Anyone get stomach aches from eating hot dogs?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

lincha

Feb 27, 2007
Iowa
What did you put on the hotdogs? Seriously 4 is to many, any vegetables to go with it?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only 4 and just plain, no way you should be sick. I normally have 3-4 on buns, with sauerkraut, relish, mustard and ketchup.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will you risk your Health on the response from us?
Go see a Medical Doctor.
One visit might save your life.

Mike

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
If anyone wants to know my stats I weigh 123lbs and I am 5'3 and since the past year I have been having lots and lots of stress trying to get my AA and a couple of certificates. I have a 3.7gpa right now. I am on my last 4 or 5 quarters until I graduate with an AA in Technical Support. Wonder if the combination of stress and too much sodium is it? I get stomach aches every time I eat 3 or more plain hot dogs. I already talked to my doctor and they said maybe too much sodium. What do you think?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI: I have developed the habit of wiping the outside of all dogs first, since most are covered with a film of - don't ask - materiel that is easily, and probably is, contaminated. I realize that it isn't complete, but it seems to cut down the over load to the point that my body easily handles it.

Under perfect sanitary conditions ang correct refrigeration, this wouldn't be necessary, but -----!

Don Jose de La Mancha

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Hot dogs -
I think they skin the creature, cut all the saleable steaks, roasts, etc. off and drop the rest into a giant blender. Yes you get eyelids, and other orifices.
I try not to remember that when eating a good chili dog.
Most native peoples used all of an animal.

(Now I can't get that Oscar Meyer song out of my head).

Grey

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats why I make my own deer dogs. Oscar Meyer aint got $h*t on me... :headbang:..Mine is all natural, like others said If only you knew what goes into those weenies, your gut would hurt worse, just from thinking of it.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I can't eat those 'cheap' hot dogs without getting a little queazy in the stomach. But better brands like
Ball Park all beef or better yet Hebrew National & old-style home-made from the old time butcher shop
don't cause any problems. Supposedly, hot dogs are broken down in grades of quality from, 'hot dogs
to weiners to franks by the amount of whatever 'parts' are added. I think hot dogs are at the bottom,
weiners next & franks being all beef & more expensive. I'm not sure so don't quote me, I surely don't
want to be labeled as a weiner expert. :D

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This wouldn't happen if you ate Hebrew Nationals ,the best hot dog out there today. :hello2:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hotdogs = ..... icon_poop.gif

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
Hotdogs = .....
You can bet if it aint made with your 2 hands its probly got some of that in it too.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
Detectingfreak said:
Hello everyone!

I ate 4 hot dogs today with no buns because thats the way I like them, and I now have some major stomach aches and I have to go number two every so often. Could I be eating too much sodium in one sitting? I am not allergic to processed meat because I eat vienna sausages just fine with no problems.

If they're loaded with fat, that alone would make them run right through you. You might have to change the way you cook them to drain out more of the grease.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
The Hebrew Nationals are pretty good.
Hard to find some with pork in them for flavor.

(I still have my "wiener whistle" from 1964 given to me by some fellow in a hot dog shaped truck.)

Grey

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I sympathise with you .... Drank 37 draft beers one afternoon/evening and ate a hot dog :
That sumagun liked to have killed me for two days afterward :notworthy:

jayallday14

Jul 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Excal 1000
Who is afraid of a hot dog?? After years of running around with SERE guys, I have eaten things that would make a billy goat sick, and make Bear Grylls say yum!! Personally I think its the sodium content. Granted some parts of animals seem disgusting and arent a normal part of most peoples diet, they do contain nutrients and certain enzymes that are beneficial.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions