A word of CAUTION about T.C. Metal Detectors

rvosburg

Apr 27, 2010
Lakeland La.
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 coil, 6X10 DD Eclipse
I really HATE to bad mouth somebody but feel I have ran out of options.. On April 27, I placed an internet order with T.C. Metal Detectors (53 Hartford Ave, Granby Ct.) for a 40" lesche ground shark, and immediately got back an order confirmation #. The next day I called and spoke to Tony to ask a question about my order. He said that he was busy and did not have time to talk so he took my # and said he would call me back the next day. NEVER HEARD FROM HIM. A week late I still haven't received my order so I call back.....Same thing, He said he did not have time to talk, took my name, number and order # and said he would call me back tomorrow. NEVER HEARD FROM HIM. A few days later I still had not received my order so I sent him an email....NEVER GOT A RESPONSE. The next day I call him back and never get an answer so I left a message with my name,number and order number and asked for him to return my call. STILL NO RESPONSE. It has now been 20 days since I have placed my order with T.C. Metal Detectors of Granby Ct. and I am still waiting for Tony to call me back....Oh yea, I still have not got the item that I ordered from this outstanding company, so you people might want to think twice about ever doing business with Tony....... I thought I would feel better after venting, but I don't.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rvosburg said:
I really HATE to bad mouth somebody but feel I have ran out of options.. On April 27, I placed an internet order with T.C. Metal Detectors (53 Hartford Ave, Granby Ct.)

I ahte to be the bearer of bad news, but I wonder if there is even a building there and not a vacant lot :dontknow: For fun I went on google maps and there is no 360 for that area yet. Maybe because it is a rural area, but that would make me nervous. If it wasn't so far for me I would have driven by to see what the story was, but that place is in the middle of nowhere.

OP
OP
rvosburg

rvosburg

Apr 27, 2010
Lakeland La.
Detector(s) used
Well T.C. Metal Detectors sure has a nice big web site. Hopefully one day I will get a chance to go there myself and see Tony. Wouldn't that be a nice surprise for him!!!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe someone on here knows him an can answer whats going on for you! At least maybe get him to call !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do a google map search of that address it comes up as TC Detectors.

I have no idea what is going on with Tony at the moment, but I have made several purchases from Tony of TC Detectors in the past, including a new Sovereign GT, he has always been a very honest dealer.

rvosburg, since you made the purchase via the internet you paid for it via credit card correct, if so then you have the option to cancel the credit card purchase for the order through the credit card company if you so choose. Why not do that and look for it at another location?

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres been problems constantly with him on alot of other detecting sites as well..and its always the same problem.. lack of communication and lack of your purchased item.

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He runs the biz out of his home ...

Call the number at midnight or later and ask him where your product is ... ;D

I wound up calling the mfg. to see if he actually had my product on order ... yep he did BUT... he was waiting till he had enough orders to make his min. to get his discount ...

OK that's cool ... but just tell me the truth up front ... which was not the case ...

~ Al

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't buy nothin off the internet. Y'all go to Gold-n-Detectors in Golden Colorado and deal with a real person. One who has actually found treasure. That's a plug I guess, but I don't get paid for it. I should, or at least get a little discount.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have done business with Golden and he is very good also with Waynes out of Oklahoma City and Terry H/. who is retired I think out of Tulsa. All good men and no problem!

OP
OP
rvosburg

rvosburg

Apr 27, 2010
Lakeland La.
Detector(s) used
On the first call I made to him, before he told me he was too busy to talk, he told me that he had the item in stock and it would be shipped out the next day. That was 18 days ago. I will check tomorrow and see if my card has been charged, but after this long, it may be too late to have it canceled on my card. Guess I will find out. Was kinda hoping I would get my Lesche, cuz he was advertising a really good price on it, guess the saying " you get what you pay for " is True.......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rvosburg said:
On the first call I made to him, before he told me he was too busy to talk, he told me that he had the item in stock and it would be shipped out the next day. That was 18 days ago. I will check tomorrow and see if my card has been charged, but after this long, it may be too late to have it canceled on my card. Guess I will find out. Was kinda hoping I would get my Lesche, cuz he was advertising a really good price on it, guess the saying " you get what you pay for " is True.......

You can dispute a charge on your card.....

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
If your card has been charged I would call the card company and dispute the charge since you have not received the purchased merchandise.

Hope it all works out for you.

Ray S E CenFL

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
RGINN said:
I don't buy nothin off the internet. Y'all go to Gold-n-Detectors in Golden Colorado and deal with a real person. One who has actually found treasure. That's a plug I guess, but I don't get paid for it. I should, or at least get a little discount.
Bill,originally from MO,is a great guy and whenever I'm in that area I stop to visit with him.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think 4-H would be a good alternative. Hope you can get that situation worked out with T.C. He's the one who I received my very first metal detector from. Seemed like a really nice guy... :dontknow:

Bran <><

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I know some people who live in Granby.
They could stop by his place but not sure how that would help.
Maybe the phone thing would be better.
Also dispute the charge on your credit card.

Grey

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a deal with TC myself and it took over a month before I was told his supplier didn't have the coil and I got a refund. Before the end I called TC 5 times and emailed him at least 3 times.

Over on another forum there's a large thread about his slow service. He's known for very slow service. I know of one fellow who waited almost 2 months for a detector TC had sitting in his shop. But on the bright side he got a good deal.

Good luck.

Badger

OP
OP
rvosburg

rvosburg

Apr 27, 2010
Lakeland La.
Detector(s) used
Yea well, from now on I wont look for just the best deal. I'm so disgusted with this guy.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rvosburg said:
Yea well, from now on I wont look for just the best deal. I'm so disgusted with this guy.....

Best idea os just cancel your order, and buy somewhere else.....That is the advantage of using a credit card, you are protected and you can dispute the charge. I have disputed several charges over the years over items I have purchased or tried to purchase with out a single problem.....

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
He is helping everyone decide on a detector at httpcolondoubleslashmetal
detectorreviewsdotnet Maybe posting there on the forum would get some response. HH, George (MN)

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
did you ever receive the digger?

Just curious if the dealer ever responded...........see ya mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread