook. lol Frank...

Wine and coins.jpg

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make a pot of pasta, mixed with freshly picked wild ramps, and fiddleheads. Saute in olive oil with garlic, crushed pepper flakes, add pasta and serve with crusty bread and a good wine. Always good to serve food from Nature's Bounty, and it tastes good too!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mmmm,Mmm, red beans & rice with thai chili sauce! betcha can't beat that

You would be right too! Lean Cuisine night here,blech! I decided on a whim to buy a few but they are lame and not enough to eat in my opinion but thankfully we'll use them up soon.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coily;

Those processed foods....even if they say "lean quisene", are not good, playing on what they hope your mind perseves from the title. Your better off taking some fresh veggies, sliced carrots, celery, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, and if you like some summer squash and zucchini....saute' in some olive oil, with garlic, and some crushed red pepper flakes.....make some quick(miniute rice), add the rice to the veggies, heat through and serve, poor man's fried rice....complete meal in one pan.....Gary

PS...you could add some white meat chicken if desired.....Gary

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coily;

Those processed foods....even if they say "lean quisene", are not good, playing on what they hope your mind perseves from the title. Your better off taking some fresh veggies, sliced carrots, celery, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, and if you like some summer squash and zucchini....saute' in some olive oil, with garlic, and some crushed red pepper flakes.....make some quick(miniute rice), add the rice to the veggies, heat through and serve, poor man's fried rice....complete meal in one pan.....Gary

PS...you could add some white meat chicken if desired.....Gary
I'm in complete agreement with you there Gary.I can't stand processed foods,too much salt for one and not enough flavor. We bought these on a whim and are sorry we did.Your recipe sounds really good,especially the red pepper flakes and garlic.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Coily, I experiment with recipes all the time. The last one was an alfredo only I used buttermilk instead of just sour cream. , better for you not as fattening & gave it an amazing flavor. Also added fresh basil to it. Mine was vegetarian, but would be mighty good with chicken. ( and of course parmesan)

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coily, I experiment with recipes all the time. The last one was an alfredo only I used buttermilk instead of just sour cream. , better for you not as fattening & gave it an amazing flavor. Also added fresh basil to it. Mine was vegetarian, but would be mighty good with chicken. ( and of course parmesan)

Buttermilk Alfredo eh? Sounds very interesting. When I make mine (not very often anymore) I use 35percent heavy cream, Parm, chicken stock and dry white wine. I developed a signature Alfredo Sauce with smoked strip bacon, mushrooms, chicken and backbacon that many have enjoyed in the past.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On Wednesday evening I cooked up a nice Asian style stir fry with a sauce made from grilled pineapples, lite soya sauce, Thai fish sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, hoisen sauce, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, Thai chillies and some rice wine vinegar. The concoction was the served on a bed of rice vermicelli noodles with lime wedges and sambal (hot oriental chilli sauce) oleke on the side.
IMG_0002.JPG

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0014.JPG

Fresh seared and baked Salmon with all of the ingredients shown in the pictures, lightly steamed Broccoli and Basmati Rice on the side.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jumbo fresh shrimp in a Mango marmalade sauce, With fried rice. Tonite. Little cranberry wine for a wash.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight it's broiled chicken with mushroom sauce, mixed greens and of course r-i-c-e, not your standard white rice but wild rice, brown rice, red rice and black rice mixed in equal parts and cooked in rice cooker....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight it's broiled chicken with mushroom sauce, mixed greens and of course r-i-c-e, not your standard white rice but wild rice, brown rice, red rice and black rice mixed in equal parts and cooked in rice cooker....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Treasure Hunter, Friend,

I like the idea of mixed rice.
I've been experimenting with my rice preperations for sushi.

If I find a particular type of rice unsuitable, it goes into the rice jug.
The rice jug is two gallons.
I have 3-4 different types already in the mix.

Fortunately, I think that I've found that what I've searched for.

In addition to my sushi experiments, of late, I have the notorious college student menu including ramen, rice, beans and an occasional grilled cheese or peanut butter sammich. :thumbsup:

There's a sale on potatoes this weekend and I'd like to make some potato soup just to change it up.

I recently received a ramen cookbook sent to me by my Friends at the thread "Crispins Critters!"
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/everything-else/336722-crispin-s-critters-103.html

Best Wishes,

Scott

PS.
Thank You, Treasure Hunter, for the assistance that you have provided me of late! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight I tried that mango marmalade mixed with a peach marmalade on a pork tenderloin, First off I always cook pork solid frozen it keeps it so moist. Rapped it tight in Alum foil. Fresh sweet corn I had froze last month (Shucked) with a Italian Squash (Long with yellow and green stripes) So I'll call it Italian, forgot the name, Super sweet tasting. Wash semi sweet Blueberry cranberry wine.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finished off the Pork tenderloin (Barbeque style) Cut a head of cabbage in quarters 1/2 stick of real butter little salt and lemon pepper 1/4 teaspoon of German garlic wrapped tight in Foil, Asparagus steamed with Almonds. Wash with last years raspberry wine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mmmmm, looks good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions