OP
OP
rvosburg

rvosburg

Apr 27, 2010
Lakeland La.
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 coil, 6X10 DD Eclipse
Been awhile since I was on this site, but to answer your question, No I never got anything and I never heard a peep from the jerk. I've given up and all I can say is that I hope he gets his in the end.......

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rvosburg said:
Been awhile since I was on this site, but to answer your question, No I never got anything and I never heard a peep from the jerk. I've given up and all I can say is that I hope he gets his in the end.......

Did you at least get the charge reversed on your card?

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
rvosburg said:

Thanks for the answer, Sorry you got ripped, but at least the rest of us knows NOT to deal with this thief...............see ya mark

OP
OP
rvosburg

rvosburg

Apr 27, 2010
Lakeland La.
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 coil, 6X10 DD Eclipse
To be honest with you, no, on the credit card. I called them once about a month after I placed the order and after what seemed like a half hour of going through the automated messages and finally getting the "please hold for the next avilable representative" I stayed on hold for I dont know how long and hung up. I have been having some tuff medical issues and that seems to have put everything else on the "not so important list" if you know what I mean. Some things can sure change your outlook on life real fast. So hopefully eveything will work out OK for me and I can get on with my life and I will just ckalk this up to experience.

DirtyMike

Feb 10, 2009
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time just go to the source. George Lesche... He is a great guy! And owner of Predator Tools. By the way not only friendly and honest but a heck of a digger!

http://predatortools.com/

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
RVOSBURG--
Don't just give up. That's what this jerk is hoping for. Contact the Attorney General in his state. That will get his attention.

cddz75

Greenie
Dec 30, 2010
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Current:
CTX 3030, CF77, XP Deus, Compadre

Previous:
Etrac, G2, T2, DMC II-B, Sovereign GT, Garret Infinium, BH 505
Anyone hear anything from this guy lately. I too have placed an order a week ago with not a word on shipping. My CC has not been billed yet. However, knowing that my info is floating around in his shop worries me. I also noticed this guy states a 20% restocking fee on orders over 12 hours old. Wish I would have researched his company before ordering a thing from him. :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

Edit:
He retrurned my calls today, guess I did not think of the weather they just had up there. I recently had my CC info stolen and I am very leary when it comes to online purchasing. I do not think the guy is trying to scam anyone, or ever did. I think he is a big time family guy(not a bad thing), and at times he lets his customer service take the hit. I am actually surprised he returned my call after the message I left him. I know I would not want to talk to someone that angry. I will make it a point from here on out to call him before making an order from him. Hopefully the item I ordered is shipped today or tomorrow as he said.

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
I don't know I'm just glad I didn't order anything from him. If I was rvosberg I would get ahold of the FBI internet division if the cc company wont kill the charge because it is tech. a internet crime I know it sounds drastic but the way I look at it whither it's 5.00 or 5 thousand dollars It's hard earned money even if it's charged to a CC we still have to pay it off plus the interest and in todays day and age every penny counts.
Just my .02
drewan

cddz75

Greenie
Dec 30, 2010
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Current:

Previous:
Well, it's been two days since he said he would ship. No shipping email....... wonder if he will reply to my email this time?

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
fat chance. if you want to throw your money away, throw it my way. LOL

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone thought of going to the source? Howz bout giving Lesche a call. Let them know what's going on, and how it's making lesche look like they're in bed with a scheister. Being they're his supplier and this guy is tarnishing their image they might be able to lend a helping hand. Let them know you'll never buy one of their tools and you'll do everything you can to disuade anyone else from buying one. Especially with the current economy I would assume loosing sales would be a big deal for any company.

I've done this a few times over the years. I make it sound like I'm so fed up I'm going to buy the competitors merchandise because they have honest distributors. On one occasion, I received the part I needed free of charge from the distributor with the generic form "We're very sorry" letter. They weren't aware the bum I was dealing with had so many customers POed. Another lost their distributorship. Sometimes you gotta jump the chain of command & go to the top, & open their eyes to get the job done.

On another note...... Gold N Detectors! Have been there many times over the years and done business with them. Don't think you can say a bad word about these guys! They always go a little above & beyond. And always have time to pass on good info, help & general chit chat.

cddz75

Greenie
Dec 30, 2010
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Current:

Previous:
9 working days (according to his store hours) and still nothing. I am going to make phone calls to his suppliers. I have shipped at least a dozen orders up that way since I spoke to him last Wednesday and he used the weather as an excuse. They all arrived on time with no delay. :BangHead: :BangHead:

P.S. Was this email too harsh?

Checking with you again on the status of this order. When I spoke to you on the phone you said you would ship it last week. If it is not a stocked item, why do you have it listed as in stock? I am not sure how much longer I can remain patient before I start making calls to the attorney generals office and to your suppliers. The weather excuse worked until you did not ship when you stated. I have shipped at least a dozen orders to your area since our conversation last Wednesday, all have been delivered on time. The thing that bothers me is that you have my credit card information stored in your server. If you have this blatant disregard to customer service, how can I be sure of the security of your website database? You also state a 20% restock fee on orders canceled after 12 hours! That is not enforceable if you do not have the item in stock. You can not accept payment information from someone if you have no means to ship the product purchased, without prior consent from the customer. And since I had no communication with you, after many many attempts, it is Void ab initio. I still want what I ordered. I will accept no further excuses from you, only the product I ordered. I expect my order to be fulfilled tomorrow(9 working days later according to your website). If you do not have this item in stock, have it directly shipped from Sunray. I will speak with Ralph tomorrow to verify.

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know someone who had a problem with them and never received his item.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No your email is very polite but, firm to the point professional and bussiness like ! It looks great !

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would've added that if I didn't receive either a refund or the item I ordered by the 10th or 12th day, I'm contacting an attorney. Then I would follow through on it. There are tons of attorneys out there that offer free consultations. Shouldn't be too expensive to have them make a call to the guy to help resolve this.

Make sure you save copies of ALL emails & responses! If possible record any conversations with this guy. Rule # 1 Document, document, document. A pocket recorder with a drop out relay costs less than $40 at RAT SHACK (hint). If you need help with setting this up PM me.

cddz75

Greenie
Dec 30, 2010
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Current:

Previous:
I have decided to cancel the order and get the pouch directly from Ralph. I will dispute any charges on my credit card. I can't believe this guy is still a White's and Minelab dealer. I don't have time to deal with people like TC Metal Detectors. I'd rather be out dirt fishing....... is it spring yet?

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are so many more reputable dealers out there than T.C. Metal Detectors. I will never buy from him again because he's full of excuses.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cddz75 said:
I have decided to cancel the order and get the pouch directly from Ralph. I will dispute any charges on my credit card. I can't believe this guy is still a White's and Minelab dealer. I don't have time to deal with people like TC Metal Detectors. I'd rather be out dirt fishing....... is it spring yet?

If you can, make every attempt to report him to BBB in both your locale and his. Also any service that tracks guys like this and the distributors he uses. Most of these guys count on people giving up & going away. They really don't care until they start losing distributors & get a blackeye or two. Doing this, will help the detecting community as a whole. Some newbies may be saved from thinking ALL detector dealers are like this bum. Hint: make up some small (business card size) copies of his ad or if you have one of his business cards, draw the red cross circle do not sign on them. Carry them with you for opportunities when you meet someone interested in detecting. Hand em one of the cards & tell them to stay away from this guy and explain, then steer em to a dealer who gave you excellent service. Two things are accomplished both dealers get the recognition they deserve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread