Google Sandbox. Anyone in business for themselves?

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Google seems to be the bible of search engines these days. And, to be on the first page for search results is a blessing (for obvious reasons of course). For anyone that has built a web page and tried to focus their web site toward 'key words', they :headbang:know all to much how difficult it is for placement on page 1 of google. There has been, for a long time, and unsung rule that you are in the sand box of google for an "x" amount of time, before google actually takes you seriously. This is essence, means that if you just post your website selling "diamond rings" (which is a big key-word), you'll not be taken seriously and be put at the very back of the line. But, I actually agree with this to some extent, because you wouldn't wan't to be taken by a fly by night jewelry dealer.

This week, to be exact, was my 1 year mark for being online. And low behold, I am now on page 1 of google, as of this week, from the a few weeks ago of being on page 14, (and just starting out of being online a year ago, on page 30).

This week truly seems like a blessing. I've heard that the 'sandbox' can last 6 months, but I'm now thinking it's exactly 1 year.

Also, BTW, for anyone that's doing their own business, "keywords" are 'key' for any search engine. In fact, I see a lot of sites I do business with on a weekly basis (2k a week), that has absolutely no search engine strategy at all and they've been online for many years (very low business).

So, hind sight is 20/20. Get your sight 'keyword' specific, and make money. it might take a year from when you first introduced your site to world wide web, but it will work if your ducks are inline.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread