Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
State Treasurer's Office shows off abandoned property up for auction on eBay

beginning Saturday

-e9d62694c14a06f3_large.jpg

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/state_treasurers_office_shows.html

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: State Treasurer's Office shows off abandoned property up for auction on eBay

I was wondering where my stuff ended up!!!!!!!!!

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Re: State Treasurer's Office shows off abandoned property up for auction on eBay

Amazing how every state is so quick to seize your "abandoned" property if you don't visit it regularly. They can't ever find you even though you are in the phone book and still living at the address on the rental card. Then they sell it for rock bottom prices and if you don't contact them before the deadline you don't even get that pittance. Most times you hear about it from a third party who wants 35% of what's left to tell you who has your money. That's the sort of crap that causes folks to bury their money. I know cases where they pulled this even though the box rent was current. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yes it is odd how they can find you
if you owe back taxes, or are guilty
of a federal crime, but have no idea
where you are when they have
something of yours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread