A word of CAUTION about T.C. Metal Detectors

Oct 7, 2011
I FOUND THE GUY, http://whiteselectronics.com
Owner: Tony Cwikla
Phone: 860-844-1218
Email: [email protected]

rvosburg said:
I really HATE to bad mouth somebody but feel I have ran out of options.. On April 27, I placed an internet order with T.C. Metal Detectors (53 Hartford Ave, Granby Ct.) for a 40" lesche ground shark, and immediately got back an order confirmation #. The next day I called and spoke to Tony to ask a question about my order. He said that he was busy and did not have time to talk so he took my # and said he would call me back the next day. NEVER HEARD FROM HIM. A week late I still haven't received my order so I call back.....Same thing, He said he did not have time to talk, took my name, number and order # and said he would call me back tomorrow. NEVER HEARD FROM HIM. A few days later I still had not received my order so I sent him an email....NEVER GOT A RESPONSE. The next day I call him back and never get an answer so I left a message with my name,number and order number and asked for him to return my call. STILL NO RESPONSE. It has now been 20 days since I have placed my order with T.C. Metal Detectors of Granby Ct. and I am still waiting for Tony to call me back....Oh yea, I still have not got the item that I ordered from this outstanding company, so you people might want to think twice about ever doing business with Tony....... I thought I would feel better after venting, but I don't.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I think just about everyone has had a dealing with this fellow one time or another. My experience was a coil he had on his website. I paid by Visa and was promised fast delivery. After waiting 5-6 weeks and after 3 or 4 phone calls he finally told me that coil was no longer being made. He refunded my payment and that was that.

He was a nice enough guy but so many excuses. I figure he had little stock and had to depend on others to ship the goods.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would call that guy every hour of the day I was awake right until he refunded my money. What irritates me just as much as giving up! Teach him a lesson, call his suppliers, just don't lay down and take it.

car39

Dec 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I had seen this before I placed my order there.Waited a week and they never billed my card.No email,no phone call to let me know about my order.Called and left a message and also emailed them.told them to cancel my order in no uncertain terms.Only then did I get an email with a bunch of excuses.Said they tried to email me.Lie.Custermer service on a scale of 1-10 is a ZERO. Ill never place an order with this bunch again,and would advise anyone to think twice about doing buisness with them.After reading these posts I lost no time in trying to cancel my order.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a cable on the 29th of Dec 2011 so far i haven't received any thing nor was my bank charged with the amount ? at least i was not charged :dontknow: i tried calling when i do get a dial tone again something is up .

TC Metal Detectors
Order # 002999 Print | Close Window
Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:28:00 AM,

Payment Information Payment Method
Credit Card : (not shown)
Comment :

Order Qty Part No Name Options Price Total
1 S-1 SUPER TARGET PROBE 12" Extension Cable S-1 SUPER TARGET PROBE 12" Extension Cable $16.95 $16.95
Sub Total: $16.95
Shipping Type: UPS
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $16.95

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really HATE to bad mouth somebody but feel I have ran out of options.. On April 27, I placed an internet order with T.C. Metal Detectors (53 Hartford Ave, Granby Ct.) for a 40" lesche ground shark, and immediately got back an order confirmation #. The next day I called and spoke to Tony to ask a question about my order. He said that he was busy and did not have time to talk so he took my # and said he would call me back the next day. NEVER HEARD FROM HIM. A week late I still haven't received my order so I call back.....Same thing, He said he did not have time to talk, took my name, number and order # and said he would call me back tomorrow. NEVER HEARD FROM HIM. A few days later I still had not received my order so I sent him an email....NEVER GOT A RESPONSE. The next day I call him back and never get an answer so I left a message with my name,number and order number and asked for him to return my call. STILL NO RESPONSE. It has now been 20 days since I have placed my order with T.C. Metal Detectors of Granby Ct. and I am still waiting for Tony to call me back....Oh yea, I still have not got the item that I ordered from this outstanding company, so you people might want to think twice about ever doing business with Tony....... I thought I would feel better after venting, but I don't.

I wish that I would have seen this post before I made a purchase from "Tony" AKA TC detectors. I ordered my gray ghost headphones from him 2 weeks ago and am having the same problem receiving my item. How would one cancel an order if you can't get a hold of the seller?

Last edited:

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish that I would have seen this post before I made a purchase from "Tony" AKA TC detectors. I ordered my gray ghost headphones from him 2 weeks ago and am having the same problem receiving my item. How would one cancel an order if you can't get a hold of the seller?

TC Metal Detectors
Order # 003266 Print | Close Window
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:34:00 PM

Payment Method :
Credit Card : (not shown)
Comment :
Order

Qty Part No Name Options Price Total
1 Gray Ghost Underwater Gray Ghost Underwater $135.00 $135.00
Sub Total: $135.00
Shipping Type: UPS
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $135.00

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tony never returned my 40.00 money order
that shyster....

Last edited:

bierbarrel

Apr 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see this thread has been around awhile. I bought a Lesche tool from him 9 days ago and nothing....cancelled the order and went elsewhere. I did talk to him on the phone last Friday. He said he was on vacation and would ship it out Monday....yeah right! At least my card has not been charged.

Dak

May 26, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter XL 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow he is local to me. Though I have never done business with him. I had intended to go visit him within the next few days to purchase a pointer. I plan to buy only if it is in stock after seeing these posts!

Corbs

Feb 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see this thread is quite old, but for what its worth, I called Tony and went to his shop this afternoon. After seeing the negative comments about him, I was kind of hesitant, but I am all for giving people a chance. I have been looking for an update to my Tracker 4, and decided to go with the Garret Ace 400. Tony has a modest business in his garage. I probably spent about 40 minutes talking, asking questions, and listening to a few of his detecting stories. He was very informative answering all of my questions completely. I am not doubting anyone's bad experience, but all I can say is that my experience was very positive. I would definitely recommend him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions