Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A word of CAUTION about T.C. Metal Detectors

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2010
    Central Ohio
    Current: CTX 3030, CF77, XP Deus, Compadre Previous: Etrac, G2, T2, DMC II-B, Sovereign GT, Garret Infinium, BH 505

Re: A word of CAUTION about T.C. Metal Detectors

Well, it's been two days since he said he would ship. No shipping email....... wonder if he will reply to my email this time?

us
    DFCA

Dec 2006
    Kansas
    XP DEUS
    48 times
    Banner Finds (1)

fat chance. if you want to throw your money away, throw it my way. LOL

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2328 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Has anyone thought of going to the source? Howz bout giving Lesche a call. Let them know what's going on, and how it's making lesche look like they're in bed with a scheister. Being they're his supplier and this guy is tarnishing their image they might be able to lend a helping hand. Let them know you'll never buy one of their tools and you'll do everything you can to disuade anyone else from buying one. Especially with the current economy I would assume loosing sales would be a big deal for any company.

I've done this a few times over the years. I make it sound like I'm so fed up I'm going to buy the competitors merchandise because they have honest distributors. On one occasion, I received the part I needed free of charge from the distributor with the generic form "We're very sorry" letter. They weren't aware the bum I was dealing with had so many customers POed. Another lost their distributorship. Sometimes you gotta jump the chain of command & go to the top, & open their eyes to get the job done.

On another note...... Gold N Detectors! Have been there many times over the years and done business with them. Don't think you can say a bad word about these guys! They always go a little above & beyond. And always have time to pass on good info, help & general chit chat.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

us
    Dec 2010
    Central Ohio
    Current: CTX 3030, CF77, XP Deus, Compadre Previous: Etrac, G2, T2, DMC II-B, Sovereign GT, Garret Infinium, BH 505

9 working days (according to his store hours) and still nothing. I am going to make phone calls to his suppliers. I have shipped at least a dozen orders up that way since I spoke to him last Wednesday and he used the weather as an excuse. They all arrived on time with no delay.

P.S. Was this email too harsh?

Checking with you again on the status of this order. When I spoke to you on the phone you said you would ship it last week. If it is not a stocked item, why do you have it listed as in stock? I am not sure how much longer I can remain patient before I start making calls to the attorney generals office and to your suppliers. The weather excuse worked until you did not ship when you stated. I have shipped at least a dozen orders to your area since our conversation last Wednesday, all have been delivered on time. The thing that bothers me is that you have my credit card information stored in your server. If you have this blatant disregard to customer service, how can I be sure of the security of your website database? You also state a 20% restock fee on orders canceled after 12 hours! That is not enforceable if you do not have the item in stock. You can not accept payment information from someone if you have no means to ship the product purchased, without prior consent from the customer. And since I had no communication with you, after many many attempts, it is Void ab initio. I still want what I ordered. I will accept no further excuses from you, only the product I ordered. I expect my order to be fulfilled tomorrow(9 working days later according to your website). If you do not have this item in stock, have it directly shipped from Sunray. I will speak with Ralph tomorrow to verify.

us
    Jul 2010
    SS of MA.
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
    88 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I know someone who had a problem with them and never received his item.

us
    The Lord Has Risen

May 2005
    Cherokee Strip
    Cibola
    92 times

No your email is very polite but, firm to the point professional and bussiness like ! It looks great !
    This is the day the Lord hath made we shall rejoice and be glad in it!

us
    Jun 2006
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2328 times

I think I would've added that if I didn't receive either a refund or the item I ordered by the 10th or 12th day, I'm contacting an attorney. Then I would follow through on it. There are tons of attorneys out there that offer free consultations. Shouldn't be too expensive to have them make a call to the guy to help resolve this.

Make sure you save copies of ALL emails & responses! If possible record any conversations with this guy. Rule # 1 Document, document, document. A pocket recorder with a drop out relay costs less than $40 at RAT SHACK (hint). If you need help with setting this up PM me.

us
    Dec 2010
    Central Ohio

I have decided to cancel the order and get the pouch directly from Ralph. I will dispute any charges on my credit card. I can't believe this guy is still a White's and Minelab dealer. I don't have time to deal with people like TC Metal Detectors. I'd rather be out dirt fishing....... is it spring yet?

us
    Apr 2007
    Cullman, AL
    Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
    7 times

There are so many more reputable dealers out there than T.C. Metal Detectors. I will never buy from him again because he's full of excuses.
    Work hard,  play hard!

us
    Jun 2006
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2328 times

Quote Originally Posted by cddz75
    I have decided to cancel the order and get the pouch directly from Ralph. I will dispute any charges on my credit card. I can't believe this guy is still a White's and Minelab dealer. I don't have time to deal with people like TC Metal Detectors. I'd rather be out dirt fishing....... is it spring yet?
    If you can, make every attempt to report him to BBB in both your locale and his. Also any service that tracks guys like this and the distributors he uses. Most of these guys count on people giving up & going away. They really don't care until they start losing distributors & get a blackeye or two. Doing this, will help the detecting community as a whole. Some newbies may be saved from thinking ALL detector dealers are like this bum. Hint: make up some small (business card size) copies of his ad or if you have one of his business cards, draw the red cross circle do not sign on them. Carry them with you for opportunities when you meet someone interested in detecting. Hand em one of the cards & tell them to stay away from this guy and explain, then steer em to a dealer who gave you excellent service. Two things are accomplished both dealers get the recognition they deserve.

us
    Oct 2011

I FOUND THE GUY, http://whiteselectronics.com
    Owner: Tony Cwikla
    Phone: 860-844-1218
    Email: capaction@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by rvosburg
    I really HATE to bad mouth somebody but feel I have ran out of options.. On April 27, I placed an internet order with T.C. Metal Detectors (53 Hartford Ave, Granby Ct.) for a 40" lesche ground shark, and immediately got back an order confirmation #. The next day I called and spoke to Tony to ask a question about my order. He said that he was busy and did not have time to talk so he took my # and said he would call me back the next day. NEVER HEARD FROM HIM. A week late I still haven't received my order so I call back.....Same thing, He said he did not have time to talk, took my name, number and order # and said he would call me back tomorrow. NEVER HEARD FROM HIM. A few days later I still had not received my order so I sent him an email....NEVER GOT A RESPONSE. The next day I call him back and never get an answer so I left a message with my name,number and order number and asked for him to return my call. STILL NO RESPONSE. It has now been 20 days since I have placed my order with T.C. Metal Detectors of Granby Ct. and I am still waiting for Tony to call me back....Oh yea, I still have not got the item that I ordered from this outstanding company, so you people might want to think twice about ever doing business with Tony....... I thought I would feel better after venting, but I don't.

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    139 times
    eating

I think just about everyone has had a dealing with this fellow one time or another. My experience was a coil he had on his website. I paid by Visa and was promised fast delivery. After waiting 5-6 weeks and after 3 or 4 phone calls he finally told me that coil was no longer being made. He refunded my payment and that was that.

He was a nice enough guy but so many excuses. I figure he had little stock and had to depend on others to ship the goods.
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

I would call that guy every hour of the day I was awake right until he refunded my money. What irritates me just as much as giving up! Teach him a lesson, call his suppliers, just don't lay down and take it.

us
    Dec 2011
    Metal Detecting

I wish I had seen this before I placed my order there.Waited a week and they never billed my card.No email,no phone call to let me know about my order.Called and left a message and also emailed them.told them to cancel my order in no uncertain terms.Only then did I get an email with a bunch of excuses.Said they tried to email me.Lie.Custermer service on a scale of 1-10 is a ZERO. Ill never place an order with this bunch again,and would advise anyone to think twice about doing buisness with them.After reading these posts I lost no time in trying to cancel my order.

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
    84 times
    Banner Finds (2)

I ordered a cable on the 29th of Dec 2011 so far i haven't received any thing nor was my bank charged with the amount ? at least i was not charged i tried calling when i do get a dial tone again something is up .

TC Metal Detectors
    Order # 002999 Print | Close Window
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:28:00 AM,

Payment Information Payment Method
    Credit Card : (not shown)
    Comment :

Order Qty Part No Name Options Price Total
    1 S-1 SUPER TARGET PROBE 12" Extension Cable S-1 SUPER TARGET PROBE 12" Extension Cable $16.95 $16.95
    Sub Total: $16.95
    Shipping Type: UPS
    Shipping: $0.00
    Tax: $0.00
    Total: $16.95

If Mother Earth give,s us precious metals like gold silver copper and iron why leave them in the ground to disappear forever , dig them out and save History !!

4-12-2011 Retired from the Rat Race by Choice

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links