Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: BP Live Video Feed Gulf Oil Leak

I ain't too worried about it.

Just another media and government dog and pony show.

BP knows what they need to do and they said it on the first day of this debacle.

The relief wells have to be drilled to put a permanent end to this.

Being old has it's advantages because I remember a much worse blowout in 79.

The deepwater well IXTOC blew out in the gulf much deeper at 2 miles and with more daily release
of 30,000 Barrels a day, not gallons but barrels.

They tried containment and all the crap they are doing now, except that then they had a stupid
name for it, i think it was El Sombrero or something.

Anyhow, it was just about a year later that it was capped in the spring of 80 i think.

The fish survived, man survived and people still laid on the beach and got brown.

This one too shall pass as soon as the the media finds a new target.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Please see my post and watch the videos of how you can help. :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,324662.0.html

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Thanks MUD
I think it will take many volunteers in the coming months to help. We have talked about getting a group together go down support the economy some and help when things get organised. Be a diffrent type vacation for sure.. wait and see like the rest of the nation.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sasnz said:
I have been trying to follow this from New Zealand as I think it is a catastrophic event that is unfolding but I tell you what, You guys are only a couple of days away from the start of the official Hurricane season and If you get one of those suckers over that well and get a storm surge of 6mtrs or so then that is going to create on hell of a mess that aint gonna be cleaned up for years. I think the oil you can see on the surface is only a small percentage from what I have read about the oil Colums in the water. If a huricane blows into a city then you may as well evacuate it as it aint gonna be livable with all those fumes hanging around.

I cant believe that they cant plug this thing. Seems incredible to me.

Me an Red was just talking about that Sasnz........say hi to the family Bro :icon_thumleft:

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON

Jeep said:
The deepwater well IXTOC blew out in the gulf much deeper at 2 miles and with more daily release

The well itself was 2 miles deep, but the water depth at that location was only about 160 feet. The water pressure at 160 feet is a little less than 6 atmospheres, just about 86 psi.; at 1 mile depth it is 161 atmospheres, or 2,367 psi., and that is the source of the additional problems.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gord said:
Jeep said:

The well itself was 2 miles deep, but the water depth at that location was only about 160 feet. The water pressure at 160 feet is a little less than 6 atmospheres, just about 86 psi.; at 1 mile depth it is 161 atmospheres, or 2,367 psi., and that is the source of the additional problems.

That is exactly why they need to stop the fruitless capping, containment and all the other wasteful
manpower and concentrate on drilling relief wells.

If all that crap failed in 160 feet of water it surely is not going to work at 5,000.

Like I said, it is a dog and pony show for the Gov and media to show that something is being done.

Unless they want this to top IXTOC they better get busy drilling.

BP stated that with relief wells this can be contained by Aug. That leaves me to believe that the relief
wells are already being drilled.

That last dog and pony show with the IXTOC took about a year to get capped because of the delay in the relief well drilling.

Anyhow, it won't effect my going to Florida in the gulf to laze about my condo and detect for a couple of months.

I can't cap it, drill it or needlessly worry about it cause they pay people to do that and they ain't sent me a check yet and I can't donate cause I need my hay (that just went up $$) for my horse's so our POTUS and BP better get busy.

Like the POTUS said after he thought it was contained that he takes all responsibility for fixing this.

I bet he wished he would of waited to make sure it stopped :laughing7:

I Suppose he better mosey on down there and get busy and he can use ACORN to lay booms and throw hay and hair on it :laughing7:

Have a great day and HH

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeep said:
gord said:
Jeep said:

That is exactly why they need to stop the fruitless capping, containment and all the other wasteful
manpower and concentrate on drilling relief wells.

If all that crap failed in 160 feet of water it surely is not going to work at 5,000.

Like I said, it is a dog and pony show for the Gov and media to show that something is being done.

Unless they want this to top IXTOC they better get busy drilling.

BP stated that with relief wells this can be contained by Aug. That leaves me to believe that the relief
wells are already being drilled.

That last dog and pony show with the IXTOC took about a year to get capped because of the delay in the relief well drilling.

Anyhow, it won't effect my going to Florida in the gulf to laze about my condo and detect for a couple of months.

I can't cap it, drill it or needlessly worry about it cause they pay people to do that and they ain't sent me a check yet and I can't donate cause I need my hay (that just went up $$) for my horse's so our POTUS and BP better get busy.

Like the POTUS said after he thought it was contained that he takes all responsibility for fixing this.

I bet he wished he would of waited to make sure it stopped :laughing7:

I Suppose he better mosey on down there and get busy and he can use ACORN to lay booms and throw hay and hair on it :laughing7:

Have a great day and HH

I agree with pretty much everything you said but I think they should had an army working on the coast to be ready much sooner than now. It's true there's absolutely no point focusing on BP at the moment because they want to stop the thing as much as anyone .... because it's costing them huge $$$. I also agree the media has tunnel vision on most things they report, and unfortunately too many people don't have the time to find out more, or it all goes over their head. (There has been two wells being drilled for many weeks now)

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe deep water drilling will be in two's in the future ?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TnMountains said:
Maybe deep water drilling will be in two's in the future ?

At a 100 million a pop it would be very expensive. Apparently they say even with the accident and subsequent failures to stop the oil, they are learning valuable lessons about making the blowout prevent more safe for future use. I think a better design and strict regulations will be what happpens.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is the IXTOC the one mentioned the one in Mexico you talked about earlier ? I f so like they said on the news tonight both of these were about the same an they took 10 monthes to get the other well done.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mental Granny said:
Is the IXTOC the one mentioned the one in Mexico you talked about earlier ? I f so like they said on the news tonight both of these were about the same an they took 10 monthes to get the other well done.

The difference is they can probably drill faster now.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This latest approach better be able to collect a lot of the oil because it sure seems to be coming out with much more force. If it's only the estimated 20% more I'd be very surprised. It's like a rocket now.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
This latest approach better be able to collect a lot of the oil because it sure seems to be coming out with much more force. If it's only the estimated 20% more I'd be very surprised. It's like a rocket now.

Its huge Iron Patch. Each one of the ROV'S have a camera link. The political blame game continues. I do think BP should be doing a live voice over on every move being made with the Rov's. I guess it concerns me even though I can do nothing but I refuse to roll over and say that this is acceptable and it does not concern me. Maybe we should spend our vacation money in the Gulf. :dontknow:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TnMountains said:
4-H said:
Now one of the inspectors has confessed to accepting Gifts... :angry3:

That's a dam shame

And being on Meth. This is going to be worse before better. The top kill fails we may have to wait for the other well to be drilled. This thing could pump for a long time.... hope not.
That's what happens when the government hires losers to these jobs just so they can keep adding people to the payroll.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TnMountains said:
Iron Patch said:

Its huge Iron Patch. Each one of the ROV'S have a camera link. The political blame game continues. I do think BP should be doing a live voice over on every move being made with the Rov's. I guess it concerns me even though I can do nothing but I refuse to roll over and say that this is acceptable and it does not concern me. Maybe we should spend our vacation money in the Gulf. :dontknow:

The positive I see is, I think once they complete the second half of what's going on right now it will get a good % of the oil. The negative is they won't even be close to having it cleaned up when the first storm blows in.

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI

I saw the birds soaked oin Oil today on CNN, man what a shame, yip when those storms hit it really is gonna start looking like a warzone.

I know that everone is angry with BP and with all rights but the blame game isnt going to sort this problem out now. spend the money on fixing it and worry about who to blame or pay for it later.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When the storms hit none of the animals will be able to get away from the srorms the way they normally would ! I am so mad an so upset ! And the heat! The oil on them will bw like a coat cooking them!

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now the nation will get upset because its on Florida. A place everyone can relate to. The response at ground zero was ho hum. Now its OMG Florida! Duh. Maybe this new cap can contain some at the site.

What people do not realise is... if its just now coming ashore it will probably keep coming ashore for at least the number of day since the spill and at least that number of days after the well is capped. That's a lot of days with oil coming ashore. :help:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TnMountains said:
Now the nation will get upset because its on Florida. A place everyone can relate to. The response at ground zero was ho hum. Now its OMG Florida! Duh. Maybe this new cap can contain some at the site.

What people do not realise is... if its just now coming ashore it will probably keep coming ashore for at least the number of day since the spill and at least that number of days after the well is capped. That's a lot of days with oil coming ashore. :help:

I think the clean up crews would be VERY happy to have a month and a half to deal with it "little by little." It's getting it all in a few days that will push the disaster to a new level.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread