spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not save your money and hunt at night, there is no sunlight to bother you :laughing7:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.steepandcheap.com/

There's a pair of sunglasses on there right now... they have quite a few pairs of random glasses on there, all for significantly less than what you'd typically pay retail for.

Bran <><

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Wiley X is my choice. It is also what the government issues to the secret service and other goverment service people. I got mine at around $30 from a mail order catalog. You may find them cheaper elsewhere,though. Good Luck. rockhound

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on! I'll check these out and welcome any additional suggestions. :thumbsup:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I ordered mine from Sportsmans Guide. It is a mail order catalog. Not sure if they still have them or not. Good Luck. rockhound

jayallday14

Jul 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Excal 1000
I faithfully wear sunglasses. Years in Hawaii and deploying to the big sandbox, I have 2 brands that have always come through. Wiley-X and Bolle. The Wiley-X glasses come with a removeable gasket that will keep sand, grit and sweat out of your eyes. They can be pricey depending on the model..I have some that are 180 bucks...but you get what you pay for. The Bolles are my everyday sunglasses. Lightweight, and very durable. The price on these are not bad and there are tons of models to choose from.
Be advised though, polarized lenses affect the ability to see the screen on your detector.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I wore my prescription sunglasses into a convieniance store and couldn't use the ATM machine.
The polarized glasses made the screen blank and I couldn't see without them. LOL

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
I was just thinking about that today.. do you guys wear polarized sunglasses at the beach or regular?
No need to make a new post...wouldn't matter with an Excal 2 with no screen.

Lails

May 25, 2010
Iron Patch said:
Have some Oakleys, but want something for detecting that I am not going to care a whole lot about. As I said no more than $50, $30 would be cool, and definitely not the bottom of the barrel Asian stuff that will have me wondering if there really is UV protection. Also, they have to be cool! :laughing7:
Hi, how about this UV400 Protection Men's Sport Sunglasses ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread