Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
spartacus53 said:
I'm just curious as to why someone would take the time to post something, then later on just delete it. I seem to see that happening here more often of late.

Maybe then again, they didn't appreciate a witty reply either.. :dontknow:

Have any of you noticed this latest phenomena?

:::::::::Raising hands high::::::::::::::::::: "Guilty"

I will remove posts from time to time, usually one that has not had any replies. It's a habit brought over from another site I belong to where we try to keep older posts from cluttering up the site. :coffee2:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate your insight on that Blacksheep. This was only posted early this evening and may have been on for 1 hour tops. It was about a 18 month old baby smoking. I made 2 funny comments, I least I thought they were funny. Maybe he thought the topic should not been seen by younger kids, or he didn't appreciate my insight. :dontknow:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have in the past cuz sum people got real upset about the content. :dontknow:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks aa battery, I guess I'm getting the picture now. I guess sometimes you just want to retract something not to ruffle feathers, I'm glad someone takes the high road :icon_thumleft:

For me it's all about humor, nothing else. Even though I know some things I post may be in bad taste. Then again, I am blessed not to have good judgment. :tongue3:

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe in going down with the ship :laughing7:

I do understand why some people do though, who needs the drama that some posters bring.

It's easier to just delete a post and leave them babbling :laughing7:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
I appreciate your insight on that Blacksheep. This was only posted early this evening and may have been on for 1 hour tops. It was about a 18 month old baby smoking. I made 2 funny comments, I least I thought they were funny. Maybe he thought the topic should not been seen by younger kids, or he didn't appreciate my insight. :dontknow:

I posted that, and it was something that was shown on one of the popular entertainment tv shows, but it was deleted on this website! I did not delete that post!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I have ,on occasion, made a post when I was cranky and in retrospect the next day deleted it . I am opinionated but feel I have no right to demean or belittle another member .
I have the IGNORE option for those that I absolutely can not agree with .
Jim

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
spartacus53 said:

I posted that, and it was something that was shown on one of the popular entertainment tv shows, but it was deleted on this website! I did not delete that post!

Not a problem, I just saw it go poof.. I have also seen others go away and was just questioning why. By the way, that kid did look like an adult with that stoogie in his mouth.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
I have ,on occasion, made a post when I was cranky and in retrospect the next day deleted it . I am opinionated but feel I have no right to demean or belittle another member .
I have the IGNORE option for those that I absolutely can not agree with .
Jim

You have to admit, sometimes it's just fun replying with something silly. I like making them think, was he for real :icon_scratch: I say, keep um guessing :laughing9:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Iron Patch said:
spartacus53 said:

Not a problem, I just saw it go poof.. I have also seen others go away and was just questioning why. By the way, that kid did look like an adult with that stoogie in his mouth.

I never even seen a reply. When I logged on again it was gone. Makes zero sense to me.

Yes he sure handled that thing way better than I could. (That's what made it funny)

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
[
I never even seen a reply. When I logged on again it was gone. Makes zero sense to me.

Yes he sure handled that thing way better than I could. (That's what made it funny)

Your topic read "funny and disturbing" My comment was the only thing funny was that he spent his clothing money on cigarettes and it was disturbing to see how obese that baby was.

Maybe it was deleted due to content :dontknow: I've seen worse than a baby smoking. Well it's also good to know that it's not just me noticing disappearing posts.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:

I Deleted that one.

After having it brought to my attention &
reviewing it, I found it to
not be appropriate for TreasureNet.

Even though I Doubt the person
in the Vid was as young as they looked,
I Would think it would be offensive
to both Smokers & Non Smokers alike.

But What do I Know :dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
spartacus53 said:

I Doubt very much here in the U.S. it would
be aired on TV Unless on a News Report
or Womens "Step on Men & Kick
them when their down" Show :tongue3:

Your TV programming is probably a
bit more Open Minded.

Sorry If I Made an Unpopular decision on it.
but felt it was inappropriate.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Iron Patch said:
spartacus53 said:

I Doubt very much here in the U.S. it would
be aired on TV Unless on a News Report
or Womens "Step on Men & Kick
them when their down" Show :tongue3:

Your TV programming is probably a
bit more Open Minded.

Sorry If I Made an Unpopular decision on it.
but felt it was inappropriate.

Our programming is American, was on a nationally broadcast entertainment show, and was on close (if not during) prime time, not to mention this is a viral video and story.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, thanks for chiming in and clearing it up. I have no problem and understand your concern, because that may be a gray area. Maybe you should make another forum in the "rubber room" for gray, or questionable taste. :dontknow: I doubt it was posted in the negative sense, but like you said you would be afraid how others may interpret the post. So in hindsight, I can understand your predicament.

The only sad thing, is I thought my one line was funny!!!

All in all, I think all of the moderators here do an exceptional job. After all, you have to read my posts :laughing9:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
Well damnit Jeff, I didnt get to see it & I would LOVE to see a baby smoking! Repost it IP & lets see if Jeff deletes it a 2nd time! :laughing7: :laughing9: :tongue3:

Very easy! Just go to youtube and search "Ardi Rizal - The real SMOKING BABY from Indonesia"

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
Well damnit Jeff, I didnt get to see it & I would LOVE to see a baby smoking! Repost it IP & lets see if Jeff deletes it a 2nd time! :laughing7: :laughing9: :tongue3:

AP if you want to fill my shoes, you need to step it up a notch. Jump on the topics ASAP, that is my advise to you good buddy :icon_thumleft: We are like the tag team from hell :laughing9:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he is supposedly 2 years old

but I Still find that hard to Believe
& Think it's a Anti Smoking Tactic.

But all I Can find says it's Real

& Ardi lives in the province of Sumatra and weighs 56 pounds. He gets around a toy truck as he is too fat to move around.

His mother said, "He's totally addicted," "If he doesn't get cigarettes, he gets angry and screams and batters his head against the wall. He tells me he feels dizzy and sick." His father however seemed unaffected as he said, "He looks pretty healthy to me," "I don't see the problem."

Personally if he is only 2 & Weighs that much
Maybe Smoking isn't the Worst of his Problems

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions