Whats For Dinner?

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Re: What's For Dinner?

Father's Day meal. T-bones on the grill covered with mushrooms, baked taters with butter & chives.
Fresh ripe tomaters & Vidalia onions on the side. And a big glass of iced tea with lemon. Waiting for
awhile & then a nice slice of banana cream pie. Of course it's all low fat, low cholestoral, sugar-free.
:P
Happy Father's Day to all you Dads, pappies & grand pas out there.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

Tubecity said:
Father's Day meal. T-bones on the grill covered with mushrooms, baked taters with butter & chives.
Fresh ripe tomaters & Vidalia onions on the side. And a big glass of iced tea with lemon. Waiting for
awhile & then a nice slice of banana cream pie. Of course it's all low fat, low cholestoral, sugar-free.
:P
Happy Father's Day to all you Dads, pappies & grand pas out there.

Sounds like a fine meal, we had baked steak, creamed Lima's, mashed potato's/gravy, creamed corn, broccoli casserole, rolls, cole slaw, and cake, but I don't do sweets but my little ones sure do.

Happy Fathers Day!

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Baked steak?

Price of beef is way high here so had baked pork chops with mushroom gravy.
Spuds were getting mushy and rooting so had potato chips.
Half a candy bar for desert. (watching my diet.)

Grey

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

greydigger said:
Baked steak?

Price of beef is way high here so had baked pork chops with mushroom gravy.
Spuds were getting mushy and rooting so had potato chips.
Half a candy bar for desert. (watching my diet.)

Grey

Love pork and mushroom gravy, sounds great.

When we do baked steak we use round steak, one usually runs $3.99 to $4.99 and feeds 4-5 with one serving a pieceand We usually do 2 round steaks.

Sometime's if we don't have the cash we go to the freezer and use the deer steaks

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Well tonight had med rare pork steak with Marie Calendars frozen side dish.
Don't feel so good.
Think I'll have some Spagetti-os to calm my stomach.

Grey

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

With the Spagettios being recalled all of them that have been made for the last 5 years..... We hope to hear from you tonight after supper ! And Hope you didn't take any Tyenol or Benadryal both recalled also ! ;D

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.

Sounds like a fine meal, we had baked steak, creamed Lima's,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creamed limas ? I love lima beans & never had them creamed. Man, does that sound good.
Do you use a regular white sauce on them ?

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like tonight it's gonna be pulled pork BBQ sandwiches, Brunswick Stew, A big, Juicy Dill Pickle and a bowl of Ice Cream drizzled with chocolate syrup for dessert.

Best Wishes,
Scott

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

Gordon Food Service tater chips and a quart of fresh brewed iced green tea......NGE Wife just left to shopping.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A couple of day old corn tortillas toasted, and a chunk of Chuihuahua cheese, washed down by black Mexican hill coffee.

I just can't stand the screaming and crying from the veggies as I cut and broil them alive.

Don Jose de La Mancha

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

This thread is making me gain weight. :D

I read about all the good things you guys are eating and damit, I get hungry. :tongue3:

It's pot roast in gravy tonite. With rice and biscuits. :hello2: My wife makes the best pot roast. :thumbsup:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tonight was steak, baked potato with the trimmings, and fresh broccoli, followed by ice cold beer, yummy!!! :headbang:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Snack plate = Ritz Crackers, old world swiss cheese, spicy venison summer sausage, and a cold Pepsi.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WindHarvester said:
bigscoop said:
Grill'n basket: (has all the below in it)

union chunks
button mushrooms
apple slices
pineapple chunks
water chestnuts
bell pepper chunks
seedless grapes
Ekrich smoked sausage chunks
chicken breast chunks
individual baby pack rib sections

Put it all in the basket and smother with barbacue souce. Stir it around as needed, cook until meat starts to blacken a bit.
This is to die for! Everything has it's own unique flavor. Try it, you'll love it!

This sounds really good, I may have to give it a try, I may not have all ingredients so I might have to mix it up with a few substitutes.

I'm a big "finger food" eater, big meals slow me down too much. I always make enough for the frig as this stuff is even good cold. Let me know how you like it. Also great campground grub. :thumbsup:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm embarrassed to say it was (beef stroganoff) Hamburger helper with green beans on the side, cheesecake in a little while.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used

diggummup said:
I'm embarrassed to say it was (beef stroganoff) Hamburger helper with green beans on the side, cheesecake in a little while.

Nothing wrong with stroganoff and green beans. My wife makes homemane stoganoff. Try the green beans with Goya. Make sure it's the pork flavor. Two cans green beans and one pouch Goya. You'll never eat them any other way. :thumbsup:

Sketty tonite. :wink:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RPG said:
diggummup said:

Nothing wrong with stroganoff and green beans. My wife makes homemane stoganoff. Try the green beans with Goya. Make sure it's the pork flavor. Two cans green beans and one pouch Goya. You'll never eat them any other way. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: will do.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used

diggummup said:
RPG said:
diggummup said:

:thumbsup: will do.

Best green beans you'll ever eat. Works great with any veggie. It's a substitute for salt pork. If you like turnip greens, you'll like them even more with Goya. Make sure you get the box with the pig on it. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread